Author Topic: What are the odds, really?  (Read 5437 times)

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
Re: What are the odds, really?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 26, 2007, 04:10 PM »
Hey!  I caught that same fish in Alaska...  stay away from her boys, she really gets around!

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #31 on: Sep 26, 2007, 10:02 PM »
Similar story - open water.  We fly in and fish a lake in Canada every year.  One time we were talking about wether or not we catch the same pike/walleye one year to the next.  Well, the next year a guy who is involved with wildlife biologists brings up a bunch of tags and we tagged fish.  We recorded the length of them, date, location caught.  We only caught two repeats, one the following year and one two years after it was tagged.  This is a pretty big lake.  You could fish around the shorelines for a week without coming back to where you started.  Both of the repeats were pike.

Funny thing is that one my dad caught and tagged was the one caught by someone else two years later - and it was 2" shorter than my dad had recorded.   :roflmao:

He still hears about that any time we are all together to fish/hunt and it's been close to 10 years since it happened.
Lmao the old guys always adds 2 to 4 inches to the stories. :roflmao: :roflmao: :whistle: :whistle:
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #32 on: Sep 27, 2007, 05:07 PM »
thats amazing, being u caught that monter twice tells me one thing. You guys know what your are doing

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #33 on: Sep 27, 2007, 05:16 PM »
Lmao the old guys always adds 2 to 4 inches to the stories. :roflmao: :roflmao: :whistle: :whistle:

inches or pounds

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline projoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Sep 27, 2007, 07:19 PM »
i hate to rain on ur parade but there are a few marks on both fish that r not the same. yes i was convinced wen u pointd out the two marks but theres a few in between that i think arent the same. its still pretty cool that u caught two fish almost the same but who nos they may be the same fish am not going to argue with anyone but just my opinion

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #35 on: Sep 28, 2007, 03:28 PM »
i hate to rain on ur parade but there are a few marks on both fish that r not the same. yes i was convinced wen u pointd out the two marks but theres a few in between that i think arent the same. its still pretty cool that u caught two fish almost the same but who nos they may be the same fish am not going to argue with anyone but just my opinion

i don't wanna argue either - if you saw some different marks, i think it was probably the snow flying in the second picture.  i'm 100% sure it's the same fish

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Sep 29, 2007, 10:48 AM »
OK then  how about  Maine IF&W have been secretly cloning fish and sneaking them into the lakes  lol
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #37 on: Sep 29, 2007, 02:21 PM »
OK then  how about  Maine IF&W have been secretly cloning fish and sneaking them into the lakes  lol

Hey BottomDweller,
have you seen Fox Moulder or Dana Skully sulking around your shanty?  could be aliens you know... fur reel!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.