Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Jigging

Which line material

(1/5) > >>

Chris338378:
I primarily jig for pan fish and have always used some brand of Mono in three or four pound test for my jigging reels and stared wondering about the other line materials such as Nanofil, Flourocarbon, and the Superlines.  Last year I tired Trilene Micro Ice and wasn't a fan of it.  I can't say any reason why but I just wasn't a fan.  I've used Trilene's  Cold Water line for a long time and don't have any major complaints about it and caught lots of fish on it so I've gotten into the habit of using it.  What is your experiences with these other line materials and are they really worth the extra money? 

Old Goat:
Give the Asso line a try I know they make .5lb  1 lb.  1.5 lb. and up

Chris338378:
I've never heard of the Asso line before, who makes it and what material is it made from?

esox_xtm:
Hey Chris, I've played with a few but sway toward the superline field. Lotsa Berkeley Ice Mono, Silver Thread and Sufix. Now I'm basically a Nanofil guy. OK, I bought  giant spool of 10#, diameter of 4# or something like that. I like the durability, no memory and zero stretch. The no stretch is a two way street. Everything you can feel the fish can feel back so you gotta be extremely diligent. Other than that it's a no brainer for me.

Remember, you can use rope if you wanna as long as your leader is right. Stick with high profile brands and you'll not be disappointed (often). Not saying it won't happen but not as often as the dark horses.

Old Goat:

--- Quote from: Chris338378 on Nov 02, 2016, 07:48 PM ---I've never heard of the Asso line before, who makes it and what material is it made from?

--- End quote ---

Asso Invisable Ultralight    100% Fluorocarbon     Looks like Your Bobbers Down carries it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version