Author Topic: Thursday and fridays fishing on Lake Dauphin..  (Read 1577 times)

Rock Bottom

Thursday and fridays fishing on Lake Dauphin..
« on: Mar 26, 2005, 09:42 AM »
Well what a day we had on thursday, We went looking for perch at hudson bay point. the point along with the rest of lake dauphin is not known for quantity but for its quality perch wich is what we wanted. We caught 6 perch there with the smallest being 10 3/4 inches and the biggest 12 3/4 we could not get the master today, we also caught some nice walleye, and around 15 pike.

On friday we caught wind that they were catching consistent perch over 13 inches on the other side of the lake so we decided to head out that way. We got over there and set up to what I thought would be a good spot, While fishin with Gord on thursday he was telling me he has had good luck with the storm baits and I happened to have some I tied on a 2 inch RT wildeye. I got it to the bottom and thats all I did, WHAM!! fish on, nice walleye caught a few more but all walleye first time in my life that I was cursing walleye..lol.. We wanted big perch so we moved shallow and caught a few more walleye and finally I caught a 11.5 inch perch and that was it so we moved again deeper this time.

We drilled our holes set up our lines and it was non stop walleye after that. Gord said he was happy with the pics he had from thursday and decided we would do some nice walleye shots as well. We lost count of how many Walleye we caught and just as we were getting ready to pack it in a guy right beside us caught a beauty 13.5 inch perch.

Here are a couple of pics I did get I forgot all about the camera that was hanging around my neck. I will post more of the pics that Gord shot with his camera as soon as he emails them to me..

Here is a pick where I put Gord to work.

Here is one of him taking a pic of a nice 12.5 inch perch.

Here is a beauty Walleye I caught yesterday.

And another walleye

Here is a pic of a lady that caught her first fish.

Offline joe10

• IceShanty Rookie
  • help! he is bringn me down!!!!!
Re: Thursday and fridays fishing on Lake Dauphin..
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2005, 10:19 AM »
Nice pictures. 8) Looks like you guys had a good day.  ;D ;D
POUND EM

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2005, 10:27 AM »
Very nice pics RB. next time I come down to your store you will ned to tell me about these huge perch as I want to fish for them next hardwater season.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2005, 11:11 AM »
Nice...a bit of a shame about not being able to catch the target species, but fishing and catching is much better than just drilling holes.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Rod....nice report and good to hear the walleye wouldnt leave storm or no storm.... ;D ;D...GP loves his plastic presentation judging from past articles....too bad the perch wouldnt cooperate for the photo shoot.....great job bud....Grump ;D ;D

Rock Bottom

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2005, 08:48 AM »
I was telling him all about Ice Shanty he sounded very interested and was gonna check it out.

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm baaaack let the fishing begin
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2005, 11:23 PM »
Man I love these pictures everyone is posting. They get me going every time I see them. Great walleye, would love to get some of those yet but my winter fun is quickly comming to a close.
Tim

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2005, 06:10 AM »
I was telling him all about Ice Shanty he sounded very interested and was gonna check it out.

Cool RB I really enjoy his articles!.His article on big cats in an old outdoor canada magazine got me interested in fishing for them now they pretty much dominate my summer fishing ;D  8)

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2005, 09:01 AM »
Great pics tou guys nice fish.:o :oLooks like you guys had alot of fun.!tightlines! :clap: :clap:
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.