Author Topic: Mr Heater Issues  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Icefishin_Rod

• IceShanty Rookie
Mr Heater Issues
« on: Oct 25, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Pilot light won't stay lit. Heard someone was a solution. what do people know?

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
Re: Mr Heater Issues
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2008, 11:40 AM »
HI ,
  I have made a box out of a small piece of aluminum.  I fit it over where the pilot light flame area is then I drilled a few small holes in it to let the air thru.  it no longer blows out.  I don't have a pic but you just need to sheild the pilot light area from the wind.  The I left a tab on each side of the box and uses one small screw on each side to attach the pilot box to the heater.    I hope this helps.  Also If you find a cheap 30 gallon metal garbage canyou can cut a hole thru the side an put a hinge and cheap clasp on it.  Then you can use your heater  inside of it when the wind is blowing.  This helps keep the main heater hot and the heat will come thru the opening of the upside down garbage can.  This way you can fish outside the hut and still have a bit of warm air near your reel and hands.  When you done turn the can upright  clasp the door shut and you can carry your stuff in it.
  I hope this helps.
  Thanks
  Da-Roc
  Porter County Indiana

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2008, 03:01 PM »
Pilot light won't stay lit. Heard someone was a solution. what do people know?

Read this post and you'll see what others have done-->  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=27056.0
Ken                                          

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2008, 09:01 PM »
the most common reason for a pilot that wont lite is it getting snow or ice in it, I bring along a BBQ lighter to dry off the area and help get it going again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.