Author Topic: Ice augers  (Read 775 times)

Offline mroettger

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice augers
« on: Nov 27, 2014, 02:16 PM »
Wondering if anyone had any input of the Eskimo Stingray 33cc power auger. May purchase it tmrw, after reading some reviews most people seem to like it, getting it to start seems to b the only issue. Any input would be great!

Offline JOEFISH ICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice augers
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2014, 03:11 PM »
Awsome auger! I got one of those and a 2 stroke jiffy 2500 with stx blades and my Eskimo drills just as fast and starts easier. Just make sure u do the break in procedure before actually using it. Also like it cause its a lot lighter. Actually my Eskimo is the viper wich is a lil smaller than the stingrays. I think u would b real happy with the viper and their a lil cheaper than the stingray s and a lil lighter
Dirty Midwest fishing

Offline JOEFISH ICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2014, 03:20 PM »
Lol just found out the stingrays are the new name of the viper. 250$ on sale at scheels. Cant beat that. You will b happy!
Dirty Midwest fishing

Offline mroettger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2014, 03:49 PM »
Yeah I saw the ad today. Gunna probably pull the trigger tmrw. My shoulders are pretty excited to get the rest this season

Offline alekhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2014, 04:27 PM »
I love mine
I'm not brightest tool in the shed my ice auger is

Offline Bux n dux

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2014, 04:50 PM »
I have the Z71 shark and love it. Only trouble I had starting it was priming it with the choke on. DOH!! Starts easy if I prime it then choke it....

Offline Slabsticker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2014, 06:48 PM »
I've had an Eskimo since the first year they started using the viper engine. It drills better and faster than any auger I've ever even seen. It probably drills 3000 holes a year...... When it's running. I've had a lot problems with it, carbs, magnetos, and most of all... Gas related stuff, tanks,hoses, etc.  it's been a good auger overall but I just broke down and bought a jiffy. The price seems fair, I'd say roll the dice.   

Offline Havoc67x

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2014, 07:01 PM »
I got one for Christmas last year n do have some issues starting it but when it is running it is a awesome auger n I know the prices r great even though I did not buy it, I do recommend gapping the plug a bit more for a bit more spark n after you choke n prime it a couple times n it doesnt fire hit the primer again n watch the gas line youll see air bubbles hit it till they r no longer usually 2 or 3 times n it will usually fire not saying it will be a solution for yours but hopefully it will help if needed, please post any additional tips if you guys have some thanks n good luck this season!

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2014, 11:07 AM »
I have a Strike Master 3000. Think I need to look at the one you are looking at sounds like a fine price! I get what you mean about the shoulder rest.
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.