Author Topic: PCCC  (Read 2935 times)

Offline vermillion1405

• Team IceShanty Regular
PCCC
« on: Jan 21, 2012, 03:16 PM »
Fished for this 1st time this year, Main pond had about 5" this morning, Ice should be in good shape for the Derby Feb 11. Fished for about 2 hours this morning we nailed them, well over 40 gills. I had 2 poles out and all but one of my fish was caught on dark purple jig. Jig broke, so I used orange and nothing, found another dark purple jig and started slaming them again.

Offline triplej

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: PCCC
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2012, 04:52 PM »
nice catch, keep slaying them

Offline smallmouthman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish fear me.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Looks like it was worth the wait. Good Job

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2012, 05:35 PM »
always a great event! Good job guys!

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2012, 06:03 PM »
Im happy to see someone catching fish!!  I have tomorrow off so I think im going to get out for my first trip

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2012, 06:43 PM »
I know that LOG!    Lots of gills in that place.     
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2012, 10:41 PM »
Yep find the lucky log, and find the fish!!!
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

Offline reno81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:25 AM »
How many years of hundred +turnout at the derby will it take to fish that pond out?

Offline vermillion1405

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2012, 11:58 AM »
Reno, ever since you guys started coming to this derby 3-4 years ago, we started stocking our ponds with bluegill on a regular basis. I don't know the exact numbers but I believe it is over a thousand per year that we put back into these ponds. This year I think a good number of them was in the 4-6 range that we stocked. Our goal is for you guys to be catching 25 gills a piece when you come to our derby. Don't know if it will be this year, but yesterday looked  promising. As long as you guys keep coming to our derby every year we will continue stocking these ponds to make our ice derbys and our free take a kid fishing day in the summer as enjoyable as possible.

Offline coho333

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2012, 12:36 PM »
I hope we have ice for the derby because my son and I have been going for the last three years and we have a blast. Thanks PCCC for the opportunity to have a great time with my son.
Here fishy, fishy!!!!!!!

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2012, 12:53 PM »
How many years of hundred +turnout at the derby will it take to fish that pond out?

Reno, ever since you guys started coming to this derby 3-4 years ago, we started stocking our ponds with bluegill on a regular basis. I don't know the exact numbers but I believe it is over a thousand per year that we put back into these ponds. This year I think a good number of them was in the 4-6 range that we stocked. Our goal is for you guys to be catching 25 gills a piece when you come to our derby. Don't know if it will be this year, but yesterday looked  promising. As long as you guys keep coming to our derby every year we will continue stocking these ponds to make our ice derbys and our free take a kid fishing day in the summer as enjoyable as possible.

We have also put catch limmits on our selves, along with not letting any fish to be taken during the spawn. we are diffanately trying to manage this the dest we can. as JIm said. We have goals for the derby that looks like we are getting closer to!!!

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2012, 12:56 PM »
I hope we have ice for the derby because my son and I have been going for the last three years and we have a blast. Thanks PCCC for the opportunity to have a great time with my son.

Thats another reason we do this we LOVE to see the kids out there. Make sure u come to the Take a kids fishing event. this is another great event we have and it is free!!! LOT of great prizes.

Offline screaming weasel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2012, 03:33 PM »
the lucky log lol, everyone got a pond or lake with one of those ;D

Offline reno81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:34 AM »
Hey thanks guys for responding. I was unaware of the ongoing stocking to keep that awesome little lake in check. I took last yr. Off from the derby as not to keep taking somany fish out of there every yr. But as long as we have good ice i will attend this yr. I missed not being there last yr. And thanks guys for putting on a great derby.

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:11 AM »
Hey thanks guys for responding. I was unaware of the ongoing stocking to keep that awesome little lake in check. I took last yr. Off from the derby as not to keep taking somany fish out of there every yr. But as long as we have good ice i will attend this yr. I missed not being there last yr. And thanks guys for putting on a great derby.

We did a little bit of per-derby checking on Saturday (purely experimental purposes for the derby i assure you!) and things look good. I had the camera out and seen a good # of decent size fish. As Jim also said we have a stocking program in place and this year we actually invested in larger fish i believe they were 4" to 6" fish and they were on the large side!!!

Offline portageredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2012, 04:08 PM »
hey felix do you have any info on joining the pccc or pm me the info   ...thanx  don

Offline jcindiana

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2012, 04:15 PM »
hey felix do you have any info on joining the pccc or pm me the info   ...thanx

Offline jcindiana

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23, 2012, 04:16 PM »
pm me any info if you can thanks

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:19 PM »
hey felix do you have any info on joining the pccc or pm me the info   ...thanx  don

pm me any info if you can thanks

http://www.conservationclub.com/
The above link is our main webpage. it has info. We meet the 2 and 4 thursday of every month..........so there is a meeting this thursday. doue are $ 100.00 per year. We could use some good outdoors minded members. we do have a cap limmit of how mant members we take think its like 80 but not certain. there is a link with a map on the web page would love to get fellow I.S. brethern at the club. call me if u want any more info be glad to ansewer questions
Felix 219-313-5290

Offline jcindiana

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2012, 02:54 PM »
thanks for the info  :)

Offline klbeeks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 24, 2012, 11:40 PM »
where is pccc? and whats its actually name? and im very interrested in the derby mentioned above, any more info on it?
Fish On'

Offline NIKE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:22 AM »
  @) It is off of State Road 130 heading West out of Valpo - turn South on Froberg Road  :tipup: we have a Large Ice Derby sign on 130  :tipup:  ;D PCCC ;D Porter County Conservation Club - Check the Events Section on IceShanty Site or go to our web site details are there - Thanks for your interest - Hope to see you at the derby  :tipup: 

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2012, 11:33 AM »
where is pccc? and whats its actually name? and im very interrested in the derby mentioned above, any more info on it?

http://www.conservationclub.com/

Offline Ice_Fly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2012, 11:36 AM »
Nice!!! I've had good luck on purple also.

Offline vermillion1405

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 05, 2012, 04:09 PM »
Here's an update on our Derby that was scheduled for February 11. We are going to postpone it to our scheduled makeup date of February 18, same time. On the 18th, if there is no ice or unsafe ice we are going to have a “no ice” fishing festival, we will melt any remaining ice off one of our ponds to make fishable with soft water gear and still have cash prizes for large fish caught per fish specie. We will still have our raffles, door prizes and food etc. Details are still being worked out and will be posted. We are going to make the best of this bad weather. This Derby helps fund our Free "take a kid fishing" day in the summer and hope to see you guys here ice or no ice!!

Check our website for update on Ice conditions closer to the event: www.conservationclub.c om

Offline jcindiana

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 06, 2012, 03:06 PM »
thanks for the update look like a good time.fingers crossed hope we have ice. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #26 on: Feb 06, 2012, 06:23 PM »
Glad you guys are being resourceful Felix, I'm sure it will be a fun day.

Offline bop3c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 07, 2012, 05:21 AM »
weatherman is calling for colder temps for the next 10 days.. hopefully we can get on the ice and  put an exclamation point on this crazy season we've had...   

cross your fingers and hope to see you at the derby on the 18 Th...

ps. made a half in. of ice overnite on my pond...  keep er comeing... ;)

Offline muskyjoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:43 AM »
My son asks everyday before school if we are gonna be fish in the tourney. He was sad knowing that i haven't walked on ice in a week. Then i told him you guys were gonna be fishing no matter what. He got all fired up and now i told him that we are getting some colder weather and he says "BRING ON THE ICE BABY".

Offline Ice_Fly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 07, 2012, 09:39 AM »
weatherman is calling for colder temps for the next 10 days.. hopefully we can get on the ice and  put an exclamation point on this crazy season we've had...   

cross your fingers and hope to see you at the derby on the 18 Th...

ps. made a half in. of ice overnite on my pond...  keep er comeing... ;)

cool... a lake I fish had about an inch of new ice 3 or 4 days ago when we had the warm weather. (I know, can't figure it out either.)  If that is the case it should be a go right now. have the Vex charged. going to check. I wouldn't be surprised if people are getting on some of the channels already. I would say by the weekend without a doubt if the weather does as predicted.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.