Author Topic: munuscong bay  (Read 3412 times)

Offline aman12543

• IceShanty Rookie
munuscong bay
« on: Dec 01, 2015, 11:48 PM »
When this bay freezes, is it a must to have a snowmobile or ATV? I hear alot about Dan's resort for bait but is there parking available and are there good spots within walking distance from there?
Thanks in advance. 

Offline steeliebob

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: munuscong bay
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2015, 08:09 AM »
The best walleye fishing you will need to snowmobile out. There is some good fishing to be had within walking distance. Cedarville and Hessel have good fishing within a short walking distance.

Offline WalleyeAdventurer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2015, 05:28 PM »
It's much easier and quicker to use a snow machine or quad, but walking is possible.  Last year I trudged 30 minutes out multiple times from Dan's Resort and caught fish.  Look for the huge shanty groups and set up shop near them.  Location changes every week for hotspots so be open for change.  Most of the water is murky and 5 feet or less, so lures with flash or rattle produce well.  Pick up some slender spoons and buckshots when you get the chance.  Gold and firetiger seem to be the best colors when I've fished.  Tipped with a minnow head or half a minnow they can be deadly.  Change lures after some time though to see what the fish want.  Also move holes after periods of inactivity.  I usually move after 20-30 minutes of nothing happening.  Lastly, be prepared to set the hook at any time when jigging.  My dad lost a big pike and a big walleye after failing to set the hook on them because he was reading a book.  Sadly with the weather in the high 30s for the rest of December, it might be late January before we get any ice.  I hope this helps.
DILLY DILLY

Offline aman12543

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2016, 01:05 PM »
Just called Dan's Resort. They say some spots have 4-5" of ice already. One brave soul has been out on a snowmobile. Catching perch but must not be ice far enough out to get walleye.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2016, 02:37 PM »
I was hearing the same thing from one of my buddies.  He said he went out on 4 inches of ice and got 2 walleye in-between the two islands by Dan's Resort.  I think Gull and Pine island.  He said if you're going than to look for the big ice shanty groups out there.  I was hoping to go this weekend, but the next few days will be around 34 degrees, so I might wait till next Wednesday or Thursday maybe.
DILLY DILLY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2016, 02:38 PM »
Here's a water depth chart for reference
http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/14883.shtml
DILLY DILLY

Offline aman12543

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2016, 12:45 PM »
any new reports?

Offline icefishman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2016, 02:17 PM »
What was the winning fish this year out there? And how's the fishing been?
We're gonna head up once again in beginning of March
Catching Any?

Offline allisojr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2016, 01:29 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.