Author Topic: Teal Lake  (Read 1680 times)

Offline 63rfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Teal Lake
« on: Dec 17, 2014, 08:26 PM »
Has anyone on here been fishing out there?  I have seen quite a few guys all over the lake.  Just wondering if its worth a shot.  I know past reports on here were negative, but if be happy with even a couple eater walleye.

Offline Romby

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Teal Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2014, 09:02 PM »
I fished Teal last Saturday for 4 hours with only 1 bite!!  I moved several times, tried several different jigs/bait, all to no avail.  Now with that being said, my buddy went out a couple times last week and managed to catch a few decent perch and a legal walleye.  If you're in the area I'd say give it  shot with wigglers and small minnows for perch and sucker minnows on a tip up for walleye/pike.  There are some monster pike in Teal Lake now upwards of 42".  Hope this helps.   
A women who has never seen her husband ice fish, doesn't know what a patient man she married!

Offline 63rfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2014, 09:35 PM »
Thanks for the pointers!  I just moved to negaunee for the keweenaw and have never fished it.  Any idea what depths to try?

Offline blacknoise

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2014, 10:52 PM »
I believe they just planted musky in there this year as well.. Never had luck in summer or winter on that lake, but i know of people that have caught big fish

Offline Romby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:18 AM »
If you have a 4x4 or snowmobile try the north side along the bluff.  30' is usually what I'll try to find for perch fishing and it doesn't get much deeper than that. When you noticed the anglers close to shore they are targeting walleye near the launch.  Best fishing is sunup/sundown for the walleys, but not impossible to catch a nice walleye during the day a little deeper.  Its been pretty slow so far this year, but hopefully it will pick up a little.  Lots of suckers in Teal which are making the pike happy and the small musky grow a little faster.  According to the DNR website 699 nine inch Musky were planted on 10-15-14.
A women who has never seen her husband ice fish, doesn't know what a patient man she married!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.