Author Topic: Squaw/Twin Lakes  (Read 1821 times)

Offline icedflies

• Team IceShanty Regular
Squaw/Twin Lakes
« on: Feb 20, 2009, 05:03 PM »
Anybody ever go ice fishing on these lakes around Witch Lake?? Saw someone was fishing on Squaw today.

Offline icedflies

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Squaw/Twin Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2009, 08:36 PM »
I guess I'll reply to my own message...

Went fishing on Twin today...  finally got the taste of skunk out of my mouth.  Me and a buddy caught over 130 perch.  Best day ice fishing all year.  It was a shame that there weren't any keepers... but I'm not that dissapointed.

Offline fishalotbob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2009, 10:40 AM »
people on this site are awesome at replying eh!!  I have fished bedspring, squaw, and twin all in the summer but never did good.  I have heard there are trout in all of them?  You did not get any trout out of twin??  I will definately be fishing them more this summer.  Supposedly some big browns in twin!!

Offline icedflies

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2009, 04:11 PM »
I would bet there are some big fish in twin.  we were catching tons of fish that would be good bait!

Offline Exile

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cooking a Litlle Venie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2009, 03:32 PM »
Squaw use to be great for trout, I mean GREAT!!! now all fished out...... Lots of Bass small & large.
Only in the U.P.  (You can take man out of the U.P. but can't take the U.P. out of the Man)

Offline icedflies

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2009, 11:29 PM »
Fished twin again last Tuesday evening.  Buddy of mine caught a 27" Laker???  about an hour before I got there.  Then we got shot down other than dink perch after that.  Looked on the stocking reports... no lakers planted.. But this one had a clipped fin.  Does anyone know how often they update the stocking reports??  And is there free online access to any of the fish surveys of lakes?

Offline icedflies

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2009, 05:28 PM »
fished twin suday- good ice still..12" solid some slushy parts and the first two inches or so along the shore has melted.  One nice brown and a bunch of perch between three guys fishing.  Starting to find the trout in there but still need to do more fishing... hopefully I'll be able to get one more trip out there... and I'll be able to fish with 3 lines!  woo hoo.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.