New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Young man looking for a little help here.  (Read 735 times)

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Young man looking for a little help here.
« on: Jan 05, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Hey how are ya. Im 24 years old and im trying to get my friends into ice fishing. I took a couple guys to saratoga lake and got skunked over the weekend.  I used to go with my dad alot but in his old age its tuff for him to get out.  Im looking to take my buddies somewere tomarrow.  were targeting walleys and northerns but wouldnt complain with a bunch of perch flags going off. Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on a body of water that i can take them too where we have a good chance in flagging a few fish.  Were willing to drive a couple hours from the schenctady aread and really love the dacks.  anything you can offer would be very much appreciated. thanks guys and god luck this season.

Offline matty23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • gone fishing...........
Re: Young man looking for a little help here.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2009, 12:35 PM »
yeah i know what you mean getting skunked isnt fun...... theres some nice lakes up here indian lake is a nice lake to hit many different species up here monster lakers and monster pike... if you know where to find them--- matt
matty23

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Adirondack Lake in the town of Indian Lake would provide all the flags you could ask for in terms of keeping your buddies interested. Not a lot of big fish, okay maybe thats an understatement, but there are pike in there that are hungry. I don't really fish South of LG so I dont know any lakes in your area that might help you, but i might suggest looking around your area for ponds that you could get permission to fish. If youre looking to get guys interested in ice fishing you gotta get them onto some fish, pond fishing can be productive and fun for anyone
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2009, 03:17 PM »
Hey man i actually am pretty familiar with indian lake. I do alot of deer hunting up there in the early season bow season but have never fished the lake.  I would love to take a trip up there this weekend could you maybe point me in a good direction on the lake and maybe where i can park.  That would be a huge help man thanks for the tip.

Offline matty23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • gone fishing...........
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2009, 09:13 AM »
its called town line       its on rte 30 you cant miss it....... theres a little sign there on the side of the rd that says town line
good luck!!!
matty23

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.