The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur  (Read 29989 times)

Offline Tom7541

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Arthur
« Reply #30 on: Jan 13, 2019, 07:35 PM »
Stopped at porters cove on way home from erie today 1.5 inches near boat launch

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 15, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Anyone know how thick Lake Arthur is up muddy Creek area and 528?
: )

Offline Tom7541

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 15, 2019, 02:52 PM »
Read another post that said 2.5 10 feet off shore hopin to be on it sunday. If not eaton has plenty of ice 5 plus inches. Good luck be safe.

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2019, 03:34 PM »
Eaton? where's that?
: )

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2019, 04:56 PM »
Erie

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 16, 2019, 06:43 AM »
We prayed for ice and . . . . Kids are on a 2 hour delay for icey roads . Not exactly what we had in mind .

Offline Tom7541

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 16, 2019, 07:11 AM »
Chataqua also looking good 3.5 too 5 inches in most areas solid black ice no snow on ice.  :tipup:

Offline cajuntony

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 16, 2019, 07:14 AM »
hey 4x4 let me know what yer doin on sunday fishin?

Offline copendirt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 16, 2019, 08:45 PM »
Was at upper 528 launch on Sunday drilled in off the cement dock only had  1 1\2 inch also drilled in at McDaniels not quite an inch at the docks !  11 inches of snow on Saturday will crush it

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 16, 2019, 10:11 PM »
Sorry Tony , I'll be working till next Wednesday . Shift work kills normal social lives . I'll be shooting for next Wednesday at the earliest . Until then , I get to hear how good everyone else is doing .on the ice .

Offline cajuntony

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 17, 2019, 03:09 AM »
Ok 4x4 i know shift work does get in da way at times but a necesary evil...da snow comin may be a challenge also fer travel

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 17, 2019, 08:26 AM »
Yeah , I just looked at the radar and forecast . Says Butler is to get 8-10 inches Saturday . My money says we get 3-4 .

Offline treblesandshiners

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 17, 2019, 06:44 PM »
live 3 mls from lake bet we get 12.

Offline flyfisher2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 18, 2019, 03:13 PM »
Just checked the 528 area , couldn’t believe that there is still open water between the528 ramp and the maples. Lake had a lot of wet spots . After this snow tomorrow the ice will be shot

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 18, 2019, 11:24 PM »
I just hope all the daredevils out there understand that .

Offline treblesandshiners

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 19, 2019, 11:59 AM »
hey 2 beer kru seeing if you joined call me stu hahaha

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 19, 2019, 01:39 PM »
Drive by on the way over to Sarnese Taxidermy.  The snow was coming down on the way there.  There was still open water between the 528 launch and the Maples which is kind of weird.  Tons of spots that looked wet on the ice   And there was 3 people probably 20 - 30 yards off the bank at church didn’t drive down to see how thick and didn’t have any desire too until after these super cold next two days roll through.  I just hope people use their head and don’t get too antsy. LA doesn’t need to claim another life over a fish. 

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #47 on: Jan 19, 2019, 02:04 PM »
Drive by on the way over to Sarnese Taxidermy.  The snow was coming down on the way there.  There was still open water between the 528 launch and the Maples which is kind of weird.  Tons of spots that looked wet on the ice   And there was 3 people probably 20 - 30 yards off the bank at church didn’t drive down to see how thick and didn’t have any desire too until after these super cold next two days roll through.  I just hope people use their head and don’t get too antsy. LA doesn’t need to claim another life over a fish.
thanks for the update D&B no snow down this way yet still above freezin rain on the way see ya out there soon
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Chute82

« Reply #48 on: Jan 19, 2019, 04:06 PM »
Off the zion church 2 1/2” at best about 15’ out  .. couple guys walking on that ice like it was 2 ft of ice.  If you went past 30 ft out you were really taking a big risk.  Was raining most of the day and about 4 started to snow pretty heavy.  Lots of ducks and geese could be seen swimming around the maples so watch that area after the snow fall

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 19, 2019, 04:14 PM »
Fished with chute and couple others. Ice very sketchy. Bouncy around a hole too risky for this fat guy. Give it two days then you might be able to get to some fish without swimming. Be smart

Offline BostonWhaler21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 20, 2019, 06:43 PM »
(new to the forum)
I was coming home Friday the 18th from Cranberry and stopped at the launch off of 528. Saw foot prints out about half way. Ice was about 2 inch thick, and that's being generous. Hoping to go out for my first time with a buddy or 2 a week or two from now; waiting for 4-5 inches. 

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #51 on: Jan 20, 2019, 07:27 PM »
Welcome aboard Boston,
Ice should be good to go in another week or so. Lots of information on here to get you started.

Offline BostonWhaler21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Jan 20, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Welcome aboard Boston,
Ice should be good to go in another week or so. Lots of information on here to get you started.

Thank you Jay!
I'll probably take a look-see Friday when I get off of work to see how it is. Hoping to find someone there that'll give me a report of ice thickness. Until then, I'll keep look to the forum for. conditions and how well people are doing.

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 20, 2019, 08:19 PM »
Welcome to Iceshanty BostonWhaler  :icefish:

There should be lots of ice condition reports by Friday . Guys are extremely excited to get out .

Offline BostonWhaler21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Jan 20, 2019, 08:40 PM »
Welcome to Iceshanty BostonWhaler  :icefish:

There should be lots of ice condition reports by Friday . Guys are extremely excited to get out .
Thank you 4X4! 

Offline likesru25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Jan 21, 2019, 08:18 AM »
What finger is usually the first to lock up. Newer to fishing lake Arthur and have only Fished muddy creek

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 21, 2019, 10:39 AM »
Usually the middle one because I use it the most.   

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #57 on: Jan 21, 2019, 10:41 AM »
muddy creek has the best chance of early ice due to the influx of cold water from MC. ive been way in the back on 5 inches of ice when it was open every where else, i can only guess but id say you could get on back there and work your way out today.you need to start shallow and work towards the deep where ever you go ??? ??? caveaut :nono: too many variables to say fosure thats what its all about get out there and see
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline BostonWhaler21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 21, 2019, 01:08 PM »
A couple guys from work invited me to go Friday or Saturday to Moraine for a few hours (something about a tournament???) Sunday they talked about going out to yellow creek since its suppose to have 4 inches now, building to more.

Ordered an auger and some extra items last night to get me started. Ice picks were a must!

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Jan 21, 2019, 01:33 PM »
A couple guys from work invited me to go Friday or Saturday to Moraine for a few hours (something about a tournament???) Sunday they talked about going out to yellow creek since its suppose to have 4 inches now, building to more.

Ordered an auger and some extra items last night to get me started. Ice picks were a must!

The tournament at LA is the 27th I believe.  Anyone have any word or seen that open spot that was out to the right of the Maples since the snow and weather? Thinking that may be a dicey area if it got skimmed then the snow stayed on top and it doesn’t build much especially for the tourney coming up and them going out from under the bridge.  Just hate to see someone walk on that spot and go in the drink even though with this weather I’m sure itll be at least 3 by Saturday

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.