The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Should we start Countin Em Down to the 2016/17 Season?  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Nate9292

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Should we start Countin Em Down to the 2016/17 Season?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2016, 11:01 AM »
I'm thinking Dec 18th could be very possible. If we can get out there before Christmas I'd be pretty happy.

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2016, 11:23 AM »
It won't be long now, patience everyone, willing to bet there will be safe ice somewhere in the next couple of weeks. A good time to get your stuff out, check it, make sure everything is in working order, and maybe find some early season sales.

Went through completely last year for the first time, and while that experience definitely won't keep me off the ice, it certainly gave me a new appreciation for safety and being careful.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2016, 11:57 AM »
Looking at this: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/shohola-township-pa/18458/daily-weather-forecast/2156179?day=6 I think Chez is right on with his prediction!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Dec 06, 2016, 08:08 PM »
Welcome back Ruttnutt and that's a good lookin forecast. 

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 06, 2016, 08:52 PM »
I don't think we will have anything in the next few weeks in central pa,  but what's it like in the Poconos  ?

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 07, 2016, 05:58 AM »
well, we got a few inches of the white stuff last night so it gives it a bit os a winter is here kinda feel. Gonna cool off for the weekend and be plenty cold to make ice but it's gonna be windy so only protetcted areas will get any ice but it's gonna cool off the water a lot. The following week, if the temps stay low enough at night, will see some ice building. It ain't gonna happen for this weekend, but we might have some walkable ice before Christmas.

Just keep thinkin cold thoughts!  :icefish:

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 07, 2016, 06:43 AM »
I think Chez is going to have the winning guess.

YOU AND I WILL WET OUR LINES BROTHER,,,.... :)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 07, 2016, 07:07 AM »
Welcome back Ruttnutt and that's a good lookin forecast.

Thanks Chris! Can't wait to get back on the ice!  @)

Where's the FISH?!

Offline Rtrucking40

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 07, 2016, 09:17 AM »
Hate to break it to ya rut chez spider no ice anywhere this year. You no its my job to keep everyone off the ice so i can horde all the fish so ya dont get your hopes up they say even 12+ inches is no good for ice fishing... ;)

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 07, 2016, 09:45 AM »
oh darn, LOL!

I ain't buyin it!  :icefish:

Offline Rtrucking40

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Dec 07, 2016, 11:11 AM »
Ohh rutnut i might have a few leads on these from that big lake i got on them right after ice out last year and might have some good leads if we can get out there this year!!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 07, 2016, 11:19 AM »
Oh Geez! I can't see pics at work.................. ............gotta wait til I get home to see them!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 07, 2016, 12:47 PM »
Pessimists, sheit, you all must live right next too some ACOE lake and use that for your frame of reference. You have my pity.

I was at Tobyharlem yesterday at 3 pm.

Every Lake visible from the road from my place half way up the hill to Tobyharlem was capped solid.

TOBYHARLEM WAS CAPPED SOLID FROM SHORE TO SHORE AT 3PM.  Fish commission had to make a hole in the ice in order to stock fish.  The four of us that bothered to fish had to use the rescue pole on the dock to make holes in the ice and fish.  1/4-1/2 inch of ice.

Now Tobyharlem isn't a farm pond. 

It was snowing and iceing and the holes we made were fressing over when I left at 4.  Its in the thirties right now up there.

You all were right.  A prediction for Monday was wrong, terribly wrong.  I'm gonna try for Saturday, have the DCNR cops kick me off the ice.  Sunday for Sure.

Anyone else?

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Dec 07, 2016, 01:36 PM »
Most years I'm right with you dr jm and ski hunter but my early ice spot won't be ready this weekend, won't be long tho looking at the forecasts

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Dec 07, 2016, 02:56 PM »
Pessimists, sheit, you all must live right next too some ACOE lake and use that for your frame of reference. You have my pity.

I was at Tobyharlem yesterday at 3 pm.

Every Lake visible from the road from my place half way up the hill to Tobyharlem was capped solid.

TOBYHARLEM WAS CAPPED SOLID FROM SHORE TO SHORE AT 3PM.  Fish commission had to make a hole in the ice in order to stock fish.  The four of us that bothered to fish had to use the rescue pole on the dock to make holes in the ice and fish.  1/4-1/2 inch of ice.

Now Tobyharlem isn't a farm pond. 

It was snowing and iceing and the holes we made were fressing over when I left at 4.  Its in the thirties right now up there.

You all were right.  A prediction for Monday was wrong, terribly wrong.  I'm gonna try for Saturday, have the DCNR cops kick me off the ice.  Sunday for Sure.

Anyone else?

Dr. JM

"TobyHARLEM"! Boy, you nailed THAT one, Dr. JM! LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

And you just may be right about this weekend! You may even see me over on TobyHARLEM on Sunday!  ;)

The forecast keeps getting better and better every time I look lately! http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/shohola-township-pa/18458/daily-weather-forecast/2156179  Looks like starting tomorrow nite, we're in for 80+ (straight) hours of ice making! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!  @)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Dec 07, 2016, 06:21 PM »
I guess I better start checking out my gear. Anybody order bait yet ?

Offline deer george

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 07, 2016, 07:10 PM »
Roy, I think I may do just that tomorrow and by the way contact your guys we are on for our annual meet Friday eve the 16th.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Dec 07, 2016, 07:10 PM »
YOU AND I WILL WET OUR LINES BROTHER,,,.... :)

We sure will, I can't wait.  Just don't wear that wacky hat, if you do the fish will laugh at you.   ;D

Offline DUGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 07, 2016, 07:20 PM »

I was driving today and actually found a small lake/pond that was capped. Was working so didn't walk down to it but I was pleasantly surprised. Never fished the lake but good news for sure. This was at noon.
mike

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #49 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:41 PM »
Yeah Rutt, after all, Tobyharlem State Park is a Suburb of PCP, just like Central Park in Manahttan (though the fishing there is better due to enforced C&R regs).

I'll see you out there Rutt, probably gonna be Sunday since I work a 24 hour shift thru Saturday Morning and will have to sleep.  If I get up before dark and can get there by 4, I'll be out there Saturday afternoon. And that's assuming my lakes aren't safe.

Just a few pics for the pessimists.  What they stocked is pathetic  >:(.  Kept two that were legal (and yes, they stocked sub-legal ones)  ::).

Now to fit 100 pounds of prepped, greased, changed, and straightened sh!t in a 10 pound bag

Thinking of hanging these on the Christmas tree
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 07, 2016, 10:37 PM »
WOW! Those are nice RTrucking!  @) @)

JMiser- LOL! My father-in-law had a cabin and property just up the road from PCP, so I know what you're talking about!  ;)  Maybe I'll see ya over there on Sunday.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Dec 08, 2016, 05:01 AM »
I guess I better start checking out my gear. Anybody order bait yet ?

Awesome !!
I will get the word out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.