The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Done  (Read 4749 times)

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Done
« Reply #60 on: Mar 02, 2012, 07:52 PM »
Time to get out my fly rod, or maybe hit up my favorite local spot for gills and perch with the spinning gear. Thanks to Jm for hooking me up; maybe Joe and I can bring his boat up and terrorize those pesky crappie. ;)

Offline THE Spud

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Done
« Reply #61 on: Mar 07, 2012, 11:01 AM »
Just got back from 8 days in VT finished up with a 3rd place finish in the NEIT event on Lake Bomoseen where there was still 7 to 8" of ice on 3/5 and plenty on 1 lb perch being caught by all. I also had the chance to fish the VT sportsmans event on North Hero Island on Champlain with some other IS members from PA where we were driving our trucks on 14" of ice last weekend ! We did not do too well but John from PA got a .85 lb Pumkinseed that was the bigest I ever saw and was the biggest of the Seris and they are mounting it free for him. Even had the chance to fish some "Jacks " with some locals on N. Hero Island VT which is a type of tipup used in New England and landed a 8.5 lb Northern Pike. They will still have at least 2 more weekend of good ice up there however unfortunitaly I am done, I did make over 40 trips out this year but had to drive about 180mi each way from my home to find good ice  ;D
Join us on the 2013 Vermont Sportsmen's Tournament Series and The Northeast Icefishing Circuit .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.