The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Done  (Read 4750 times)

Offline saphireblue99

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Done
« Reply #30 on: Feb 19, 2012, 05:13 PM »
YOU KNOW YOU ARE DEFINITELY DONE OR CLOSE TO BEING DONE WHEN IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY IN MID FEBRUARY AND THERE ARE LESS THAN 6 POSTS ON EITHER BOARD !!!!!

Offline BrewCrew27

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 19, 2012, 11:39 PM »
YOU KNOW YOU ARE DEFINITELY DONE OR CLOSE TO BEING DONE WHEN IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY IN MID FEBRUARY AND THERE ARE LESS THAN 6 POSTS ON EITHER BOARD !!!!!

Or your at the range trying to shoot, with little black stone flys crawling all over you !!!

Offline Seacat145

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NRA Life Mem- It's only cold if you peak outside!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2012, 05:57 AM »
The short rods are put away and the long ones are coming out. It was one of my shortest seasons. Good luck to all this Spring.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 20, 2012, 08:40 AM »
Short rods still out. Planning another trip up to wayne county if the ice holds up. Long rods never get put away.

Offline bjkaledas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 20, 2012, 11:40 AM »
Didn't get out even 1 time this year and I am going to pack away my gear for next year.  I wish I never even got it out!  lol

Very disappointing.  Last year though was great.  If I remember correctly there was safe ice already around Thanksgiving and it lasted well into March.  Oh well, I guess we got spoiled that year. 

I must have been out about 10 times last year.
I pull the weenie sled ...

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
« Reply #35 on: Feb 20, 2012, 12:05 PM »
We went up to Hunters this morning, and there were holes and some open cracks in the ice.  It looked way to sketchy for my liking so we just came home and packed away the gear for the season.  Hopefully next season will be better.
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #36 on: Feb 20, 2012, 04:00 PM »
I'm gonna try to go to MFF more this open water season, always too busy in the summer, on the boat half the time and pool side with some frostie ones the other half.......  :-)
Yea, I know. That's pretty much the same for all of us during the summer. As we're usually busier with other things. But, I do try to go on MFF when I get the chance.
Gonna definitely try to get out for some early spring panfish. Seein that the ice didn't cooperate very well with us this season. Gotta get some pans in the freezer. As it is empty right now. :(

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #37 on: Feb 20, 2012, 04:12 PM »
We went up to Hunters this morning, and there were holes and some open cracks in the ice.  It looked way to sketchy for my liking so we just came home and packed away the gear for the season.  Hopefully next season will be better.
Just wanta give ya a shout out to you and your son, George!
Hope y'all have a good spring/summer. Maybe I'll see ya over on MFF.
If ya still talk to JohnT., tell 'em I send him a shout out too, plus a good spring/summer. And yea,...hopefully we'll have better ice next year. @)

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #38 on: Feb 20, 2012, 05:42 PM »
the summers are really busy for all of us.  I might get to get out after work but other then that its 6 days a week working and the 7th is family day and errand running day. 

At least i get to work with fish though..... 

Luckily i got a few fish in the freezer from the times i did get out this winter, Because during the spring its busy then the summer with trout season. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 20, 2012, 05:43 PM »
forgot to mention that i am gonna get out tomorrow probably for the last time barring a miracle cold front.     ;D

Offline THE Spud

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 20, 2012, 06:51 PM »
Not even close to done ! Plan on fishing Jean this Sat and Sun  7" there last sat and some big perch . Then on to Southern  VT to fish Bomoseen till the 3/2 then up to Northern VT 18 to 20' on the bays of Champlain in that area. Then on to Lake Carmi on the canidian border trucks driving on 20+ inches as I type . Then some small pond near Rutland befor I head back to PA on 3/7 .
Join us on the 2013 Vermont Sportsmen's Tournament Series and The Northeast Icefishing Circuit .

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #41 on: Feb 21, 2012, 07:22 AM »
dont be so sure not good thear either
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Offline Jiffyjerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 21, 2012, 07:30 PM »
Lucky you Spud, wish i was heading to Vermont as well. It is beautiful up there, hope your flags fly high.
Got Bugs?

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #43 on: Feb 21, 2012, 08:31 PM »
my prediction is I'll be one of the last Pennsyltuckians on the ice as is the case every year  ;) ;D   this weekend I'm busy but driving past 1 of my 1st/ last ice lakes on my way back into town  :whistle:

the only thing keeping me off the ice the past week was lack of motivation...the river was dropping and the fishing just got better every day  ;)
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #44 on: Feb 22, 2012, 02:13 PM »
my prediction is I'll be one of the last Pennsyltuckians on the ice as is the case every year  ;) ;D   this weekend I'm busy but driving past 1 of my 1st/ last ice lakes on my way back into town  :whistle:

the only thing keeping me off the ice the past week was lack of motivation...the river was dropping and the fishing just got better every day  ;)
are we ever done? or are we in a constant waiting pattern to get on the ice? sometimes longer sometimes shorter hope its still in the short time mode just prayin'
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Feb 22, 2012, 06:07 PM »

Tread softly....... and good luck, the best fishing is yet to come....... but I don't have to tell you that :-)

Offline iceman clem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • catch all kind of fish big and small
« Reply #46 on: Feb 22, 2012, 09:05 PM »
i am flipping the coin on sat either it stays out or gets the trip to the shed  ??? ??? ;D

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #47 on: Feb 23, 2012, 03:37 AM »
im bettin on the shed pourin down rain here this morning
took mine out of the truck last night going to clean it up and put it away
stick a fork in me  im done for this yr time to hit the river with the boat ;D

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #48 on: Feb 25, 2012, 10:30 AM »
Yep, I may as well start putting mine away.. Not chancing it after just reading about a man in Ridgeport drowning. So sad to hear.

Offline Perchdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 25, 2012, 11:05 AM »
I feel the same way.Cleaned up my stuff this morning.Not interested in becoming a statistic.

Offline pocono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Feb 25, 2012, 06:30 PM »
I put my gear away friday, I fished white oak in wayne county and that will not hold up long.  I hope next year turns out to be a great year to make up for this year.

Offline iceman clem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • catch all kind of fish big and small
« Reply #51 on: Feb 26, 2012, 07:55 AM »
ok guys and girls i lost the coin toss the sleds and buckets of hard water gear r going into heibernation till the hardwater and safe ice comes back time to get the camper around so iceman clem will be back on here around november or december  lots of luck to all and happy fishing and be safe and god bless

Offline iceintioga

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 26, 2012, 03:30 PM »
Done? Done for now.
I didn't want to see it go, but when I went
I did not go with the drift of things, I fished in a frenzy..
days and days in a row...now I must accept the end..

"Ah, when to the heart of man
Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?"

Robert Frost

Peace to all- see you here next season.

iceintioga aka ford

Offline pondhopper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Feb 27, 2012, 09:18 AM »
I'm Done, I only got out four times this year . Put the stuff away yesterday, Time to get the boat ready! Anyone still on the ice good luck and stay safe, see you next year!

Offline nw/jigmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Feb 29, 2012, 06:10 AM »
Sure Didn't seem like much of a season... seemed more like a spurt.. Oh well Till next Ice-On.. Good luck to-all..         NW/
shut up , bait up , or whind  up

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 29, 2012, 05:21 PM »
good thing I got out last week  on the lake i went to check out today....  5 inches last week 2/3 open water today.  atleast i had a good day for the last time of the winter on that lake. 

I AM DONE for the year.  time to get the shad darts and the boat ready. 

Offline fishinpreacher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Mar 01, 2012, 10:21 AM »
Finally accepted the inevitable and put my gear away Monday night. But I'm keeping my Marcum out to use while in my 12 aluminum boat during open water.

For my first year really getting into ice fishing it was both great and  disappointing (only 4 trips out none of which did I really bang 'em). However I did get to use all my new gear at least once,I got to catch my first fish on a tip-up (26" Northern)  I learned alot both through this site, through the guys I got to fish with, and through just getting out and doing it.  I have had a blast with this new addiction, it is quickly beginning to rival fly-fishing for my fist love persuing fish :).

Hopfully next year we have much better ice and I can finally keep my promise to my sons to take them ice fishing. (I just never felt safe taking them out this year.)

Well tight lines & God bless. 

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Mar 01, 2012, 02:41 PM »
Finally accepted the inevitable and put my gear away Monday night. But I'm keeping my Marcum out to use while in my 12 aluminum boat during open water.

For my first year really getting into ice fishing it was both great and  disappointing (only 4 trips out none of which did I really bang 'em). However I did get to use all my new gear at least once,I got to catch my first fish on a tip-up (26" Northern)  I learned alot both through this site, through the guys I got to fish with, and through just getting out and doing it.  I have had a blast with this new addiction, it is quickly beginning to rival fly-fishing for my fist love persuing fish :).

Hopfully next year we have much better ice and I can finally keep my promise to my sons to take them ice fishing. (I just never felt safe taking them out this year.)

Well tight lines & God bless.

just wait until we have a real icefishing season.  it really cant get much worse then this year. 

Offline fishinpreacher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Mar 01, 2012, 03:20 PM »
just wait until we have a real icefishing season.  it really cant get much worse then this year.
Yeah that is what I'm hoping. I know last year was an awesome year for ice so go figure that the year I buy a bunch of stuff to get equipped for hard water fishing we have the worst conditions in lots of guys memories ::)
Oh well, at least I'm fairly well armed for next year & when the ice comes those fish better watch out!!! ::) ;D ;D

Offline Ole Sam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Mar 01, 2012, 07:41 PM »
Alright I give up too :P   Thought I'd maybe get one more day on the ice but all the rain today makes me too nervous to be on the ice.  Tomorrow I'll take the canoe out on open water and pretend I'm ice fishing!  Can have 3 poles out now, almost as good as 4 tip ups and a jig rod ;D
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.