The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: few from today  (Read 6366 times)

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
few from today
« on: Jan 09, 2012, 03:35 PM »
I know I wasn't the only 1 out today...even though I fished by myself on public water  ;)

Kept 7 for dinner and released a bunch more....everything on the jig rods as I didn't feel like picking up shiners/ fatheads
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline charlijones

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: few from today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2012, 04:50 PM »
Nice perch, I was tempted to check things out today but got caught up with work, tomorrow hopefully, good to see there's still fishable ice around.

Offline Loggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2012, 05:20 PM »
Nice! :tipup:  where ya fishin?

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2012, 05:32 PM »
where ya fishin?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: That's funny :clap: :clap:

Nice job................... ..................
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline Loggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2012, 05:58 PM »
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: That's funny :clap: :clap:

Nice job................... ..................

Glad my post humored ya.  Yupp...guess a code of  secrecy  not worth disclosing/sharing on dem 10" perch's public water locale fer sure!!  lol

sorry i asked...

Offline FishinHardWater

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keepin it on the dry side since 2000
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2012, 06:27 PM »
on the dry side of the ice!

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2012, 06:35 PM »
on the dry side of the ice!

I am long overdue for a swim...maybe tomorrow when its in the 40s and I'm out in a t-shirt  ;D

Glad my post humored ya.  Yep...guess a code of  secrecy  not worth disclosing/sharing on dem 10" perch's public water locale fer sure!!  lol

sorry i asked...

probably cuz Byron has read my posts for several years now and knows I usually don't post where I'm fishing....this year especially with the lack of ice I'm not giving out a ton of info because if I do everyone and there mother will be there the next day  ;)  add on mid 40s and 10-20mph winds tomm and who knows if I'll end up swimming off since the ice wasn't even 4" and was already starting to get lots of bubbles in it  :-\

Offline Loggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2012, 06:41 PM »
I am long overdue for a swim...maybe tomorrow when its in the 40s and I'm out in a t-shirt  ;D

probably cuz Byron has read my posts for several years now and knows I usually don't post where I'm fishing....this year especially with the lack of ice I'm not giving out a ton of info because if I do everyone and there mother will be there the next day  ;)  add on mid 40s and 10-20mph winds tomm and who knows if I'll end up swimming off since the ice wasn't even 4" and was already starting to get lots of bubbles in it  :-\

OK understud...im a newbie here & don't know the code amongst us sportsmen here regarding sharing fishng reports etc..  Will certainly return the same  courtesy re my fishing reports!! ;)

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2012, 06:48 PM »
I added a pic of the ice with a ruler against it since I got a pm from someone saying they didn't believe I was on borderline good ice and I just don't want other guys on my "honey hole"  ::)

funny thing is I haven't even fished this place in years but its my honey hole  ::)

Offline charlijones

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2012, 02:25 AM »
ski hunter, if you don't mind, please allow me to respond to those that ask "WHERE" and HOW MUCH ICE

You need to drive to a lake, check the ice, and then find out if you can fish it, there are no instant answers.
Those of us that make the effort do not care to tell jack and jill where the golden pile of gold is, figure it out and stop asking such stupid questions.

If I sound rude, it's because I am, I spend my time, gas money and effort to check for MY OWN ICE there is no instant answer, especially this year, it is here today and "maybe" tomorrow.  This site is so full of these lurkers it is ridiculous.

Grow up and get a life, get a car, get a ride, go check for yourself, drill a hole, then answer your own questions.

And those that are gonna question me, lol, ha ha, you've already quoted me on Lake Jean ice, and seen my photos so **censored**??

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2012, 07:02 AM »
thats the type of response from a pa outdoors person not sportsman/

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2012, 09:41 AM »
300+ views already...how many do you guys think were from guys who never even bothered to sign up for an account? or did yet have never posted any info? Everyone seems to forget for every 10 people on this forum theres maybe 1 or 2 who contribute and the rest just lurk looking for info but its ok because i guess my gas is so much cheaper than theres and my time so much less valuable that I was able to leave the couch to go and find ice when everyone is screaming there isn't any.

That right there is my reason for starting this thread in the first place, to show there IS ice out there and there IS fish being caught through it by guys who take the time to go out and find it rather than expecting the internet to tell them where it is  ;)

Guess since everyone would rather believe there is no ice I'll stop posting from now on since thats what everyone here seems to want  ::)

Offline Clam Sr.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2012, 10:07 AM »
300+ views already...how many do you guys think were from guys who never even bothered to sign up for an account? or did yet have never posted any info? Everyone seems to forget for every 10 people on this forum theres maybe 1 or 2 who contribute and the rest just lurk looking for info but its OK because i guess my gas is so much cheaper than theres and my time so much less valuable that I was able to leave the couch to go and find ice when everyone is screaming there isn't any.

That right there is my reason for starting this thread in the first place, to show there IS ice out there and there IS fish being caught through it by guys who take the time to go out and find it rather than expecting the internet to tell them where it is  ;)

Guess since everyone would rather believe there is no ice I'll stop posting from now on since that's what everyone here seems to want  ::)

I post here and there on here, but I'm by no reason an expert on Ice fishing. I heard rumors of fishable ice, so my buddies and I did what you did Ski hunter. WE WENT OUT AND FISHED. We checked the ice, found out we were safe and good to go, and we had a ball last weekend on PUBLIC WATER! I laugh all the time when I get on here at all the people looking for a handout. I'm on a few other hunting and fishing forums, and the guys looking for a handout all get treated the same. Go out and find the information for yourself! The guys that take the time to find out for themselves will keep reaping all the benefits, so turn the TV off, get off the couch, and go fishing.

Offline Loggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2012, 10:53 AM »
I post here and there on here, but I'm by no reason an expert on Ice fishing. I heard rumors of fishable ice, so my buddies and I did what you did Ski hunter. WE WENT OUT AND FISHED. We checked the ice, found out we were safe and good to go, and we had a ball last weekend on PUBLIC WATER! I laugh all the time when I get on here at all the people looking for a handout. I'm on a few other hunting and fishing forums, and the guys looking for a handout all get treated the same. Go out and find the information for yourself! The guys that take the time to find out for themselves will keep reaping all the benefits, so turn the TV off, get off the couch, and go fishing.

Well.. now thats 3 on my ignor list.  Looking for a handout, being lazy, lurking etc.  Give me a break. My nearest likely fishable ice is approx 150 miles from my home so i rely on fellow sportsmen sharing conditions out there. Not looking to hog in on your little "honey holes" as you so eluded & are so afraid of. ::) You guys are definitly little league at best & a disgrace to us sportsmen. Sorta like grade school "show & tell" except your afraid to tell!!  Bout time some grow-up and get a life...the Big Bad Boggie Man ain't gonna getsha lol

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2012, 11:15 AM »
ski hunter, if you don't mind, please allow me to respond to those that ask "WHERE" and HOW MUCH ICE

You need to drive to a lake, check the ice, and then find out if you can fish it, there are no instant answers.
Those of us that make the effort do not care to tell jack and jill where the golden pile of gold is, figure it out and stop asking such stupid questions.

If I sound rude, it's because I am, I spend my time, gas money and effort to check for MY OWN ICE there is no instant answer, especially this year, it is here today and "maybe" tomorrow.  This site is so full of these lurkers it is ridiculous.

Grow up and get a life, get a car, get a ride, go check for yourself, drill a hole, then answer your own questions.

And those that are gonna question me, lol, ha ha, you've already quoted me on Lake Jean ice, and seen my photos so **censored**??

If I ask conditions, it's because I post conditions when fishing on public waters. Over the last 8 years of being a member on here " not a lurker" I have done my fair share of giving reports and ice conditions for public bodies of water that I have fished. I ask you what is so wrong in posting a report or ice conditions for a certain lake to try to save someone a wasted trip, or some gas money? What you choose to post on here is your personal choice, but putting a post like yours, with the " get a life " comment it's not just rude,it also tells me a little bit about what type of a person you must be. Maybe someone should take a long look in the mirror... And remember my friend you only get out, what you put in.........

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2012, 11:34 AM »
agreed/ if you want to post a report do it if you go and dont want to report then keep it all to yourself. I enjoy the chats of how it is going for everybody. If you think the guy reading it is in your back pocket you are the one who needs a life. I'll fish with you anyday CADDY

Offline junebug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A jerk on one end, waiting for a jerk on the other
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2012, 11:41 AM »
If you're not here to give information, or recieve information, why are you here?  Seems kind of pointless to me.  Maybe you should waste your own gas, answer your own questions, and share your infromation with yourself.
If our father had had his way, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.”
― Norman Maclean

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2012, 11:41 AM »
Well.. now thats 3 on my ignor list.  Looking for a handout, being lazy, lurking etc.  Give me a break. My nearest likely fishable ice is approx 150 miles from my home so i rely on fellow sportsmen sharing conditions out there. Not looking to hog in on your little "honey holes" as you so eluded & are so afraid of. ::) You guys are definitly little league at best & a disgrace to us sportsmen. Sorta like grade school "show & tell" except your afraid to tell!!  Bout time some grow-up and get a life...the Big Bad Boggie Man ain't gonna getsha lol

Don't sweat it Loggy, you committed  the cardinal sin on this forum and asked    "where ya fishin"  They are words never to be murmured again :-)

Some guys are wound just way to tight.........

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2012, 12:22 PM »

You said you were going hunting this weekend. I guess if you found a true trophy buck you'd run online to tell everyone exactly where it is, right? You put YOUR time into finding him but in the spirit of being a true sportsman you should let everyone else know exactly where that deer is  ::)

The funny thing is a hand full of guys on here pm'ed me and a few I've fished with called/ texted me asking where I was and I answered every one of them. Most would rather just bash me for not telling every single person with an internet connection than taking a few seconds to contact me and find out exactly where I was.

Take a look through my posts. See how many times I've posted conditions as compared to how many I've asked for them. The ratio will probably surprise most  ::)

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2012, 12:37 PM »
I give  reports  on the lakes that are close to me  so  y'all  can sae your gas and time.   I read  reports   on the lakes that are far away so I can save my gas and time.

I dont know who this Charli  dude is, but  he needs  a time out -- geesh !

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 10, 2012, 01:14 PM »
I’m not sure how I feel about how this threat has turned out. I hook a pile of quality crappies every year, I share specific locations with very few people.  Does this make me a slob?  I work hard for those locations.  I’m not interested in having a location I worked hard for blown out. I can post picture of 12 to 16 inch crappies all day long.  No I would not give a specific location but I would have no problem on telling you what body of water I’m fishing.  And no if I had a trophy buck I would not let you know where it is at.  But I think there is a difference between that and sharing general information.  Like posting a body of water, especially when it is a public body of water, there no hidden secret there.

The vast majority of the threads I post are to help others, to save them a trip.  As I regularly share how the bite is, on what every body of water I’m fishing.  I have zero problems telling you what I’m using or how I hook the fish I do.  For years I have regularly taken my time to drive by and post how the ice is coming along early in the season and how it is doing at the end to save guys a trip.  Again my digits from my G.P.S. not going to happen, but general information is what these sites are all about. 

The people who live in and around that area will be fishing those areas either anyway.  Those who do not more than likely will not take a 3 hour drive and if they do they more than likely will not be on you honey hole.   

Cool picks, thanks for sharing.  I agree with not giving out specific locations, but the general stuff is where you lose me at.

Take care, Be safe,

Snapper

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 10, 2012, 01:21 PM »
snapper

I totaly agree with you.

Well said :-)

Offline junebug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A jerk on one end, waiting for a jerk on the other
« Reply #22 on: Jan 10, 2012, 01:42 PM »
Skihunter,  My comments were not aimed at you.  I see no reason to give exact locations over the forum to your honeyhole.  Common etiquette in such a forum is to PM the person, and to handle it that way.  I would never give exact locations over the forum either.  My comments were aimed at that Charli person.  He seemed extremely bitter, vitriolic, and really a bit dramatic.  I mean you can't ask a person what the thickness of the ice might be on a certain lake, really?  Hell if I can save you a drive, I'm glad to be of service, and it just means that maybe next time around it might be me asking you to save me the trouble.

Tightlines....
If our father had had his way, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.”
― Norman Maclean

Offline Loggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 10, 2012, 01:49 PM »
I’m not sure how I feel about how this threat has turned out. I hook a pile of quality crappies every year, I share specific locations with very few people.  Does this make me a slob?  I work hard for those locations.  I’m not interested in having a location I worked hard for blown out. I can post picture of 12 to 16 inch crappies all day long.  No I would not give a specific location but I would have no problem on telling you what body of water I’m fishing.  And no if I had a trophy buck I would not let you know where it is at.  But I think there is a difference between that and sharing general information.  Like posting a body of water, especially when it is a public body of water, there no hidden secret there.

The vast majority of the threads I post are to help others, to save them a trip.  As I regularly share how the bite is, on what every body of water I’m fishing.  I have zero problems telling you what I’m using or how I hook the fish I do.  For years I have regularly taken my time to drive by and post how the ice is coming along early in the season and how it is doing at the end to save guys a trip.  Again my digits from my G.P.S. not going to happen, but general information is what these sites are all about. 

The people who live in and around that area will be fishing those areas either anyway.  Those who do not more than likely will not take a 3 hour drive and if they do they more than likely will not be on you honey hole.   

Cool picks, thanks for sharing.  I agree with not giving out specific locations, but the general stuff is where you lose me at.

Take care, Be safe,

Snapper

Very well said Snapper!! :tipup: :tipup:

Ski Hunter ...as far as me disclosing my hunting location. No biggie...I will be hunting on State Game Land Number 134 just outside of Hillsgrove, PA hunting from large parking lot access on top of Camp Mountaian(Procter Road Access) where i park my truck. If you or anyone here are still  chasing that elusive buck...hope to see ya  somewhere in dem mountains. Plus if i ain't draggin a deer out & you need a hand to get yours out...will gladly help if we happen to cross paths!!! :tipup:

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2012, 12:26 AM »

Don't worry Loggy... what Ski Hunter didn't factor in, is that anything that is "swirled" in Photoshop to protect a location, can just as easily be UN-swirled to reveal the original photo.

I haven't quite nailed it down... but it might be Minsi Lake judging by that tree line.   ???

Hope this helps.  ;D

Offline draketrutta

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2012, 04:19 AM »
300+ views already...how many do you guys think were from guys who never even bothered to sign up for an account? or did yet have never posted any info? Everyone seems to forget for every 10 people on this forum theres maybe 1 or 2 who contribute and the rest just lurk looking for info

x2

The internet turned the Salmon River into a year-round Walmart parking lot.

Ruined my former passion of winter steelhead fishing.

p.s. however, posting a pic with an LSD-trip background is tarded. ;D

Offline draketrutta

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2012, 04:23 AM »
Don't worry Loggy... what Ski Hunter didn't factor in, is that anything that is "swirled" in Photoshop to protect a location, can just as easily be UN-swirled to reveal the original photo.

I haven't quite nailed it down... but it might be Minsi Lake judging by that tree line.   ???
(Image removed from quote.)

Hope this helps.  ;D

LMFAO - I made my post about the LSD background b4 I saw yours..

hahahahahaha !!!

U the High-Tech Forensic Man !!!

Offline charlijones

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2012, 05:58 AM »
Sorry if I ruffled anyones feathers, my post was somewhat over the top.  I'd had so many people ask me about ice conditions the past few days I got peed off and extended it to here.  My point was to get some of you to take the initiative to get out and check your local ponds and lakes yourselves. 

The whole reasoning behind not giving specifics is exactly as skihunter mentioned, there are tons of non-registered lurkers who don't ever post and just want instant information.   Taking the "inside track"
by PM'ing is the best way to go, "spot trading" as opposed to "spot burning".

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:45 AM »
Quote from: Ski Hunter on Jan 10, 2012, 08:41 AM
300+ views already...how many do you guys think were from guys who never even bothered to sign up for an account? or did yet have never posted any info? Everyone seems to forget for every 10 people on this forum theres maybe 1 or 2 who contribute and the rest just lurk looking for info

x2

The internet turned the Salmon River into a year-round Walmart parking lot.

Ruined my former passion of winter steelhead fishing.

p.s. however, posting a pic with an LSD-trip background is tarded.

That's exactally why I struggled with my post so much because I agree and have seen areas destroyed because of on-line threads.  He's correct how many people viewed thsi thread?  There has to be a happy medium between helping out others and cutting your own throat..

Dude, removing the swirly thing that was outsting.  I need some computer lession...

Be safe

Snapper

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:49 AM »
snapper good call. I too have had my"secets revealed" now i have to take a number to a few of my hot-spots. I pal to try a new area at moraine this yr if the ice is good for it. North shore area from w. bay if you know what I mean.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.