The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: The Stockie Report  (Read 7482 times)

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
The Stockie Report
« on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:47 PM »
Here's were to report your fabulous catches of those huge ;D  'put and take stockies' (trout). :P PLEASE!!,...make sure these are caught from lakes, no deeper than 30ft. deep,...and have been pumped out of the 'stocking truck', for approximately, no more than 6 months...Nobody wins a prize :woot:, but the stories autto be.

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline beagledogxxx

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: The Stockie Report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2009, 07:56 AM »
I dun got me a 20 inch nay-tuv palermeano down at the state park pond.  I dun matched da hatch wit a chunk of perdergree dog food.  sure-nuf put up a fite.

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2009, 09:52 AM »
What, no love for a grossly overweight, finless, gray hatchery chub that the PFBC took great pains to raise in a natural concrete raceway filled with other chub fecal matter and trained to respond to the sound of dog food dimpling the surface?

Tis only the most regal of gamefish that can be tempted from the depths by the sight of a fluorescent dough ball bobbing in the water column.

I can almost smell those pale pasty white fillets roasting over an open fire as the PCB’s melt away under a rising moon.  :D

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2009, 10:55 AM »
YA'S gotta try 'em out of Lake Took-a-While. For those who don't know,...this mud pond is right accross the street from the Berwick nuke station,...these white greasy fillets also...glow-in-the-dark! :o The kiddies just love 'em! :sick: ;D

ICE REBEL

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2009, 06:30 PM »
Well lastnight Salmonrebel out on the lake we werent gettin much i got 2 bullhead on the tip up and then it was dead nothin for about an hour or so. So i desided to go by are little rule (when in doubt go for trout) lol. So with that said you'll never guess what i did with the jiggin rod. Yeah i did it i picked up the line about other foot and i got myself one of those nice stockies your talkin about. Happy Fishin... The Ice Rebel

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2009, 01:57 PM »
my biggest so far this year was 13 INCHES!!!!!!!!  Hoo-ray!!!!!!! Thank god there bigger this year again. Im gonna scratch fishin up lake Ontario this year and instead concentrate on moon lake! New Yorks' got nothin on PA!!!  :clap:

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2009, 02:42 PM »
13"....no way...got a pic to prove it? I will never understand some people's love/ fascination with fish raised in a hatchery to do nothing but eat but then again trout bums will never understand my desire to chuck them back out with a big ole hook through their backs  :whistle: :whistle:

Did they stock any bigger fish in Moon this year or was it the same 10-13" fish? Love how someone always wins the tourney there with a fish going 3-5#+ yet I never see these fish stocked and never see anything big caught other than on tourney day  :unsure: :unsure:
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2009, 03:21 PM »
Their gonna be bigger this year! That's what there sayin'! ;)2  :roflmao: Make sure you chum your hole with 2 cans of corn! That's the secret! :tipup:...Oh CRAP!!...I let the rabbit outta the hat! ;D ;D ;D

ICE REBEL

« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:14 PM »
Cant wait to go to NY tomm. to see if we could get on so good stockies in the bays

Offline PAcatchreleaseman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *happiness is 2 flags at once!*
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Cant wait to go to NY tomm. to see if we could get on so good stockies in the bays

im heading north to my camp in ny tomorrow as well.  hope to hit sandy pond next week sometime.  these stockies kept me happy til then...
"You Gotta GET-HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMM!!!!!"

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2009, 08:38 PM »
Wow!! thats freeekin HUGE!! i bet your arms were burnin after that intense battle.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:40 PM »
RebelFisher, loves makin new friends that way! :laugh:,...bustin 'bout the BIG 13" stockies in the mud-ponds of PA. ;D...By the way, Rebelfisher!, I got you, and Ice Rebel beat with mine,...that 1, I got last week was, 14" of pure wrist burning exhaustion!! :-*

Offline charlijones

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2009, 12:38 AM »

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2009, 04:30 PM »
Me and Rebelfisher went to one of the local lakes and landed a couple of these beauties yesterday. :o His 13" stockie beat my 10" monster though! I'll hope for the best, next time we go. I was so jealous of the bounty, that he let me keep his finless rainbow too!...Wouldn't you know it, when I filleted these 2 wristbreaking steallies of the stockin' truck, the smaller one actually had orange meat!...This part of this crazyness, I'm actually not making up,...REALLY!...
So needless to say, I'm sitting there afterwards just thinking? :blink:...just how ENORMOUS, that lunker was, when he found his way out of the hose from that "tanker truck of 'they're bigger this year!' stockie excitement!", into that 25ft. deep impoundment?!!!
Seeing that when they're just put in, your not going to have anything but, white pasty fillets that aren't much better than a "fillet-o-fish" electric-baked into fish jerky by the 8hr. glow of a heat lamp in that fantastic resturant! :sick:

At least they're BIGGER this year!!! ;)2 :roflmao:

ICE REBEL

« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2009, 05:07 PM »
Yeah i know its been a little bit of time since i posted anything on here. I'm glad to hear that my rebel friends are gettin into those nice stockies. I haven't been able to get out i have been down with this bad cold i got but i'm goin to the doctors tomorrow so hopefully i will be back in the game soon

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 13, 2009, 10:09 AM »
Ice Rebel, and Rebelfisher. It looks like your dreams will be coming true!, Feb. 25th., winter stocking! The "GREAT WHITE STOCKIE TRUCKS OF 10IN. EXCITEMENT!" will be making their way into some of our local waters! :-* So forget about the walleye and pans,...and go for your finless favorites, the commonwealth has to offer!...ENJOY! ;)2

Peace out brutha! :afro: :roflmao: :laugh:

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2009, 06:14 PM »
I cant wait. The best is when those TINY TREASURES swallow the hook to their gullet, then snap your line. I wish the fish commission would up the limit to 8 again. my tomatoes LOVED those things!

Offline tuff bass 2 catch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 14, 2009, 07:00 AM »
I cant wait. The best is when those TINY TREASURES swallow the hook to their gullet, then snap your line. I wish the fish commission would up the limit to 8 again. my tomatoes LOVED those things!
I agree,especially with the cost of the fishing licens going threw the roof it would make the cost a little more woth buying the stamp

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Oh! Crap! :(.....I forgot all about today, being the day that alot of our area lakes in Luzerne co. would have these beauties pumped outta the trucks today for the winter stocking!

I like to snag them, right as they're coming out of the hose! :-*  You know they're huge when they blast them out of a 6in. hole from the 'stockin' truck of glorylishous greasy fillet goodness!'...(50 trout per second!)50TPS. :o  Get out and take advantage of the massacre before it's too late! ;)2

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 25, 2009, 04:42 PM »
Since PA has TWO openning days again this year...i was thinkin of getting a trip together to hit up the southern lakes for the first openner then come back home to hit up the 2nd openner! just think of how fun that would be! we could "pump "hundreds of dollars into the local economy just like the fish comm "pumps" out the stockies! ITS A WIN WIN SITUATION!!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #20 on: Feb 25, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Ice Rebel, and Rebelfisher. It looks like your dreams will be coming true!, Feb. 25th., winter stocking! The "GREAT WHITE STOCKIE TRUCKS OF 10IN. EXCITEMENT!" will be making their way into some of our local waters! :-* So forget about the walleye and pans,...and go for your finless favorites, the commonwealth has to offer!...ENJOY! ;)2

Peace out brutha! :afro: :roflmao: :laugh:

Sweet...its now bait fishing season again  ;D ;D
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 25, 2009, 08:32 PM »
LET THE MASSACRE BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 25, 2009, 08:56 PM »
Just got a look of some of these babies on another post. And they are huge this year!!! :o :laugh:  Nice and dark colored like that one you got out at Lily Lake a couple weeks ago, Rebelfisher. ;D

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 25, 2009, 09:01 PM »
cant wait! im gonna drill 3000 holes in 3 feet of water, chum with corn and fish with powerbait dough balls!  :clap:

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 25, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Sweet...its now bait fishing season again  ;D ;D
This is Rebelfisher, and Ice Rebel's FAVORITE FISH!!!  Don't ever get in their way, when there's a freshly pumped from the truck, 10 inch black rainbow in the vicinity of these guys! they will run you over! to get these from you! :laugh:

They will be PUMPIN' AND DUMPIN' these beauties in every mud puddle, from now!, 'till June!

IT'S TIME TO GET IT ON!!!...LET THE MASSACRE BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!! :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Feb 26, 2009, 01:47 PM »
the stockies at moon lake were "MONSTERS" last year! :laugh:

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Feb 26, 2009, 06:14 PM »
tuff bass, did you get any of those black beauties weighed????!!!!   They MIGHT be an angler award from the fish com! :roflmao:

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 26, 2009, 06:48 PM »
I hit the local mud hole( Brady's Run) on Tuesday,they stocked Friday,I gave the little slime balls a few days to get there sea legs back,caught 20 plus,biggest 12 1/2 inches,released all,but one guy begged me,so I gave him three and left,why do people eat these fish? They will hit anything, small jigging rap,frosty's,gill pill,ratso's.I wish the state would stop stocking trout,and come up will something else.Why not Hybrid Blue gills,they grow big and can't reproduce to create a lot of stunted fish.Anything but trout,even cats would be better.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:16 PM »
I hit the local mud hole( Brady's Run) on Tuesday,they stocked Friday,I gave the little slime balls a few days to get there sea legs back,caught 20 plus,biggest 12 1/2 inches,released all,but one guy begged me,so I gave him three and left,why do people eat these fish? They will hit anything, small jigging rap,frosty's,gill pill,ratso's.I wish the state would stop stocking trout,and come up will something else.Why not Hybrid Blue gills,they grow big and can't reproduce to create a lot of stunted fish.Anything but trout,even cats would be better.
Captain... I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!  Trout in PA are the most worthless fish, yet some guys LOVE these things. A few weeks ago we were fishin a local lake, when a guy walked all the way across the lake to see if we were catchin anything. In our pile were a few dandy calicos and bluegills ( and of course 2 stockies, b/c the fish comm HAS to stock EVERY lake with these things) and this guy actually PUSHED thecalicos and 'gills to the side and said "WOW, you guys are catchin trout!!!" We lost it :roflmao:  It really makes me wonder  :wacko: :cookoo:

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Feb 27, 2009, 06:40 AM »
tuff bass, did you get any of those black beauties weighed????!!!!   They MIGHT be an angler award from the fish com! :roflmao:
aw man!! I was so proud of those I never even thought of it! :'( :laugh:
The only thing that makes them worth fishing for anymore are the occasional chunkers and my kids,they just love catching fish,between the small size of the trout and the decreasing creel limit its not worth the cost of the stamp anymore.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.