The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: how are the edges?  (Read 2392 times)

Offline minnowman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • waiting for the big behuba
how are the edges?
« on: Mar 22, 2005, 08:34 AM »
looking to go tomorrow--wondering how the edges are after all this sun and mild weather. Anyone who was out today could respond, thanks
when hell freezes over, I'll be icefishing there too!

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
Re: how are the edges?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2005, 12:13 PM »
looking to go tomorrow--wondering how the edges are after all this sun and mild weather. Anyone who was out today could respond, thanks

I've fished a lot in the Augusta area, most recent trip was Sunday.  No signs of trouble yet.  The nights are still getting down to 20* or lower, plus no warm rains yet.  Should see us through till 3/31.

Jim C.

Offline ladyflagchaser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2005, 12:17 PM »
I fished Damariscotta Lake on Sunday and the edges were for the most part fine.  As the day warmed up, there were some really soft spots that you could sink into 5-6 inches (on points) but you could easily see those spots.
There was still about 2 feet of ice but the ice is definately changing, kinda getting punky, but still strong enough for vehicles as there were trucks driving all over the place. 8)

Happy fishing, not much time left on the ice!  We are heading out for one last trip on Thursday to Long Pond in Belgrade to see if the pike are willing to bite. :tipup:

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2005, 12:38 PM »
After I posted, I realized I should add that the top 6" or so of the 22" ice stack was soft in the PM near the outlet from Tilton Pond in Fayette. That's all I found to note.

Offline Bassbug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2005, 01:58 PM »
Be careful around the rocks when the sun comes out.  Right JR. ;D
enough is enough

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.