Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1699708 times)

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #3180 on: Sep 04, 2018, 10:23 AM »
  I never had an issue with it, but I guess some people did. I've been very happy with mine.

We need some more deals posted!  ;D :tipup: :o
.     Would like to know the % that had problems, none with mine, I use the clam plate. Some people have no common sense, others break anything they get their hands on !!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3181 on: Sep 04, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Wasn't the handle a big issue on 2704-20?

Mine broke a little chunk off of the mounting area for the handle, but to milwaukees defense I was using a 10in converted mora. It still works ok but I dont need the handle on my 6 or 8in nils convertible and have never had any grabbing issues at the bottom of the hole. Im a bigger guy and have been turning wrenches most my life so maybe my grip is just strong enough that no handle is needed. I will not be using that 10in on that drill again though until I get either a mud mixer or the newer updated drill. I do like the redesign on the handle, just wish they would have looked at it earlier
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3182 on: Sep 04, 2018, 01:27 PM »
Boot Steal for you Sorel guys!  SOREL Men's Alpha Pac Extreme Snow Boot, Size 12 - $54.06  These fit true to size per the sizing reviews.  While I don't think these boots are in the same class as some of the Baffins I post.  These should keep you warm in all but bitterly cold conditions and the price is hard to beat.  They also have excellent reviews for the most part.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQO7X6C?psc=1

DN

Thanks, that's almost free.  I'm in. 

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3183 on: Sep 04, 2018, 01:33 PM »
Thanks, that's almost free.  I'm in.
My thought too, although after reading the reviews I'm going to test the waterproofing before the 30day return window is up. Wet feet suck.

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #3184 on: Sep 04, 2018, 05:48 PM »
I've been buying lures and what not from a company called Outlet Bait and Tackle.  Website is overstockbait.com 

I troll for walleyes quite often, and my favorite lure in the Salmo bullhead, which this company has.  Right now, they have some big discounts on lots of stuff, check it out.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3185 on: Sep 04, 2018, 06:58 PM »
Fish usa has little cleo's buy 3 get one free not a bad deal if you do some jigging or casting with the bay de noc etc..

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3186 on: Sep 05, 2018, 10:52 AM »
Free Pflueger President ( 79.95 ) reel with purchase of All Star spinning rod. (84.99 ) .Real nice combo for just under 85 dollars
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3187 on: Sep 05, 2018, 11:01 AM »
Free Pflueger President ( 79.95 ) reel with purchase of All Star spinning rod. (84.99 ) .Real nice combo for just under 85 dollars

And where do we find this deal? Inquiring minds want to know... ;D
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3188 on: Sep 05, 2018, 11:37 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3189 on: Sep 05, 2018, 01:53 PM »
I scored the Baffin Control Max size 13 from Amazon a couple weeks ago, but they ended up not fitting.  Before I return them for my $72 refund, does anybody want them?  They're currently going for $132 plus tax on Amazon.  I'll sell them for the $72 I paid, and I'll even pay the shipping as my way to give back to IC.  If I don't hear anything by the end of the weekend, back to Amazon they go.  Let me know!

P.S. I wear a size 12 or 13 in most shoes, so I'd probably recommend these for someone who normally wears an 11.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3190 on: Sep 06, 2018, 06:05 AM »
Clam Ice Team Professional Ice Rod STEALS!  The Zippy Dahl 28" L Perch rod for $29.88!  and the Matt Johnson 25" L Panfish rod for $39.88!  These regularly retail for $100! each.  Just put in Cabelas Bargain Cave overnight!  Hurry!  Limited stock of both!  (The Zippy Dahl rod is listed as 26", but I believe it's actually 28" per descriptions on other sites.)

https://www.cabelas.com/product/bargain-cave/fishing/ice-fishing/pc/105591780/c/105740280/sc/105747480/clam-ice-team-professional/2069432.uts?slotId=7

DN

DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3191 on: Sep 06, 2018, 09:54 AM »
^^I dont need a new rod.... but guess whos getting a new rod... thanks DN  :-\
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3192 on: Sep 06, 2018, 10:11 AM »
I'm with phillip!👆 I think I already have like 25-30 rods. I had to fight the addiction and close out of the page so I didn't buy another one. Those are some good prices on those rods!!
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3193 on: Sep 06, 2018, 10:27 AM »

I totally get you.  Believe me.  My garage looks like a used rod & reel shop, but it's hard to have buyer's remorse when you pick stuff up on the super cheap!
I own enough rods & reels to outfit a small army.  When friends/family see my collections first hand, most of their jaws hit the floor.  :blink:  :whistle: 

DN 

PS.  The Zippy Dahl model is sold out now... You must not have been the only one.   ;D
PSS.  The guy that posted just above me, 'jordy 1380', is the guy that started all this.  Blame him!  :roflmao:

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3194 on: Sep 06, 2018, 10:42 AM »
I totally get you.  Believe me.  My garage looks like a used rod & reel shop, but it's hard to have buyer's remorse when you pick stuff up on the super cheap!
I own enough rods & reels to outfit a small army.  When friends/family see my collections first hand, most of their jaws hit the floor.  :blink:  :whistle: 

DN 

PS.  The Zippy Dahl model is sold out now... You must not have been the only one.   ;D
PSS.  The guy that posted just above me, 'jordy 1380', is the guy that started all this.  Blame him!  :roflmao:

Well keep them eyes looking for some solid reel deals!  I know a guy that is looking.........
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3195 on: Sep 06, 2018, 10:45 AM »
I have sold off a lot of my over bought rods and reels. Both open water and ice. I even sold off over 200 Lures I had extra. Now I am thinking of buying another shelter. I own the Shappell 6500 and the Shappell Wind break and will most likely buy an older but in good shape Eskimo Quick Flip II. The Green material. Just bought another trolling motor, had 2 already but wanted a more powerful 55Lb thrust. Will sell off one of the 2 30 Lb thrust I have.
<===Lefty===

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3196 on: Sep 06, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Well keep them eyes looking for some solid reel deals!  I know a guy that is looking.........

What reels specifically?  There are dozens and dozens that can be used to ice fish with.  If you narrow the field a bit for me, I can keep my eyes peeled for you.  ;)

DN

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3197 on: Sep 06, 2018, 11:00 AM »
What reels specifically?  There are dozens and dozens that can be used to ice fish with.  If you narrow the field a bit for me, I can keep my eyes peeled for you.  ;)

DN

I really have no idea haha.  I do like the Pflueger President and think a size 20 reel would be enough?????  If it is a decent reel for a good price, I will pick it up.  Not picky at all.  I have inline reels now, but wanting to get some spinning reels as I prefer those over inline.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3198 on: Sep 06, 2018, 11:09 AM »
I really have no idea haha.  I do like the Pflueger President and think a size 20 reel would be enough?????  If it is a decent reel for a good price, I will pick it up.  Not picky at all.  I have inline reels now, but wanting to get some spinning reels as I prefer those over inline.

I've posted deals for both the President and the Tica Cetus 500SS in the last 60 days.  You'll need to pay better attention. lol  But, ok, I'll pm you when I see something you may be interested in.  ;)

DN

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3199 on: Sep 06, 2018, 11:11 AM »
I really appreciate everyone looking out for deals and posting them here! Maybe I should have posted a disclaimer with this threat:
I am not responsible for any excess of purchases made due to this thread. I am not responsible for any abuse cases caused by an angry wife due to excessive purchase made due to this thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The great deals are yet to come so keep looking everyone and tight lines with fall fishing!!
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3200 on: Sep 06, 2018, 11:16 AM »
I've posted deals for both the President and the Tica Cetus 500SS in the last 60 days.  You'll need to pay better attention. lol  But, ok, I'll pm you when I see something you may be interested in.  ;)

DN

I have now turned on email notifications for this thread  :thumbsup:

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3201 on: Sep 06, 2018, 11:20 AM »
I have now turned on email notifications for this thread  :thumbsup:

Now you're talking!  ;D  :thumbsup:

DN   ;)2

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3202 on: Sep 06, 2018, 11:28 AM »
I really appreciate everyone looking out for deals and posting them here! Maybe I should have posted a disclaimer with this threat:
I am not responsible for any excess of purchases made due to this thread. I am not responsible for any abuse cases caused by an angry wife due to excessive purchase made due to this thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The great deals are yet to come so keep looking everyone and tight lines with fall fishing!!

A little late Bub!  107 pages is a little late for a disclaimer.  :roflmao:  I wonder how many failed marriages you're on the hook for?   :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

DN  ;)2

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3203 on: Sep 06, 2018, 11:58 AM »

I bought the 500 size of one of these a few weeks ago: https://sixgillfishing.com/karve-series-spinning-reels/

I like that it has the push button folding handle, and for less than $20, I thought it was worth the investment. I haven't used it yet, but it seems to be well built. They also sell additional spools for cheap if you wanted to have a separate spool ready to go with 1lb or less line for those finicky panfish bites. They are currently out of the 500 size extra spools though.

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3204 on: Sep 06, 2018, 12:22 PM »
A little late Bub!  107 pages is a little late for a disclaimer.  :roflmao:  I wonder how many failed marriages you're on the hook for?   :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

DN  ;)2
Yeah, true statement. I didn't realize this thread would continue forever with all the deals. Guess we're all trying to save a buck though!
Sorry for any angry conversations with significant others! :roflmao: :roflmao:
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3205 on: Sep 06, 2018, 02:05 PM »

[/quote]

it's all your fault!!

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3206 on: Sep 07, 2018, 10:19 AM »
Got those Sorels yesterday.  What a steal @ $50 thanks!

Here's my deal to pay forward.  $10 no strings attached coupon in-store at Gander.    It works just like it says.  I got a box of 9mm ammo for bascially free yesterday.   This is essentially free money!

Here's the thing.... since it's a hard code on the coupon, I have no idea how they know how many times you have used it or why you couldn't have a friend make a purchase for you.    I'm tempted to try it at a different store today.  Feels a little dirty though.....

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/coupons/10-gift-card.shtml?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=go-10-coupon

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3207 on: Sep 07, 2018, 10:40 AM »
I used it at the same store twice...  funny thing is last week when I found it the coupon said it was good until December 31, 2018. Now they say September 9, 2018

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3208 on: Sep 07, 2018, 02:12 PM »
I can confirm that this one will work multiple times.   ;)

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3209 on: Sep 07, 2018, 03:59 PM »
Decent deal on a reel, haven't used them but there was a recent thread with plenty of people that loved them https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BS0IY4?ref=em_1p_1_im&ref_=pe_3730140_353833270

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.