Author Topic: Cobbets Pond  (Read 1394 times)

Offline 61gun

• IceShanty Rookie
Cobbets Pond
« on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:37 PM »
Have not fished at all this year and was thinking of heading over to Cobbetts. Is there a problem parking at the town beach this year? Did they block the gate for 4 wheelers and sleds? Has the fishing been good?

thanks

Offline NHfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cobbets Pond
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:44 PM »
Yes they block the access for 4 wheelers and snowmobiles but people walk around it.... I fish it almost daily...from my experiences the trout bite this year is not as good as years past. I got browns and rainbows, but i think there has been alot of pressure there over the last few years and the bite has slowed a bit. Their still in there though.

Offline winni bound

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:57 PM »
is that you jason R.    Bobby

Offline Vic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2008, 08:01 AM »
I,ve gone over there a couple of times and done real well using live worms on a jiggin pole .go off the beach 100yds and to the left. done well over there hope that helps

Offline 61gun

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2008, 04:01 PM »

Thanks guys, love fishing that lake. Wish there was access during open water!

Offline NHfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2008, 04:05 PM »
Yeah the access is real bad for open water season. Thats why the state wont stock it, i sent them an email asking about, and they said theres not enough access to stock it. All of the trout in there are stocked by the association, i was told $2000 dollars worth a year, but i guess thats only like 200 fish, so its good to let the small ones go so they can grow.

Offline 61gun

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2008, 05:29 PM »
 I have heard the same things.
We let them all go, have caught a couple real nice browns out of there.

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2008, 05:37 PM »
TALKED TO A RESIDENT OF THE LAKE AND WAS TOLD THEY STOCK 500 BOWS AND 500 BROWNS A YR.  THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD..  THE BIT IS OFF THERE THIS YR..  HOPE TO GET SOME NICE ONES BEFORE THE END OF THE YR..  DAYLIGHT SAVINGS IS COMING SOON..  A HOUR MORE LIGHT IN THE EVENING MAY HELP THE BIT.  I ALWAYS DO WELL THERE IN THE AFTERNOON...   SHAUN

Offline NHfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2008, 05:40 PM »
My grandparents got a camp there, I grew up fishing there, im only 19, but ive hitting it hard for the past 10 years. I too have caught some nice ones, my best luck has come trolling in the spring with down riggers, though ive caught plenty through the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.