Author Topic: The good... and the bad  (Read 1299 times)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The good... and the bad
« on: Dec 26, 2013, 08:01 AM »
The good...
Finding out the girl I've been seeing for less than a month got me the new Shappell Bayrunner shanti for Christmas.

The bad...
They are selling out everywhere and are tough to find so her special ordering it will not get it to me till Saturday.

I feel like a kid who got a toy on Christmas morning only to find out Mom forgot to get the right batteries for it lol. It's gonna be a long 3 days. Anyone else get something a little "bitter-sweet" for Christmas?
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline misterharry

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The good... and the bad
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2013, 10:06 AM »
A beautiful assortment of Bionic Bucktails and Airplane jigs I don't think I'll be able to fish with in NH waters 3 seasons from now.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2013, 10:14 AM »
800....that's not bad, that's just not as good.

bad would be getting the order on Sat and finding they shipped the wrong product (through no fault of your GF).
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2013, 11:57 AM »
800....that's not bad, that's just not as good.

bad would be getting the order on Sat and finding they shipped the wrong product (through no fault of your GF).

SHUT UP!!! your gonna jinx me LOL.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline PapaAthona

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2013, 12:03 PM »
Sweet gift!  I had to travel to concord to get my auger.  They didn't have it in stock anywhere else.  So I was almost in that boat.  Heading to the berkshires tomorrow night to for a weekend of fishing.  Thank god I was able to find it.

Good luck!

Offline GraniteBass

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2013, 12:06 PM »
Nice, congrats.

The real present is a girl like that though.  ;)
“There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.” - Steven Wright

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2013, 12:11 PM »
Yup, got my first ever power auger... but I have to wait a couple days for the oil to be delivered.  :'(
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2013, 12:53 PM »
Nice, congrats.

The real present is a girl like that though.  ;)

2X that!

I hope she got what she wanted as well!!!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline nhdeadhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2013, 01:47 PM »
I got a frabil suit but she disregarded my note to order a size large and got a medium instead. It was a very nice gesture but nonetheless it was too small and gonna have to ship it back and swap it out. I also scored a 13 fishing black betty combo; just my luck they sent one with a bent eyelet on the rod so thats gotta get exchanged as well.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2013, 02:37 PM »
2X that!

I hope she got what she wanted as well!!!

Yup... Tickets to the theater and a night on the town in Boston in a couple weeks.

I got a frabil suit but she disregarded my note to order a size large and got a medium instead. It was a very nice gesture but nonetheless it was too small and gonna have to ship it back and swap it out. I also scored a 13 fishing black betty combo; just my luck they sent one with a bent eyelet on the rod so thats gotta get exchanged as well.

Yikes, double whammy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.