Author Topic: SOS  (Read 2209 times)

Offline 6wheels

• Team IceShanty Regular
SOS
« on: Feb 01, 2013, 06:49 PM »
Shanty member looking for some help. My bobhouse is currently floating in a 12 foot circle of open water in Moultonboro on Winni. I'm hoping some shanty members may be free tomorrow to give me a hand. I think 2 ATVs could pull it back on the ice. I know its a lot to ask, but if you are available to lend a hand, please PM me and leave me a number to call. Thanks guys.

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: SOS
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:03 PM »
I just got off the phone with Paul and he  is need off any help at all. The shanty is one I built for him last year its a new  4x8 ,with insulated and its floating  about a hundred yards off shore in a 10' round hole in the ice, all great ice around it the holes all opened up and swallowed it up.Any members that could lend a hand on Saturday p.m 6wheels, its in Moultonborough/Winni ,,,,Thanks guys.
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline Hounded819

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:12 PM »
wish the wheeler wasnt in pieces right now. id bring it up and help wish you luck

Offline PHD

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:18 PM »
What part of the lake???
Trust me, there's plenty of ice..

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:24 PM »
moultonborough neck/kona farm/colby rd

Offline TogueRogue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:56 PM »
Hey 6wheel,,,,Dispy just posted this: 
&feature=youtu.be ,,,,, thought you might get a few ideas... every bobhouse owners nightmare for sure,,,, good luck,,,,,TR

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:13 PM »
PM sent Paul

Offline JigChaser08

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I Was Fishin'
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:00 PM »
im stuck working or else i would make the 2 hour trip to help Paul. Hope you can get some help up there.
Henry

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:06 PM »
I would help you but I have to work tomorrow. Good luck and  be careful. Take the time to really think about how you are going to do it before you attempt it. again becatreful and I wish you the best.

Offline 6wheels

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:25 PM »
Thanks for your offers guys. I'm gonna give it my best tomorrow,  I was supposed to work but I'm calling in. Just can't in good conscience let the lake freeze it in solid. This may well drag into Sunday so if any of you are not working and Sunday may work better, please keep it in mind. Thanks again.

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Can't catch em from the couch.
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:28 PM »
If I don't get up there tomorrow and its not out I will be there before daylight Sunday.

Offline 6wheels

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:36 PM »
You the man tony! If I can dry off my bob house stove, there's breakfast coming your way! By the way, I intend on having 2 lines in while extraction is in progress . . . never waste an opportunity to fish!!

Offline JimB

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gone thinking
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:37 PM »
What time are you heading up?

Offline 6wheels

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:41 PM »
I plan on meeting at AJ's at 8:30 ish. By the way; I'm buying the smelt.

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:46 PM »
Sounds like a plan. Good luck.

Offline JimB

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gone thinking
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:49 PM »
What do you need?
I think I could give you a hand.

Offline 6wheels

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:56 PM »
Hey Jim. If you have an ATv with chains that would be great. My atv can move the house but its not enough to pop it onto the ice. Manpower is second on the list. The bobhouse has solid metal rail runners so it should be able to hook and pull. I worked on it for an hour before dark then decided to not be stupid and wait for daylight. Thanks,  Paul

Offline JimB

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gone thinking
« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:58 PM »
PM sent

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:01 PM »
Hey Jim. If you have an ATv with chains that would be great. My atv can move the house but its not enough to pop it onto the ice. Manpower is second on the list. The bobhouse has solid metal rail runners so it should be able to hook and pull. I worked on it for an hour before dark then decided to not be stupid and wait for daylight. Thanks,  Paul
Minimum of three come-a-longs, is a suggestion that may help you. Lash them down on the ice and use one wheeler's winch for a rope on the top of the roof to hold her level. Good luck and keep me posted on your efforts. Like I said, I'll help you on Sunday, if you have no results.

Offline 6wheels

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:08 PM »
Good advice Tom. Huntr offered some portable gas winches so hopefully this all comes together. If not, I look forward to meeting you on Sunday. Always thought it would be on BIP but what works, works. Thanks again,   Paul

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 02, 2013, 05:07 AM »
What do you need?
I think I could give you a hand.

some 6x6 at least 16' long or even long if you can get them will really help( almost a must) plus lots and of rope, and don't forget to bring wood to use as fulcrums. remember take your time and do not put do much pressure on one side keep fairly equal pressure on all come-a-long inching it out giving it time to let water drain out. As Dipsy said it took us six hours to extract his. He looked like a ping pong ball going back and forth from come-a-long to come-a-long, while I worked the rope on the roof.  good luck fellas

Offline Cal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 02, 2013, 05:16 AM »
You will probably be best served with a come-along and an "Ice Angel" tool.
Look up on the net: Diggers ice angel and you will see what it is. You simply drill a dry hole with auger and throw it into hole and it will open up and grab the ice giving you a solid anchor to pull house out with.  I have seen people use it to winch out their ATVs. simply push tool the other way and it releases.
I have 2 if you need them!
-I shoot a bow professionally for Bass Pro and Team Redhead and I am constantly asked to test products new products. For every 50, one product is a keeper.
This product is a life saver! 

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 02, 2013, 05:20 AM »
Really sorry to hear you are stuck, I would of met you up there but im stuck at basketball for my daughter...dispy was great and helped me a few years back when my shack blew over...id love to pay it forward, just cant this weekend.

I hope it all turns out ok!!!

I spoke with Adrien tonight, he took a lake tour yesterday checking ice conditions and his quote was "its REALLY BAD" he couldnt believe the thickness in some areas....everyone please be safe. Next weekend I guarantee some yahoo tries to drive a truck out on the broads!

Offline BogMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 02, 2013, 09:07 AM »
Cal has the right idea. However we got a truck stuck many years ago and the tow guy used a 6x6 2-3 feet long. Anchored his cable to it and pushed it down the hole and secured it to the winch. Pried the truck out using long timbers and the winch. Cheap and worked great. not need a 6x6 for the shanty. What about those 2 pully come along rope systems. I have one to pull down tree's. Awsome power with little effort.

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 02, 2013, 03:09 PM »
Its out ! spoke to paul.

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 02, 2013, 03:18 PM »
I just spoke to him myself. Glad its out but dunno what I'm gonna do tomorrow now!  :P

Offline HardTellinNotKnowin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 04, 2013, 09:34 AM »
I wasn't logged on to the Shanty all weekend.  Sorry I didn't hear about this untill now 6Wheels.  I would have been in on the operation.  Glad to hear you were able to get it out. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.