Author Topic: LL Regulars, when is your next trip?  (Read 20058 times)

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
LL Regulars, when is your next trip?
« on: Jan 12, 2011, 03:50 AM »
I am waiting for materials and weather. Hopefully, 19-23 Jan for me.

Mike :tipup:

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LL Regulars, when is your next trip?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2011, 09:46 AM »
I'm stuck in Apprentice school till the end of the month, 6 days a week 8 hours a day leaves little time for fishing.  The good news is that when its over I'll be a Journeymen and I can fish whenever I want (wife willing).  I hope to head up some time in Feb.  Iced and myself need to make up for our last trip.  So for now I need to live vicariously through the rest of you so don't disappoint me, ice shanty is all I got.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:09 AM »
apprentice school? For snowmachine repair I hope... ;D

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2011, 01:38 PM »
apprentice school? For snowmachine repair I hope... ;D
::snicker snicker::

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2011, 02:59 PM »
hehe........you knew it was coming Jason ;D
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2011, 07:36 PM »
It's only funny because nobody turned blue.

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2011, 08:30 PM »
Could you really image an Ironworker trying to fix a machine.  Quick get my beater I'll pound it back in place.  Allthough I did get pretty good at replacing fan belts.

Offline Salmonman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2011, 10:51 PM »
Every weekend, sure was fun moving the shack to Susitna last weekend. With the Chevy truck that is! Got one good fish. Probably headed out every weekend till I get sick of it. Hmmmmm, that will never happen.

Offline Salmonman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2011, 10:56 PM »

Here it is, now everyone knows which one ours is out there. Set up in 25ft of water. The kill zone

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:32 PM »
Sweet fish Pat!!!!! I hope you let him go...... cause, you can do great things in the shanty. It has good accoustics for whispering! ;)

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:56 PM »
Some reflectors would make it real nice in the fog. ;D  Nice fish dude.  What did it go?

Offline Salmonman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2011, 12:27 AM »
Reflectors are a check for next time. 14 pounds

Offline Salmonman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2011, 12:32 AM »
30"x19", not super long but pretty fat around the middle.

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2011, 01:35 AM »
Reflectors are a check for next time. 14 pounds

That's a lot of reflectors!!!!!!

I was wondering about fish. I would have guessed 15-18 pounds and 32-34 inches. Thanks for the reply.

To the guys fishing Susitna - Let me know if you are experiencing shorter fish with larger bellies. I heard a rumor that there are some with a huge girth in there. Ethan would be the closest to the area that I heard about.

BTW - If anyone is experienced with putting T&G on a ceiling, PM me..... I have some questions.

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2011, 10:55 PM »
Looks like it will be a week more before I can make it back. I snapped the drive shaft on my machine last time and it has to be ordered. Should be here by next Wednesday then I can go back. I am missing it though. Thought about heading to the valley for some bows and char but after a few big lakers I just don't have the drive for those little things any more.   ;D

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2011, 11:48 PM »
Looks like it will be a week more before I can make it back. I snapped the drive shaft on my machine last time and it has to be ordered. Should be here by next Wednesday then I can go back. I am missing it though. Thought about heading to the valley for some bows and char but after a few big lakers I just don't have the drive for those little things any more.   ;D
I know aint it somethin..

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2011, 11:52 PM »

Are you fixing it or do you have it at a shop? Some oif the Arctic Cats have a bearing that must be greased or the shaft will heat up and break...... even under 100 MPH!

Looks like the 21st for me. 1100 SQ FT of T&G to freight in and install.

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2011, 02:24 AM »
It is at the shop. I asked him if the previous owner not greasing the bearings contributed to the break and he said that they where sealed bearings and that it was strange that it broke.   

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2011, 09:32 AM »
It is at the shop. I asked him if the previous owner not greasing the bearings contributed to the break and he said that they where sealed bearings and that it was strange that it broke.   
I don't think that 35 below and 120mph had anything to do with it. ::)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Jan 14, 2011, 10:20 AM »
Are you fixing it or do you have it at a shop? Some oif the Arctic Cats have a bearing that must be greased or the shaft will heat up and break...... even under 100 MPH!

Looks like the 21st for me. 1100 SQ FT of T&G to freight in and install.

Get that cabin of yours done by spring so you have all summer to rest up.   ;)2
See you in September Mike.   ;D

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 14, 2011, 11:22 AM »
Get that cabin of yours done by spring so you have all summer to rest up.   ;)2
See you in September Mike.   ;D

Working on a side trip too.

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 14, 2011, 01:57 PM »

I just talked to a guy that was out there the same week. He snapped his shaft and bearing too...... it is an Arctic Cat too.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Jan 14, 2011, 03:42 PM »
Working on a side trip too.

Care to elaborate?            

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Jan 14, 2011, 04:41 PM »
NOPE!!!

Fine!!!
Be that way!!!!                   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 15, 2011, 01:48 AM »
was the other person driving a little fast in the cold also. I think the 120 mph at almost -40 had a lot to do with it. I guess I should learn my lesson now before I end up with a physical injury instead of a financial one. on the other hand if I crash on a frozen lake I can get ice on the wound real quick or at least i can ice it faster there then I can here when my wife beats me after she sees the bill for fixing the snowmachine  :o :o

on an other note next Saturday there is going to be a heat wave out there could get up to 20 a will be out there next weekend.

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 15, 2011, 04:24 AM »
was the other person driving a little fast in the cold also. I think the 120 mph at almost -40 had a lot to do with it. I guess I should learn my lesson now before I end up with a physical injury instead of a financial one. on the other hand if I crash on a frozen lake I can get ice on the wound real quick or at least i can ice it faster there then I can here when my wife beats me after she sees the bill for fixing the snowmachine  :o :o

on an other note next Saturday there is going to be a heat wave out there could get up to 20 a will be out there next weekend.

BTW - I just found out that Petes Arctic Cat suffered a dibilitating gearbox failure...... same bat channel, same bat station.

I should be there..... Mostly working on the cabin....... I will have a couple guys fishing unless they pucker out. You don't really want a couple old grumpy guys discussing whether to shoot you or call for reinforcements treating you for ice rash do you? I run 35-45  on the ice road and hope to never have the great "Lost" of New Years ever happen again. Keep your tank full, and your GPS in your pocket!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Jan 15, 2011, 01:27 PM »
BTW - I just found out that Petes Arctic Cat suffered a dibilitating gearbox failure...... same bat channel, same bat station.

I should be there..... Mostly working on the cabin....... I will have a couple guys fishing unless they pucker out. You don't really want a couple old grumpy guys discussing whether to shoot you or call for reinforcements treating you for ice rash do you? I run 35-45  on the ice road and hope to never have the great "Lost" of New Years ever happen again. Keep your tank full, and your GPS in your pocket!

That's cause you're old and lame!!!!   
I like to open er up a little more than that, unlee I have the boggan behind me.   ;)2

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 15, 2011, 02:25 PM »
yes, no more lost rides.......im lookin at your glenalen thermometer -42 and it kinda kills my enthusiasm. if it gets decent (-10 or -15) ill be a lot more excited. found a sunflower heater in the garage! so now i have a little buddy and that to heat my QF6, much better. Mike let me know if you need that finish nailer, its in my truck. should i inquire about the borrowing of my buddys "ski-yama-cat" for this trip? maybe he wont flake out this time! 

Nice Fish SalmonMan! Probly the one I lost at susitna!  ;) ;)
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Jan 15, 2011, 04:45 PM »
That's cause you're old and lame!!!!   (Image removed from quote.)
I like to open er up a little more than that, unlee I have the boggan behind me.   ;)2

When I am in the mood to "step it up a notch" I jump on the boys 550F Tundra. It is sweet and pulls hard with the long track. Most of the "fun" riding is back in the woods at 2-5MPH.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.