Author Topic: is it time to dust off the gear?  (Read 839 times)

Offline Cali009

• Team IceShanty Regular
is it time to dust off the gear?
« on: Oct 10, 2015, 03:20 PM »
this week i believe it will be the time to dust off the hut grab the tackle and rods and check everything over. maybe even tinker with a storage idea for the portable one man.

with that in mind anyone got some good suggestions for new line or a bait to look for on the shelves come stocking time?
best long underwear on the planet

!* AIRBLASTER *!

Offline sig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: is it time to dust off the gear?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2015, 06:53 AM »
Good to have you back..  This time of year I start to get the ice itch.  As to new gear  I`m sticking with stuff from last year,  the prices are too high to mail order stuff from the US.  The ice magazines are out on the news stands now and there doesn't seem to be much new.

Cheers Sig sends VVV
[img width=218 height=80]http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/431-s

Offline 4d277

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2015, 03:38 PM »
just got my rapala 3 man cruzer flip looks good need to see were things go

Offline Cali009

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2015, 05:34 PM »
i am getting stoked for this winter.

i have been trying to get a hold of someone on kijiji selling a cruzer m2.

plus i have to get a new drag knob for the 13fishing betty i have.

!* AIRBLASTER *!

Offline chummyhole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2015, 08:36 PM »
So am i. The guy doesnt have any contact info on any of his Ads no email no phone nimber.

I pulled my pos ht rod locker out couple weeks ago and  two Fenwick ultra lights with broken tips and the handle on my daughters reel was broke.   Thankfully hers still had bass pro warrenty.   Not sure what happened they were stored under the bed in my camper.

Almost half done welding up My dog sled style sleigh for all my gear.   New trailer is almost ready to rock.   Gpt the ramps and hinges welded on before it started to rain.   Cut about 20 peices pvc for rod holders last  week.    Lol im not hunting this fall so im trying to get better orginzided for faster fishing.   Auger racks rod holders.  Big sportsmen locker.   No more brakeing things

Offline Cali009

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2015, 04:26 PM »
does that not drive you insane. when they have no contact info or reply in any way what so ever. the ad is not removed from kijiji and i never for a call or email. kinda bummed this would have been great as my father in law is retiring in Jan 1st. he is stoked to get out fishing with me and the wife too.

i hear you on wanted to get more organized for faster fishing.

looks like i might have to build bigger a 2nd hut closer to my home and not the Bro-in-Laws.

!* AIRBLASTER *!

Offline chummyhole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2015, 05:25 PM »
Ive noticed alot of that lately now that kijiji blocks the senders email address.    Well now that the elections over its time to get serious about fishing season again.   Glad my venture has electric  start took a few cranks for the thing to fire up.    Im normally pretty good about starting them every month and letting them run for a bit.  Bit its been at lest 3 months.   Sounds like it needs a rebuild kit for the primary.

Offline Legend Boats

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2015, 12:10 PM »
As the new ice magazines start to filter out, as already mentioned, there isn't a lot of wild and exciting new products. I try to not get roped into fads year to year, I prefer to stock my bag with tried and true options. The one thing that I will experiment with are new soft plastics...bring on the ice!

Cheers Becky - Legend Boats

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.