The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Messenger in Coldwater?  (Read 440 times)

Offline jig-o-matic

• Team IceShanty Regular
Messenger in Coldwater?
« on: Dec 20, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Anyone know how the ice is in Coldwater on Messenger Lake? My 6 year old wants to go bad. Also is the fishing any good down there right now?

Offline BCice

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Messenger in Coldwater?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2008, 03:44 PM »
 Did a drive by: 3 guys strait out from the park. A bunch of guys on Randall & 1 guy way out on Craig. Be careful.
Ron

Offline jig-o-matic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2008, 06:41 PM »
I was one of the 3.   8)  We caught a ton of little ones. My daughter had a blast. First time she used the aqua view. We saw bass and even a few pike. No flags though. Good ice under slushy crap on top. Didn't go out too far though.

Offline BCice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:32 PM »
 Good job on making it fun for the little one. Thanks for the report. Got to get my boy out ASAP, might go there tomorrow.  :)
Ron

Offline DaWaitaz

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAAAAAG!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2008, 08:44 PM »
We kept 25 on Randall today, mostly smallish to medium with a few nicer ones .... Ice is 3 to 5 inches...good ice with 2 inches of slush in spots....but not real sloppy. One brave snow-mobile rider made it across...I assume.

I was there from 9:45 till 4:00 and I would estimate there was 45 to 50 people on and off throughout the day.
Sounded like folks had a mixed bag...the guys coming off in the morning were not toting off large quantities of fish by the sounds of it...it picked up around noon.....started getting nothing but dinks as the day got longer.

Craig was empty in the morning and the ice didn't look ripe.

Going to get on Messenger sometime this week I hope....I was heading there when we saw all the people on Randall so we ended up getting on there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.