The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Bait Stores / Irish Hills area  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Kenny Limmit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Bream Reaper
Bait Stores / Irish Hills area
« on: Dec 16, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Just wondering where the bait stores are located in the Irish Hills area? I fish Vineyard and surrounding lakes quite a bit. I usually pick up bait from my neck of the woods, but lately having a hard time finding minnows and other live baits I fish with. Thanks in advance for the information.

Offline s_house

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bait Stores / Irish Hills area
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2008, 01:13 PM »
Just wondering where the bait stores are located in the Irish Hills area? I fish Vineyard and surrounding lakes quite a bit. I usually pick up bait from my neck of the woods, but lately having a hard time finding minnows and other live baits I fish with. Thanks in advance for the information.
I am assuming your coming west on M-124 past W.J. Hayes state park?

Go past the entrance for Vineyard on M-124 to just before the intersection of M-124/M-50. On the South side of the road is a place called Knutsons. It is heaven for hardwater fisherman.

Offline psufan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Hey Kenny

I had pretty good luck last year getting my hardwater bait at Maumee Tackle on Wayne St in Maumee. Not sure where you are in Toledo, but Gary and the staff are very helpful there at maumee Tackle.

But S-house is right, Knutsons is an awsome place if it is not to far out of your way once you get up there in the hills.
I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today. And then theyll paint it.  "Shannon Hoon"

Offline Kenny Limmit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Bream Reaper
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2008, 06:40 PM »
s house - thank you for the info about Knutsons. I will give them a try tomorrow morning on my way fishing. psufan - Maumee Tackle is where I normally purchase my bait, but they have been out of minnows for quite some time. I called them today and they were not sure when they were going to be restocked.

Offline spaz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2008, 07:40 PM »
There is also a large gas station on m50 1 mile west of onsted hwy 3lakes supply I think plus they open at 6am

Offline Friar Tuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2008, 08:19 PM »
If coming up M-52 from 109, there is a bait shop about a mile before 223 on the left.  I can't remember their name.  I picked up some minnows there in 06, and that's where I usually get my waxies.  Knutson's will have a much better selection.

Offline TeamTwoSticks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2008, 06:33 AM »
knutsons actually is the local supplier to many other bait shops.  i know that they supply cabela's with their minnows for bait and as food for the large fish tanks.  but be careful they do have alot to look at and you might walk out of there with more than just bait.

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2008, 09:01 AM »
s house - thank you for the info about Knutsons. I will give them a try tomorrow morning on my way fishing. psufan - Maumee Tackle is where I normally purchase my bait, but they have been out of minnows for quite some time. I called them today and they were not sure when they were going to be restocked.
Be carefull at knutsons, awsome place with all you need, but you might loose your wallet.  They have real fair pricing but they have everything you could need and then some, ;)

Offline quivr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 25" PIKE 2 # line
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2008, 11:48 AM »
there is good ice on Vineyard. how thick

Offline Kenny Limmit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Bream Reaper
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2008, 12:51 PM »
there is good ice on Vineyard. how thick
We had 4+" of ice when we fished Vineyard on Saturday. Fishing was slow.

Offline Bigbass101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2008, 05:34 PM »
I will agree with the above posters about Knustons.  You will lose your wallet in there.  I've lost mine there more than once.  The good news is you will see some new stuff that isn't carried everywhere.  Tons of ice flies and small custom jigs to choose from.  Best ice fishing shop I've been in.
When the bass season is over, there's nothing better than ice fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.