The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Hamlin Lake  (Read 625 times)

Offline zwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hamlin Lake
« on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:49 AM »
Has any one been on Upper Hamlin yet this year?  How's the ice?  I hoping with the current cold snap that it will be fishable this coming weekend.  It's always good for some nice gill's during early season.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
Re: Hamlin Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Has any one been on Upper Hamlin yet this year?  How's the ice?  I hoping with the current cold snap that it will be fishable this coming weekend.  It's always good for some nice gill's during early season.

I have not been up there my self but I have heard that the lower bayous have been fished on and I think that upper Hamlin has full ice but it was not safe this last week end so maybe by this up coming week end it will be safe.

Here this is where I got my info from:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=90359.0

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Upper Hamlin has plenty of ice, plenty of fisherman and lastly plenty of 'gills on the ice. I walked out from the boat launch at Beach Lane.
There are  a half dozen shantys on Lower Hamlin @ the North Bay (Bayou?) I didn't walk out on the ice.
Bass Lake North of Pentwater has several shantys and fisherman. Didn't stop.
Bruster

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2008, 05:29 PM »
Upper Hamlin has plenty of ice, plenty of fisherman and lastly plenty of 'gills on the ice. I walked out from the boat launch at Beach Lane.
There are  a half dozen shantys on Lower Hamlin @ the North Bay (Bayou?) I didn't walk out on the ice.
Bass Lake North of Pentwater has several shantys and fisherman. Didn't stop.

Thanks for the info you just made up my mind, HUNTING OR FISHING. I'm going to Hamlin this week end for some early Gills and maybe a few speck and Perch. Fishing in mid December on West Michigan cost that sounds great to me ;D .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.