The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Hamlin Lake  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Ded Dux

• IceShanty Rookie
Hamlin Lake
« on: Dec 11, 2008, 06:25 AM »
Just wondering how many of you guys fish Hamlin? I would like to make another trip up there soon. Any reports of fishable ice up that way yet? Thanks

Offline CEM

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Hamlin Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2008, 08:38 AM »
Upper is iced over but not safe enough yet. They are getting out on the bayou's on lower.  From what I hear though last weekend they got over a foot of snow so that can't be helping out too much.

Offline t.k.

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:04 AM »
     Looking forward to getting on Hamlin myself. It did freeze over on upper but it is now holding a pile of snow, which is going to really slow down the making of good hard ice.  Will have to watch the bayoes as there close to a go!    t.k.

Offline mpriceless7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:13 AM »
my brother has been fishing the south bayou, as for upper way too much snow to tell, I'm sure there will be some brave souls this weekend.
[IMG]

Offline serchn4monsterpike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2008, 03:12 PM »
mike there fishing indian pete in upper hamlin today, there still 3-4 inches on the south, and i went to my honey hole today and the first flag was a 30inch northern  :tipup:

Offline Ded Dux

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2008, 02:50 PM »
when we go up we stay in a cabin on indian petes. Is that usually good only at first ice? Last year we fished off of wilson park for gills but I want to fish for other stuff too any suggestions?

Offline serchn4monsterpike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2008, 06:24 PM »
i dont fish indian pete. I rarely fish hamlin period. Off of wilson park is okay for specs and gills and northern but there nothing but hammer handles though. If you truly want to fish northern and catch good size northern and have a good chance of getting a 40+ inch northern fish PM. If pan fishing is your style than fish hamlin off wilson park.

Offline Ded Dux

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2008, 06:56 PM »
when is the time to go for steelies on PM. Ice fishing that is.

Offline Ded Dux

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Bump....I would really like to hit PM in mid Jan. Any pointers on species to fish for at that time?

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2008, 09:39 PM »
Current info on Hamlin.

Upper Hamlin has plenty of ice, plenty of fisherman and lastly plenty of 'gills on the ice. I walked out from the boat launch at Beach Lane.
There are  a half dozen shantys on Lower Hamlin @ the North Bay (Bayou?) I didn't walk out on the ice.
Bass Lake North of Pentwater has several shantys and fisherman. Didn't stop.
Bruster

Offline bradh86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Some permanent shanty's on upper Hamlin Marina. Fishing sucked up there Saturday three guys three small fish.

Offline zwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2008, 11:51 AM »
Thanks for the info guys.  I'm hoping the rain removed a lot of the snow and now the cold is making more ice.  Sounds like Thursday night will add some snow on the ice though, unless we get enough wind to keep it minimal on the ice.

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2008, 12:21 PM »
There was just a dusting yesterday. Don't know how much they got last night.

Thanks for the info guys.  I'm hoping the rain removed a lot of the snow and now the cold is making more ice.  Sounds like Thursday night will add some snow on the ice though, unless we get enough wind to keep it minimal on the ice.
Bruster

Offline mpriceless7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 17, 2008, 12:23 PM »
there were about 20 guys fishing on upper Hamlin today. I don't know how much ice there is though.
[IMG]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.