Author Topic: Green Bombs  (Read 15582 times)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Green Bombs
« Reply #120 on: Oct 16, 2014, 09:27 AM »
Well its better then watching the news and reading the internet telling us all that the U.S. is screwed finacially and that we are all gonna be broke in a year or so.

Personally, I'd like to vote we move this thread to people using chain saws. Then we can debate on a person using a chain saw, and how we are all idiots for using chain saws and how we should hire it done by a professional because someones buddy or someone on the news had an accident with a chain saw and lost some body part. We could also throw in how the gas we put into plastic gas jugs is dangerous and how insurance has issues with it. Then the next guy can say how a metal gas can is approved by insurance vs the plastic, but if it falls off the truck and scraps down the road sparking it will start a fire. That way we can have pictures of fires, blown up stuff, and mutalated people all in a thread......... :cookoo:

Nothing like taking off on a tangent, is there?  ::)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #121 on: Oct 16, 2014, 09:30 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

And so it begins for the 2014/15 ice season! The 3,785,651 discussion of the little green bomb. and I'm fresh outta popcorn, dang.  :(

Oh lord let there be ice soon!
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #122 on: Oct 16, 2014, 11:00 AM »
The difference between this and a chainsaw, is a professional would not fill up these non-refillable propane tanks.

Yep, I have nothing better to do until I hit the duck pond tomorrow. :thumbsup:
-Tom

Offline thegeorgeone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #123 on: Oct 16, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Can't believe I wasted my time reading this years new posts to an old never ending topic.
It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #124 on: Oct 16, 2014, 11:33 PM »
I've see what one of those bottles will do.  Ya I won't refill them.
Don

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #125 on: Oct 20, 2014, 11:10 PM »

Just right!

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #126 on: Oct 24, 2014, 09:06 AM »
I have never filed one or used a filled one but I have some questions/statements for people to think about.

1. What makes the store bought ones safer than the filled ones? Store bought ones do leak just like refilled ones can. Last year I had a couple stored in a tote with lid, I opened the lid and smelt strong gas, I immediately put lid back and took tote outside to air out.  My opinion, either new or refilled can leak making both dangerous.

2.  Just thinking. If Manufactors did make 1 lbers safe to refill. How long would they be in business? If they can make 5 lbers safe they can make 1 ibers safe to refill. That right there makes me wonder if the manufactors main reason for saying DO NOT REFILL is to keep sales up. If every 1 lber was safe to refill, allot more people would be doing it and sales would fall way down for new ones.

3. Common sense tells me the tanks sidewalls/valves/seals are made strong enough to refill. If they wasn't then how could they be safe right out of the store? Since no refilling propain store will refill them, the manufactors have to stamp them "DO NOT REFILL" to stop customers from refilling.

4. I believe the people who are trained and work at propain refilling stations could fill them safely if they wanted. But there's very little profit for them to mess with 1-Lbers so they don't. And Tom Dick and Harry aren't trained so it can be hazardous for them.

They do sell refilliable 1-lb tanks, heres a link. No idea the cost, doesn't say.
http://www.mantank.com/green/refillable.htm

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Oct 24, 2014, 09:09 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Just right!

Did you tare out the empty tank? if not then you don't have 1LB of gas.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #128 on: Oct 24, 2014, 09:21 AM »
Ode to the threads that will never die.

"it's alive, it's alive, it's alive!"  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #129 on: Oct 29, 2014, 06:44 PM »
Did you tare out the empty tank? if not then you don't have 1LB of gas.

Yes. I do know how to run a scale.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.