Author Topic: Anyone have Hardwater Classic Results top 10 etc?  (Read 2071 times)

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
Anyone have Hardwater Classic Results top 10 etc?
« on: Jan 25, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Anyone have the results list? Woody?
BOWHUNTER68

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Anyone have Hardwater Classic Results top 10 etc?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2015, 10:47 AM »
None over 2lbs were caught, top weight I think was 1.98 I think, 2 1.95, 3 1.90
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2015, 12:36 PM »
Thanks
BOWHUNTER68

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2015, 01:45 PM »
Heard it was slow but know some folks who did okay...so bowhunter68 and Duck-Slayer how'd you fellars do? 

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2015, 03:47 PM »
Did not fish it K2...after the near swim friday we bailed sounded like the cracks got tight and there were no issues which is good to hear.
BOWHUNTER68

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2015, 04:04 PM »
Thanks bowhunter68. You mentioned cracks and potentially taking a swim...I've seen pictures of pressure ridges and ice heaves...would you or others care to elaborate on them? Are they overlapped or folded...here's a link maybe general areas of Cascade that have these...thanks for basic ice info one can provide...very important as we all know especially taking machines...make sure to check out the video in the link...

http://lakeice.squarespace.com/pressure-ridges/

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2015, 04:32 PM »
The pressure cracks seem to be open this year with ice berg type chunks locked up in the middle. As we approached the main ridge from sugarloaf boat launch i noticed a slush pool look before the heave about 4' before the crack. I had to keep our momentum up to get across when i hit the slushy water the front end of my atv broke it up the back end did as well so when the trailer hit it it dropped down about 2' and the trailer fender hit the far side of the crack and stopped us in our tracks. Could have been real ugly but we were able to unload the trailer and lift the left side back on the good ice. Had i been on a snowmobile it would not have been an issue. Later that day we laft about 5pm and checked the middle of the lakes main pressure crack and we moved the heaved ice out if the way and it was open water below it. Ive seen pressure cracks that have killed guys or hurt badly the long and short is every one of them is different most of the time you wont have an issue but respect them all and be able to read the features and dont just bomb over them.
BOWHUNTER68

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2015, 05:12 PM »
Much thanks bowhunter68 for the ice info where you fished...been hearing from others them pressure ridges are beginning...damn weather as that contributes now to these pressure ridges... oh well...for us it's not the secret spot or lure its getting on and off the ice that counts...we can find the fish...its the ice...as we all know all to well...no such thing as safe ice...its ice reports for us and the fishing is a bonus while having a great time...but the ice reports are key to us...plus NEVER GO ALONE...again thanks and glad you got out okay...

OBTW didn't mean to hijack your Hardwater Classic thread.. :) :)

So lets see some posts on that tourney...

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2015, 05:54 PM »
All good stuff K2..
BOWHUNTER68

Offline sdhuntandfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2015, 06:02 PM »
I planned on fishing the Hardwater again, but after 5 days up in Cascade, we decided to get a jump on the 20+ hour drive and leave Saturday AM.

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2015, 06:30 PM »
Thanks to everyone who made it out. Should have results up tomorrow AM.

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2015, 09:48 PM »
Nice work Woodland...great seeing ya SDHUNTANDFISH...even though it was only for a day!!
BOWHUNTER68

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2015, 10:24 AM »

Offline 97sx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2015, 01:09 PM »
Just want to say thanks to Woodland and crew for a great event!  They put a lot of time and effort into this and it doesn't go unnoticed!

Good to fish with all the usual suspects before and during the event...SDhuntandfish, Bowhunter68, IDO-QB, Fowl-language, and Wisconsin Dave!

Hey how about Wisconsin Dave?  Dude flys out just for the event and takes 3rd overall and 1st in the 3 perch side pot!  He shows up to Sugarloaf ramp in a Ford Explorer with a 1981 Big Red 3-wheeler inside...yes inside!  He only had a hand auger, no electronics, and I think he may have even been hand-lining...and all he does is go out and fill buckets full of jumbos.  And fast.  That is old school!  Oh and the dude takes his winnings and slaps them down on the counter at the Valley Club and says we drink till it's gone!!!

How about the Perch Posse with 3 outta the top 10?  Not bad!

Also on Sunday Fowl caught a 16" perch that went 2lbs 1oz.  It was a day late for the Hardwater, but it should shoot him to the top of leaderboard of the Ice Shanty online tournament.

Offline sdhuntandfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2015, 02:28 PM »
IDO-QB, haha. He's anti shanty!  ;)

All in all, it was a fun week! Got a couple solid days on the ice with 97sx and a half day with Bowhunter68  :tipup: It's always nice to see old friends after a year's hiatus.

Hit up Gold Fork to relax and drink some cold ones, iced a ton of nice perch, and we couldn't have scripted nicer weather. Until the next trip out, stay safe on that ice fellas.

Andy

Offline Wisconsin_Dave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 28, 2015, 12:26 AM »
Well, I just wanted to say thanks to all of the participants in this year's classic for their money...The Valley Club sure appreciated it! ;)
97SX - electronics are cheating, I dull my auger for the exercise, and I hand line for the challenge! JK!

On the serious note, I really appreciate the opportunity to come fish your waters and the tournament. Lake Cascade is truly a remarkable fishery surrounded by the most beautiful scenery.  It's a gem in the heart of Idaho. The tournament was very well run and among the best I've ever fished.  Plus, it is for a great cause. Thanks again.

Wisconsin Dave
Perch posse

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:10 AM »
Good job WD, back next year?

Offline 97sx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2015, 12:28 PM »
Good job WD, back next year?

We will get him back out!  Fowl on the other hand is waffling.  Something about maybe moving to the East Coast...excuses, excuses, excuses.

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2015, 01:10 PM »
It's hard to hang on to about 2k in ice fishing gear if I end up in North Carolina!  I'll give it the good college try though, the classic is my favorite derby out here by far.

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2015, 01:15 PM »
North Carolina? :sick:

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2015, 01:21 PM »
Yeah, I'm done with school and just bumming around can't really find work out here, my girlfriend is done with school and starting a grad program somewhere so it's going to be sort of surprise where we end up.  I'm hoping for WI or Portland at least Portland I can make trips to Cascade still and northern Wisconsin...well... is Northern Wisconsin.  I'm definitely coming back to north Idaho to retire, just not a lot of opportunities here right now, it's a shame.

Offline Wisconsin_Dave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 29, 2015, 10:08 PM »
Should be out next year. I'm planning on it, but no more for this year so you guys don't have to worry.  ;D  Only can get off work for one trip like this a year. Well worth saving the vacation time. Still have plenty of ice time out here though. Good luck the rest of the year!

May your ice be good and fishing better,

Wisconsin Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.