The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: power pro ice  (Read 1643 times)

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
power pro ice
« on: Oct 17, 2005, 09:03 PM »
i just got 2 rolls of 15lb test of this stuff. looks like its gonna work fine. only 4lb. mono. dia. we'll see what the whitefish think of it. theyre real line shy. im gonna scratch the 6ft. mono leader i usually add on to the spider wire that i usually use. anyone ever use the power pro ice before or is this a new product? got it thru cabelas.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: power pro ice
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2005, 09:50 PM »
ive never tried the ice stuff! here is actually a thread i started a while back on the general forum...Power Pro Ice

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2005, 12:32 PM »
I use "regular" power pro on most of my spools.....I just ordered the ice line....I use power pro for every fishing situation.....from crappie to sharks, you can't break it!  Plus it's super sensitive.......I can imagine the ice line is even better!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2005, 04:16 PM »
well i guess it was money well spent. cant wait to hear the drag go on my reel!! come on first ice!!

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2005, 07:24 AM »
well i guess it was money well spent. cant wait to hear the drag go on my reel!! come on first ice!!
they ONLY thing I don't like about it is, if you get snagged on bottom.....it's nearly impossible to break.

I tried to save my favorite cocahoe from a rock by wrapping the power pro around my hand and walking backwards....BAD MOVE....it sliced right through my palm....(made it tough to wax the dolphin for a few days....if ya know what I mean) ;D

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2005, 08:08 AM »
it is definately tough stuff!  i hooked the striper tackle to the god old state of maine a few times over the summer and had to work like hell to break it!! hey skipper you got a dolphin?  :o

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2005, 08:37 PM »
thats why i quit usin' spiderwire on my reel for spring trolling in the river. same problem + add some current to the equation= one broken rod + some nasty cuts!

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2005, 12:07 PM »
it is definately tough stuff!  i hooked the striper tackle to the god old state of maine a few times over the summer and had to work like hell to break it!! hey skipper you got a dolphin?  :o
actually.....my wife has a blue dolphin.....I'm sure I'm not alone with this one :blink:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.