Author Topic: Black Strap ???  (Read 3997 times)

Offline friendly fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • keeping the fish on the line
Black Strap ???
« on: Jan 12, 2004, 03:38 PM »
hello does anyone here know anything about Black Strap this winter ?
 I went there today and came home skunked  not sure were the best fishing is on that lake was told that there is pleanty of fish in the lake this yr by the DNR but yet to find a good spot but then again this is my first time on the lake hope I do better next time out  If anyone knows what the fish are biting on that might help my chances ??

thanks in advance

Offline wallyguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re:Black Strap ???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2004, 07:52 PM »
it has been a slow year so far on blackstrap i dont know where you were fishing but try in front of thode by the pump house it can be good or on the north side of the cause way  just make sure to be mobile

Offline friendly fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • keeping the fish on the line
Re: Black Strap ???
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2004, 05:12 PM »
Well I have been on this lake again and have found it to be a waste of my time as there are no fish biting on here what so ever and even if they did bite it would be useless as someone keeps feeding the fish with discarded fish carcasess that have been filleted on the ice then thrown down the holes  and they throw thier garbage down the holes as well discarded cans and other things that could be and should be transported off the ice and put in the trash cans wich are on the way off the ice I hate anglers that think the bottom of the lake is for thier trash it is were fish are trying to survive and we all wonder why fish are contaminated and die of lack of oxegen its because of morons that throw out thier garbage under the ice because they are to lazy to take it off with them black strap lake will one day not have any fish left for our kids because it is a dumping ground for ignorant people who dont think of anyone but themselves .

Offline wallyguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2004, 06:31 PM »
i have seen this to and it seeems that nobody seems to care.is the. its not my problem is the atitude of the day now.

no fish in myhole

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2004, 10:29 PM »
I've fished blackstap a few times this year, the fish seem to bite only dead lines with a big smelt. I've pulled out a few 10 pounder's (jack).  Seen some whitefish with the camera, very few perch.  A friend of mine caught a 25 pound jack   and 7.5 pound walley this year.

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2004, 05:23 PM »
i was fishing black strap lots last winter and i got really angry and just went a little throttle happy with the auger and ended up limiting out on walleye just south of the ski hill!

Offline wallyguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2004, 11:34 AM »
did anyone find the perch there i caught walleye and pkie but very few perch

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2004, 04:41 PM »
Perch are all over, that is what i was mainly catching last winter, everywhere i drilled a hole i caught perch, most weren't all that big but there was lots

Offline saskafishman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fish or perish
« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2004, 12:50 PM »
hello does anyone here know anything about Black Strap this winter ?
 I went there today and came home skunked  not sure were the best fishing is on that lake was told that there is pleanty of fish in the lake this yr by the DNR but yet to find a good spot but then again this is my first time on the lake hope I do better next time out  If anyone knows what the fish are biting on that might help my chances ??

thanks in advance
BLACK STRAP HAD A MAJOR KILL OF THE PERCH POPULATION . THIS THREW EVERYTHING OFF LAST WINTER. THE PERCH HAVE REBOUNDED AND THIS YEAR SHOULD BE A BANNER YEAR FOR THE LAKE.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.