Author Topic: fishing reports  (Read 15379 times)

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
Re: fishing reports
« Reply #60 on: Mar 11, 2005, 01:51 PM »
Is anyone having problems with water on the ice yet???

Offline APU GARCIA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saskatchewan
« Reply #61 on: Mar 11, 2005, 02:11 PM »
Went to Mistawasis on the 6th, got some walleye for the pan and had a blast running for Pike on tip-ups.

Ya there was about 1" of water on the ice with about 3" of slush under 1ft of snow.

I hope the strap doesn't have much water and slush tomorrow as the shack is coming off. :'(
MY NAME IS APU, HOW DO YOU DO, NOW YOU GUNNA DIE!!!!!!

Offline saskfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #62 on: Mar 20, 2005, 01:35 PM »
Fished Waterhen again yesterday and again it sucked!  This year has been even worse than last year.  I miss the glory days of 3 - 5 years ago when flags were going up faster than they could be reset.  Biggest fish this year- 3 or 4 pounds.  I kept one pike all winter, spent about 250 bucks on gas, 200 bucks for cabin, plus beer, food and smokes money!  $10 a pound at the store doesn't look so expensive now!

wallman

« Reply #63 on: Mar 20, 2005, 05:20 PM »
I here ya SASK ,been up in meadow park a couple times this winter,last weekend was slow at Petihagen ,could be this cold front, hopefully its gone by easter weekend . Were heading south then and might try Echo or Ketepwa if anyone has reports would be great! 8)

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Mar 20, 2005, 05:44 PM »
Snuck out to Pellican Pte. for dogs this morning and we did all right but lost a bunch of tackle on bite offs and crap swivels etc.  Our friend's been getting great perch fishing on Mission. ;)
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #65 on: Mar 27, 2005, 04:01 AM »
What are everyone's end of season plans for the upcoming week?

Offline kevinharrison

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #66 on: Mar 28, 2005, 03:40 PM »
Was up to Montreal Lake on saturday, we caught 13 pike all between 2-6 #'s. And one lonely walleye. We also lost 4 at the hole.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #67 on: Mar 28, 2005, 03:53 PM »
 I went fishing yesterday to the north end of Lastmountain Lake. It was a perfect day with no wind and + temps. I think the fish was relaxed as I was. I fished from 1:00pm to 5:30pm with only one little nibble, but no solid hits. I had my camera down for that length of time and the only fish I saw were 3 suckers, no pike perch or burbot at all. No one was catching at all anywere at the north end. This was one of the slowest winter I have ever had, has everyone had the same experiences, and why do you feel it was so?
 I think sunday may have been my last day on the ice.
 I would like to thank everyone on ice shanty for all the help and tip I received this ice fishing season, what a great bunch. ;D  Hope we all have a better open water season.
Good luck everyone, see you on my fish finder or on the water. ;)2

Water Wolf  <*)}}}>{

Offline friendly fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • keeping the fish on the line
« Reply #68 on: Mar 28, 2005, 08:58 PM »
was on last mountian lake and caught pike like crazy in the 3 days we were there the group caught 20 pike nothing smaller than 6 # they all ranged from 6 to 20 pounds what a great way to end the season hope we left enough for next season LOL  have a great new season people I'll see you on myfishfinder forum in the summer

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Mar 29, 2005, 07:57 AM »
I got 1 little doggie sunday morn but my friends did a little better......next winter we'll really have to get together someplace sort of central and have a bit of a party.
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Mar 29, 2005, 12:43 PM »
Nice bunch of fish friendly fishing. LOL you must have not been at the north end, where did you find that many pike? and what did they hit on? ???

Water Wolf

Offline friendly fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • keeping the fish on the line
« Reply #71 on: Mar 29, 2005, 06:22 PM »
water wolf that would be giving away a secret and I dont want to do that all I can say is that the pike are not as far north as every one is thinking and rivers are really nice this time of year for spawning pike find the river and find the pike

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Mar 30, 2005, 12:58 PM »
Hi friendly fishing, ty for the info. I know where you mean on the lake to try. I will have to give that area a try next winter. Have a good open water season and see you on mff. :)

Water Wolf

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.