Author Topic: Strictly business highlight reel  (Read 2286 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Strictly business highlight reel
« on: Apr 08, 2019, 10:31 AM »
I don’t think this comes off as a highlight reel however..the season lasted 19 weekends and I never missed one..we caught a ton of bass but the big ones eluded us for the most part..lunker smallie went 4 lbs 1 oz and lunker largemouth went 5 lbs 6 ozs..of course we had a ton of fun and spent a few mornings in the darkness due to the fact these young whipper snappers thought they could snag our spot every weekend..thanks to green shack for keeping me posted on ice conditions..see you folks on the flip side and who can ever forget that Winni derby wind.. also should mention we have another new member Rocky but unfortunately he’s not mine

when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Strictly business highlight reel
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2019, 10:39 AM »
Nice pics and bass Jibbs. Those "young whipper snappers" can be annoying glad I wasn't like that when I was young.  ::)

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2019, 10:50 AM »
Great season right there. Nice work.
Just add water.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2019, 10:51 AM »
Nice, sure was a great season. .that derby wind was epic, but those of us that fought through it were better men and women for it..
Nice pics.. Looks like you are ready to turn the page.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2019, 11:06 AM »
Nice pics and bass Jibbs. Those "young whipper snappers" can be annoying glad I wasn't like that when I was young.  ::)
they came down the first weekend and were disappointed to see us in their so called spot...they claimed they fished there every weekend for the last 5 years which would be impossible because we have been sitting in the spot for 15 years ....anyways those fellas got up early and beat us to the area even though we head down around 5 am...took a quad ride over and told those punks its now game on...we have one member who was sleeping in the lot overnight in his truck and when someone pulled into the parking area he had his side by side all loaded up and ready to go...they gave up after a few weekends on beating us there...it was kind of cool though to have a fire early morning and few pops of the doctor to wake up however...one of the best social seasons ever...
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2019, 11:21 AM »
they came down the first weekend and were disappointed to see us in their so called spot...they claimed they fished there every weekend for the last 5 years which would be impossible because we have been sitting in the spot for 15 years ....anyways those fellas got up early and beat us to the area even though we head down around 5 am...took a quad ride over and told they punks its now game on...we have one member who was sleeping in the lot overnight in his truck and when someone pulled into the parking area he had his side by side all loaded up and ready to go...they gave up after a few weekends on beating us there...it was kind of cool though to have a fire early morning and few pops of the doctor to wake up however...one of the best social seasons ever...

Great Story Jibbs! Old(er) vs. Young. They still have a lot to learn. :) I would do the same myself if someone was trying to get to a spot i usually fish. I have no problem getting up at 2 am and heading out just to secure. Glad Im not the only one. Get my lines in but not baited till an hour before sunrise etc...
Thanks for posting and putting up the pics. The puppy dog is beautiful.

I look forward to seeing the highlight reels.

Have a great summer! and be safe.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2019, 11:35 AM »
great post, way to stand your ground. I know a guy who risked losing his pop up hub to high winds for the derby just to stake our claim on a cove. Camping out in the lot that's dedication. Great pics.  :tipup:
Salmonemia

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2019, 12:27 PM »
they came down the first weekend and were disappointed to see us in their so called spot...they claimed they fished there every weekend for the last 5 years which would be impossible because we have been sitting in the spot for 15 years ....anyways those fellas got up early and beat us to the area even though we head down around 5 am...took a quad ride over and told those punks its now game on...we have one member who was sleeping in the lot overnight in his truck and when someone pulled into the parking area he had his side by side all loaded up and ready to go...they gave up after a few weekends on beating us there...it was kind of cool though to have a fire early morning and few pops of the doctor to wake up however...one of the best social seasons ever...

Did you draw straws to see who slept over? Doctor McGillicuddy? Intense Cherry is my pick of the litter.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Apr 08, 2019, 01:42 PM »
Sweet bud!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2019, 03:49 PM »
Good stuff man, great pics. Was a long season for sure. Nothing wrong with sleeping at the ramp, gotta do what ya gotta do lol... I've slept in my truck at the Umbagog ramp a few times in the summer, though never to stake a claim lol, just cause its easier to drive up after work on a Friday and sleep in the truck than it is to get up at 2 in the morning for the 4 hour ride, also way safer.. I've had some real white knuckle moments along the Andro on 16, I think the moose know your half asleep at 4:00 am and walk in the road just to test us.
Good looking pup too. Good luck with this years tournie season...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2019, 04:28 PM »
Did you draw straws to see who slept over? Doctor McGillicuddy? Intense Cherry is my pick of the litter.

the doctor can make for a brutal Sunday morning..no straws my buddy Justin never sleeps..he comes to camp and sleeps with his hat over his eyes in a chair..the man is nuts

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 09, 2019, 05:29 AM »
Nice work Jibbs! Some nice hogs there.
Its always great to see you out and about over at the spot a couple times a season. I didn't get around quite as much this season, but you guys killed it!
Here's to a great open water season for you! Best of luck.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 09, 2019, 06:43 AM »
great job and great story. it was a fantastic year looking back at pics. lets hope the spring and summer are equally as epic.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Apr 09, 2019, 06:44 AM »
Great pics!

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 09, 2019, 05:01 PM »
Nice season Jibbs...some hogs for sure  :tipup:
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Apr 11, 2019, 10:53 AM »
Agreed - great looking season... as usual... thanks for the highlight reels each year...

Good luck with the tourneys

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Apr 11, 2019, 02:41 PM »
Thanks for the kind replies ..man it’s a lot of work to fish for fun but so worth it..I found two good bass lakes in the lakes region but I know sooner than later I need to figure out trout fishing on the big lake..I just get off on those 36 traps spreads and the constant action..enjoy the summer folks and as you know it will be winter before we know it

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2019, 02:15 PM »
There ain't nuthin like a dawg.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.