Author Topic: No licence fishing required  (Read 1897 times)

Offline tarmitten

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Work is for people who don't know how to fish!!!
No licence fishing required
« on: Jan 21, 2007, 07:24 PM »
Here in Newfoundland, a licence is not required for ice fishing or any type of fishing in inland waters i.e. ponds, lakes etc.(except salmon fishing on certain licenced rivers with a fly) or coastal waters.   Is there another jurusdiction anywhere in "Ice Shanty Land" unique like that?   I have lived in Ontario, Manitoba, Yukon and NWT and have always needed to buy a licence.  How about other places? <<<>>>< Tarmitten ???
"My wife got a new ice auger for me...she said it was the best trade she ever made!!!"

Offline tarmitten

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Work is for people who don't know how to fish!!!
Re: No licence fishing required
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2007, 07:27 PM »
My topic should have read:  No Fishing Licence Required!
"My wife got a new ice auger for me...she said it was the best trade she ever made!!!"

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2007, 07:35 PM »
 We dont need a permit here in New brunswick depending on where you fish.On our 4 main lakes we dont need one because they have tides but any water thats not connected to them you need a license.
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2007, 07:38 PM »
Only on Free Fishing weekends in Michigan.  Two weekends a year, no license is needed in an effort to get more people interested in fishing.  This year, the weekends are February 16 and 17th and June 9th and 10th. 

Given good ice, I'll have a good half dozen new fisherpersons on the lake this year.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2007, 07:46 PM »
Only on Free Fishing weekends in Michigan.  Two weekends a year, no license is needed in an effort to get more people interested in fishing.  This year, the weekends are February 16 and 17th and June 9th and 10th. 

Given good ice, I'll have a good half dozen new fisherpersons on the lake this year.
Thats the way it is here in NY and PA we have free fishing days also :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2007, 08:37 PM »
We have free fishing days here in Maine too, we also alow kids to fish for free till the age of 16.

Offline fire209

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2007, 12:59 AM »
although its nice to have " free fishing days "  the licence helps pay for the restocking of the fish we catch .. but what i would like to see is the age that is required to be licenced  raised  so that  more kids may want to try fishing .. but then again we need to remove the video games first.....

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2007, 01:15 PM »
although its nice to have " free fishing days "  the licence helps pay for the restocking of the fish we catch .. but what i would like to see is the age that is required to be licenced  raised  so that  more kids may want to try fishing .. but then again we need to remove the video games first.....

In Michigan, the age is 17.  Below, you don't need a license, although they do have a $2.00 "Young Angler" card.

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2007, 02:48 PM »
My topic should have read:  No Fishing Licence Required!
  You are sooooo lucky...every year my husband and I pay $24 each for Alberta licenses, and because we live so close
to Saskatchewan, we pay $60 each for Non-Resident licenses to fish there....it is a big bit on a fixed income, because we are retired.
However, as soon as we turn 65, we get a break on the Alberta licenses...they are free for seniors. 
Winter is the time of year toward which all that has gone before
seems but a preparation....winter, a quiet acceptance of what is
to come....Sigurd F. Olsen

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2007, 03:05 PM »
I purchased three this year: NY, NJ, and AZ.   I guess I'm doing my part

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com