Author Topic: glow in the dark sticks  (Read 844 times)

Offline tarmitten

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Work is for people who don't know how to fish!!!
glow in the dark sticks
« on: Dec 27, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Down at the local buck or two store Ive noticed these small child-like ears rings which when the capsule is broken will glow in the dark.  They come in colours of flourescent brown, green or red. They are about an inch long and can be easily attached to an swivel or lure.   Has any one ever used them for trout fishing in the winter.   Would any species of fish be attracted to this sort of thing? 
Pax
Tarmitten in Newfoundland. <>>><
"My wife got a new ice auger for me...she said it was the best trade she ever made!!!"

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
Re: glow in the dark sticks
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2006, 09:05 AM »
No but it sounds interesting, make sure it's legal first
Try it and see
Be sure to let us know how they work
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline Kodiakman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start everyday as if it has a purpose.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2006, 09:21 AM »
Floresent Brown???  Never seen that before.  :o  Sounds interesting though.  Maybe with a sucker or deadbait under your tipup?

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2006, 09:38 AM »
I have used Lunker lites before and you slip a piece of plastic tubing over your line, then slide the lite into tubing so it holds the line tight and will slide some on line if you pull hard.
I thought they might work well for burbot who like glow things but they didn't seem to attract them anymore than glow lures.
I have heard some guys being sucessful with them when fishing 150 - 200 feet of water for lake trout. I'm sure its quite dark down there after 100 feet and beyond.

Offline holmes76

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • from P.G. in B.C.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2006, 10:58 AM »
ive used them in the summer when fishing for burbot at night...tape them to the end of my rod so i can see the rod tip bounce.works pretty good for that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.