Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608087 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #14880 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:08 AM »
Morning all,

Just lost a long post  :%$#!:

TT....thanks for the recipes  :bow:  i'll be watching the mailbox  ;D glad no freezing rain for you this go round  :)

Eddie.....careful on the ride home, could be messy  :o  glad you iced a few yesterday  :clap:

WS......safe travels today, go easy on the snow removal sir  :flex: :whistle:

IFF......hope the new meds get that leg cleared up  :)  work does tend to get in the way of the fun stuff  :icefish:

H2L.....x2 on MrC's suggestion of making the trip Valentine's Day  :thumbsup:  no need for gifts, just being together will be enough  :thumbsup: well maybe bringing some chocolate chip cookies wouldn't be a bad thing  :whistle: :woot:

IW.....tell Mrs IW I know just how she feels, slow and steady and she'll do fine with the snow removal   ;)

Weatherman says 8-12" of snow, freezing rain and windy today thru tomorrow morning  ::)  no snow yet just very windy  ::)  my dishwasher sprung a leak and flooded my kitchen last Thursday night, (no surprise since it's 40+years old)  :o >:(  guess today would be a good day to see about disconnecting that and checking some prices online  ;)2

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14881 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:00 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Jeff that's part of the mystery, doesn't show like a bruise, and don't remember doing anything that would cause a bruise. No pun intended, but just can't seem to put a finger on it. ::)

Back in 2011 I was picking up my son at his place and I was standing on uneven ground and my leg started cramping up. I don't know if it was the uneven ground or what
               but I couldn't walk very well afterwards. My Dr. sent me foe a sonogram to check it for blood clots.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14882 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:20 AM »
12 degrees this morning and no wind. Sure does look like none of us will miss out on this storm.

They removed the tube yesterday and from what all 3 Doctors have told her, plan on going home "late week". One even told her that she NEEDS to be out of the hospital. Since Oct. she has been there over 90 days during 4 visits. She is feeling very good, the new meds seem to be doing the trick. All I will have to do before she gets home is to get a boat anchor out to slow her down. She thinks she is going to come home and DO things. It will take time to get back into the swing of things. This IS NOT the time of year for her to be going out and about.

Eddie, hope you can get out of Dodge before the roads get too bad. I remember those 1 hour drives from Albany to Northville turning into 2 or more hours. Remember the Feb. 14th snow storm of ????, took me 4 hours to get home. Be Safe.

Everyone else be safe and have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14883 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:45 AM »
Looks like the turkeys are checking out the groceries. We have anywhere from 1-38 that come to visit 4-5 X a day. Sometimes they just stop long enough to look. Other times they stay and eat for 1/2 hour. Crazy birds :cookoo:

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14884 on: Feb 12, 2019, 08:07 AM »
It has started. It looks like I will spend a lot of time with the snow blower after it ends some time tomorrow. So far there are not that many power outages. They are all in the southern part of the state except for one in the northern part that might be from an outage waiting to happen from the last ice storm. It looks like I will have to bring the blower through the house to blow off the back deck.

The wife is waiting for a DRs office to open so she can cancel an appointment she has this after noon. She thinks she figured out that a new med has been the cause of her low blood sugars so she quit it. I ordered a couple of med refills yesterday. I told the gal that it might be a few days before I get down to pick them up as it is a 45 mile trip to get them. If I can not get there I can have my daughter in law pick them up as she works across the street. I have enough of them for next week anyway.

Eddie I have been friends with most of the CO's over at the other place for years. I used to take care of most of their beaver complaints. They all have been good guys. I ran into one of them that used to be over home that is ow in the county north of me at a sport shop. I called him by his first name and he gave me a weird look. I knew the name of a guy that had poached a deer where I lived at one time by the car that was seen leaving the scene. He was able to bust the kid. He realized who I was then.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14885 on: Feb 12, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, going to try this again. Earlier post disappeared. Waiting for the snow. The wife is home today which is a good thing.

Hunts2long hopefully your wife gets to go home soon. Better to recover at home then the hospital.

IFF hope your leg is feeling better and they can figure out what’s wrong.

Whopper stopper looks like the turkeys are having a good breakfast.

I hope everyone has a great day and we don’t get much snow.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14886 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:26 PM »
Just looked at the radar map, looked pretty nasty back there. and more on the way ? ???

Starting to think Doctor, translates to something like medical practice  ::) :whistle:
Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #14887 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:28 PM »
Evening, Folks

Monday was a light coating of snow, the roads were clear, Tuesday a.m. started the sleet/freezing rain, still going on now as I type, roads will slick in the a.m. here

Just have a lot of things going on here since last week, hopefully will end by the end of the week

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Happy Birthday-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14888 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:34 PM »
Good evening, Snow started here around 8:30AM, I went out and did some shoveling around 7PM snow had changed to sleet might see freezing rain before storm ends some time tomorrow morning.
Eddie it has been a while since I've made purchases at either Cabelas or Sportsman's Gude still get daily emails from both places. Glad you caught a few fish on your after work outing may the Econ officer catch the litter bugs. I will give it a week and then check at a local sporting goods store to see if they have received this year's copy of the book. If not will try contacting group that puts it out and see if it is possible to buy a copy from them.
Ice Wanderer may all work out with the insurance on your truck repair. Pulling for your wife to have a problem free snow blowing session.
Whopper Stopper hope the snow has stopped. Assume thyour wife is able to get into her workplace early or there is some type of deli,etc. she can stop in during her walk to pass time until building opens for the day.
Nice photo of the turkeys.
Wallyworld may you see the lower snow total. Guessing you will be getting a new dishwasher among your Valentine's day gifts.
Hunts2long great news on your wife once released may she be home for a long time.
Tom Turkey hope your power remained on during the storm.  I know your wife is a retired nurse still be careful with stopping medications.
Icefisher-45 good your wife was home today . Both of yu take your time with the snow clean up.
capt.Jim may next week be easier for you.

A safe night to all.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #14889 on: Feb 13, 2019, 02:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Appears the snow/sleet/freezing rain has passed. Looks like we picked up about another inch since I snow blowed last evening, so we received about 6-7’’...not too bad. Roads were in terrible shape on the drive home yesterday, 4wd was a nice option to have again.   :thumbsup:  23* and calm, high of 32 today.

Steve...best of luck finding a copy. If you think it’s carried by Fish307, let me know. Good chance I’ll be by there this weekend and pick one up for you.   :thumbsup:
  Capt.Jim...safe travels on the roads this am. Sounds like you’re keeping busy...that’s a good thing!  :clap:
  I-45... hope things are going well on your end Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Tom...can only think of one EnCon officer that was less than friendly. He has since retired, reminded me of Robert Blake having a bad day...every encounter.   ;D.  Be careful with the snow/ice removal today.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...beautiful shot of the turkeys, nice healthy looking group! They make for some great entertainment with some of the things they do in a big group. Hope the snow and winds have passed out your way now...good day for R & R by the wood stove perhaps.   :thumbsup:
  H2.... :clap: on the Dr.’s report and releasing her this week, that’s terrific news CONGRATULATIONS!!  :clap:
  Wally...curious, was the dishwasher an old GE model? They made some great long lasting products. Hope you didn’t get hit too hard with the snow and ice either yesterday....careful with cleanup today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...will be waiting to read how much snow/ice fell up your way, hopefully it wasn’t as much as expected. Anxious to hear how your wife’s snowblower experience went...I’m certain she had a good coach!  Hope all went well.   :thumbsup:
  Bud...are the new meds making any difference yet for you?

Slow go on the roads yesterday, it took me about 40 minutes longer to get home but that was ok. By the looks of others who spun out or crashed into things, it was a very small  price to pay.
  Understand we may be finishing up sooner than expected on the terrazzo. Seems someone dropped the ball again and didn’t  order nearly enough of the stones needed to complete this seasons quota.... :whistle:
  Warmer weather moving in this week...looks like some rain as well. Crossing fingers the slush isn’t too bad this weekend on the lakes. Hoping to get back after some Lakers without red lining the heart rate dragging gear.   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14890 on: Feb 13, 2019, 04:09 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                                It's 18* ans still snowing lightly, I believe the end is near. ???
                                Eddie........Isn't 4 WD great, if one has common sense they will never get stuck with it. Living in the higher elevations like we do
                        it's a must to have. :thumbsup: :flex: What will be the next project when you guys run out of the stone? ???
                                Steve....... My neighbor called last night and my wife was talking with him, he offered to plow our driveway, surprising enough my wife
                        told him that we were OK and that not to worry about us. I would have thought she would have jumped at the offer, what a trooper she is. :o
                                Wally.........When you get a new dishwasher you will be surprised to find that there is less room to hooking it up than the one that came
                        out. I replaced mine last spring and one of my sons just did his just a month ago. We both had the same issues in the hook up. :blink: I know
                        Mr. Wally is a handy guy but it is a little more difficult, good luck to him. :clap:
                                H2L...........I'm glad to hear your wife will be coming home soon. :thumbsup: :clap:
                                Marv..........There are a lot of Turkey breast in that picture, too bad you can't get a few for the freezer. lol :roflmao:
                                Tom..........Most of the Game wardens up in my neck of the woods are friendly as well, my friend that I fish with and I have tried helping
                        them with a few violators it's always good to be on their side. :flex:
                               Capt.Jim....I saw on the news where there were a lot of fender benders in and around down that way, be carful, it's the other guy you have to watch.
                               Snow started here yesterday about 1pm it looked like we got about 4 inches by 5pm, it's hard to tell just how much is out there now, I will
                       get a better idea when my wife goes out to snow blow.
                               I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out fishing or digging out.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14891 on: Feb 13, 2019, 05:10 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

+6 heading toward +20 with no snow in sight :thumbsup: We officially have 14" of snow on the ground.

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good day today, the weekend is sneaking up  :thumbsup:

IW best of luck to your wife wrestling the snow blower. Hope all goes well :thumbsup: A couple of years ago when I had the double hernia surgery my s-i-l blew 3 times for me. She always safely did it her own way although a couple of times I was going to give her tips but didn't. I can say when she was done the driveway never looked better ;D

WW our Maytag dish washer sprung a leak a couple of years ago after giving us 25 years of service. I could get all the parts except the one I needed, so we put the old gal on the curb. We ended up with a Kitchen Aid and couldn't believe how quiet it was. I am sure whatever brand you choose you will notice it too :woot:

mr.clean my wife has a key so no problem for her once she gets to work. Good luck on the book hunt :thumbsup:

I am off to the bus stop in a bit. When I get home I will have to run the blower one more time as last nights wind filled everything back in. I also have to make a Fleet Farm run to get some more corn for the turkeys. I couldn't get a picture but late afternoon there were 7 deer and 8 turkeys all feeding together. I just scatter the corn in the snow which slows them down with cleaning it up, I couldn't imagine how much would disappear if is was in a pile. Next year I am going to make an above ground structure to keep the deer out of it.

Hope you all have an excellent hump day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14892 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, We didn’t get as much snow as we thought we were going to get. The guy who plows us just left. Nice to see a young person who is proud of their work and does a good job. Roads look icy fortunately my wife is home again today. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14893 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:42 AM »
Good Morning everyone. 22* and some light snow right now.
Got out to the driveway at 4:30 so the daughter could get to work. After she left I cleaned up the rest of it. It's a pain to have to move the cars around. We got about 7 inches.

Just talked to the wife, they still haven't told her if it is today or Thursday. Thursday would be the better day as far as driving goes. If it is today, I hope they tell us by 9/10am.
She is doing well, just wants her "Get out of Jail" card.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14894 on: Feb 13, 2019, 07:05 AM »
Lake effect today. After I got my self blown out yesterday I went next door and blew the neighbors drive as the plow had really plugged it up. If he had actually put the blade down it would have been much worse. When I went to town to get blower gas there was a few inches of nasty stuff to drive through. After I took the blower on the back deck and blowing it clean I had shoveled it twice and it needs it again this morning. Hopefully this low pressure system moves out soon so we get some relief from the snow.

I had a good laugh yesterday. The neighbor kid out back was jerking on some thing that was froze down. He ended up falling on his kester. He was trying to get a ski on a snowmobile loose that has been setting since the sleet storm uncovered. He finally gave up. 

marv There were plans on our turkey hunters web site of a feeder made out of a garbage can that is used on a raised plat form so that the turkeys could have corn for a longer time. Sadly the web site is now down. A lot of the feeders the assn. has are back in swamps so that makes less work out of keeping them fed.

We replaced our dish washer a few years ago. It is a Whirlpool. The silver wear holder hangs off the bottom rack. It is not that big and it likes to fall off. It takes fore ever to get the dishes washed so I do not think it is that energy efficient. It does do a good job even getting the silver ware clean that is jambed in the holder.

When I was talking to the CO when I gave him the name of the poacher he told me where he was sitting to hear shots at night. He was sitting in front of the biggest poachers  place so he could not get out of his drive way. He also said that the guys father was trying to get a  permit to shoot from his car. I told him the guy was just trying to make what he has always done legal. The guy did not get the permit.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14895 on: Feb 13, 2019, 07:18 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....Yep it's a GE, harvest gold  :woot: :thumbsup:  it was original in the house that was built early 70s  :o  only thing we ever did to it was paint the front panel white when the fridge had to be replaced quite a few years ago  ;D  never get another one to last that long  :-\  glad you made it home safely  ;)

H2L.....great news on MrsH  :thumbsup: :clap:  hope this is the last time for a hospital stay  ;)  safe travels to NYC and home  :)

IW.....good for MrsIW facing the snowblower  :flex: :clap:  hope it goes smoothly for her  :)  I don't think MrWW is looking forward to the replacement job  :blink:  but he doesn't want to pay someone either  :-\ 

WS.....beautiful pic, thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:  glad to hear your weather has settled down a bit  :thumbsup:

CapJ....hope the roads are in decent shape today  :blink:  plows/sanders have been going all night here, most schools delayed a couple hours this morning  ::)  hope the rest of your week is quieter  ;)

TT.....hope the storm has left your area by now and roads are decent  :)  fingers crossed MrsTT's sugar hasn't been giving her any more problems  :-\

MrC.....we had snow till late afternoon then nothing but sleet/freezing rain by the bucketfull  :wacko: :cookoo:  it was still coming down hard at bedtime, turned back to snow by this morning, not sure what kind of project removal is going to be with all that ice on what looks like 6 or 7" of snow  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe. And guys......don't forget tomorrow is Valentine's Day   :whistle:    ;)2    ;D

Morning TT....you beat me to the post  :woot:  sorry to hear you're still getting dumped on  :(  guess that probably means more coming this way too  :-\

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14896 on: Feb 13, 2019, 10:50 AM »
Ugh....called out today....stomach feels like it got upset dealing with more than one at a time.  Think the water pill might have been the cause of the cramps I got in both legs.  Had sit in the recliner after supper, getting up the cramps hit, took a while to stretch them out so I could make it up the stairs.  Set the alarm, and just before it goes off, cramps back again figured I would be miserable at work.  Hope I can get it to all settle down.  Will eat something now, and try to get back to normal

Radar picture still has the North east pretty covered,  Thought it would have moved out by now.  Take care if thats what you have to deal with.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14897 on: Feb 13, 2019, 11:09 AM »

Good afternoon ER's
                         Well we ended up with just a foot of snow. ::) My wife lucked out this morning, the neighbor that called last night, backed in to our driveway
                around 7:30 this morning and plowed out the long stretch to the road. He left, then about a half hour later he came back up our driveway with his
                his snow blower and insisted on blowing our drive way. He did a great job, I tried to pay him but he wouldn't hear of it. I did persuade him to fill his
                blower with gas before he left. He said he'd be back later to shovel our walks and deck. My wife said he's done too much already, she is out there now
                snow blowing the walkways and deck, so he won't have to. I have a great neighbor.
                         Here's the wife doing the front walkway with the electric blower she gave me for Christmas.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14898 on: Feb 13, 2019, 02:11 PM »
 :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  Way to go Mrs. IceWanderer!!   :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14899 on: Feb 14, 2019, 01:08 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Valentines Day!
  24* winds in the teens this am, high of 34 today.

Jeff...darn nice of your neighbor to help out and do the plowing for you, good man!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud...hope you’re feeling better today!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...good luck with the new dishwasher and installation, hope the snow/ice removal wasn’t so bad yesterday.  Any fishing plans for today?   :thumbsup:
  Tom...wtg helping out your neighbor as well, I’m sure they appreciated that!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2... good road conditions now, safe travels to and from the City today if you’re picking up your wife. What a relief that must be for you both...best wishes sent!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the weather is better today out your way, and no more snow blowing for awhile.  :thumbsup:

Early start again today hammering out a new area. Guess they found another supplier for the stones we need out of NJ and a trailer load will be arriving at some point today. 
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14900 on: Feb 14, 2019, 03:01 AM »
Good morning gang and happy Valentine's day,

The Mrs and I had a fantastic time skiing in Vermont last weekend. The conditions were a little icy but the views were spectacular and we had a very enjoyable weekend.

I have been very busy at work this week trying to put out fires that keep popping up so I'm a little bit behind keeping up with everyone so I'll just leave it with this... hope everyone has a great day, feels better, gets dug out from snow, keeps warm, had good luck fishing, gets promoted at work, gets shot by Cupid, etc...  ;D

Hope you all have a great day. I will try to get some pics of the trip posted when I get a little more time
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14901 on: Feb 14, 2019, 04:21 AM »

Good morning Eddie, DFF, ER's,
                         It's 20* with light snow, it looks like an inch fell so far. Happy Valentines day. ::)
                         DFF..........Where in Vt. did you ski? ??? I'm glad you had a good time. :thumbsup:
                         Eddie........I guess that answers my question, more terrazzo.  :flex:
                         H2L..........I hope your wife can come home today. :thumbsup:
                         Marv.........How's your back holding up? ???
                         Wally........I don't blame Mr. WW, I don't like paying people to do what I can do. On the new dishwasher I bought it didn't say to remove the door
                for installation but it tells you how to. The problem I had and my son had was the door is closer to the floor than the old dishwasher and to hook up the
                power which is in the front of the machine, I had a tough time laying on the floor wiring in the power lead with one hand. In the instructions it said that
                there was two screws to take out to remove door but the screws were not where the diagram showed. :%$#!: :cookoo:
                         Tom.........You're a good man for helping your neighbor by clearing their driveway. :flex: :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
                         Not much going on today, my wife mentioned something about going to a movie, but I really don't want to walk around where there are a lot of
               people. Someone is bound to bump into my arm and I  just don't want to risk that. ::)
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14902 on: Feb 14, 2019, 05:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like it’s going to be in the 40s today.

Tom Turkey that was very nice of you to snow blow your neighbors driveway. Nice to see people helping other people out.

Hunts2long I hope you get to bring your wife home today.

IFF I hope your feeling better and your leg is feeling better.

Ice Wanderer How is your arm doing? Hoping for a speedy recovery.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one and that everyone has a Happy Valentine’s Day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14903 on: Feb 14, 2019, 05:33 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

24 for a high around noon and then dropping to 12 for the afternoon with winds and a dusting to boot.
No heavier snows in the forecast but everyday has a dusting.

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good one :thumbsup: I went through my blower yesterday so it is all ready for the next dumping :pinch:

IW nice picture of your wife in action :thumbsup: Pretty nice of the neighbor stopping in to help :thumbsup: My back is disappointing to say the least.  All the snow didn't help but I am thinking I may have to go in next week.

Bud hope your leg is feeling better, we need you back on the bike :thumbsup:

WW how are you holding up with the snow ??? Are you going to have to make a run to the hunting camp?

TT I will have to look for the above ground turkey feeder, the deer are hogging lots of the corn.

Not a lot going on today. Tomorrow we are heading over to the spearing lake in Wisconsin (Winnebago) to check out all the activity surrounding the sturgeon season. There are a few stops along the way that the girls want to make, we are planning on coming back on Sunday.

Yesterday I put a couple scoops of cracked corn out and watched the turkeys come and go all afternoon. About an hour before dark this flock of deer showed up...

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14904 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:30 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Valentine's Day !!!!!!!!! 

IFF.....hope you're feeling better today, better check in with your doc if not, maybe he can change your meds to something less upsetting   ;)

IW.....thanks for the installation tip, I'll pass that along  :)  I expect I'll need earplugs before the project's finished  :roflmao: :whistle:

WS.....another great pic  :thumbsup:  sorry to hear your back isn't improving  :'( (I won't be a nag and suggest you not wait to have it checked  :woot:)

H2L.....fingers crossed today's THE day, can't think of a better Valentine's present for you both  ;)2   safe travels

Eddie....looks like decent weather this weekend, any fishing plans for you and your boys ???

Deere....glad to hear you had a good time  :clap:

What a job shoveling yesterday, that freezing rain made the snow like cement  :%$#!: :wacko:  picked up a few more inches of powdery stuff and it's still coming down  ::)  took a ride to fishing camp in the afternoon, no shoveling needed there, guess the wind was blowing the right way to keep the roofs pretty much bare  :thumbsup: :clap:

Still need to shop for a dishwasher , might be a weekend plan  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14905 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:54 AM »
Unbelievable!! NO snow over night.  We had another 4 inches on the ground when I got up yesterday making for around 9 inches from that storm. When we were coming home from getting groceries I passed a  big road grader just before I tuned toward the house. it was not long and  it went by the house scraping the snow off of our road. I waited for him to go back through before I cleaned up the 4 inches of snow. I also went and cleared out what he had put in the mouth of the neighbors drive way.

A little about these neighbors. He is  the woman's second husband, her first one was a controlling jerk. I have never seen a more happy couple in my life. He is retired from the Air Force. We could not wish for  better neighbors. Sadly they are  looking to sell this summer and move to be closer to her mother.

WS I will see if I can find how they made the feeder out of a garbage can. It is a gravity feeder. There is a guy from Michigan pasting live from Winnebago. There is only one lake in Michigan where it is legal to spear sturgeon. The number allowed to be taken is small so some years the season only lasts a few hours. There is a group that patrols the streams where they spawn to keep the fish from being poached.

IW That is what good neighbors are all about, helping each other out. I thnk you found that out. That is an interesting blower your wife is using. Maybe I can get the wife to buy me one like it so she can blow off the back deck. ;D
When I bought the dish washer to replace the old one I had to hire the instalation done as this old body would not allow me to do it. After being able to do almost any thing it is hard to have to hire some one to do what I used to be able to do. I want to redo the one bathroom as I have a big walking shower sitting in the garage. Not being able to do it all my self is holding me back. 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14906 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:38 AM »
Mid 20's and light snow.
SHE IS HOME!!!!!! Left here a little before 10am and got home about 9pm. Then the nurse came with the two new meds that she has to use her PICC line for. This morning was "fun" getting everything in order. It will take a day to get everything back to normal. I know neither of us are use to 20 hour days.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14907 on: Feb 14, 2019, 10:10 AM »
Yay!!!! So happy for you both H2L !!!!!  Happy Valentines Day !!!!!! Give MrsH a BIG hug from all of us!!!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14908 on: Feb 14, 2019, 10:16 AM »

H2L.......What a great Valentines Day present for the both of you. I bet she's happy to be home. :clap: :thumbsup:

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14909 on: Feb 14, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Congratulations h2l, what a perfect day to get her home :clap: :clap:

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.