Author Topic: Any info on ice conditions on Alexander Lake+  (Read 856 times)

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
Any info on ice conditions on Alexander Lake+
« on: Jan 29, 2018, 11:09 AM »
I have a friend that lives on Alexander Lake that wants to learn how to icefish. I've never been there so I don't have a feel for the place. I'd ask her to check it but she doesn't have any ice gear of her own (I always bring my spud bar no matter how good I hear that the ice is, but if the ice is too bad I'd appreciate any tips that could save me a wasted trip).

Of course, this being her first experience ice fishing I'd probably try a place I'm familiar with and get a lot of flags like a pond full of slimedarts.

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Any info on ice conditions on Alexander Lake+
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2018, 01:09 PM »
My cousin has been fishing it for the last few Friday's....Not sure where on the lake he fishes.   He said only 5 inches this past Friday.   Private lake your lucky you know someone, can't get on otherwise :-\....  Nice rainbows.....
The only time I learn something is when I'm not talking.

Offline icetilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2018, 03:43 PM »
When the state stocked it I used to fish it all the time. Ice can be tricky there due to all the springs. With that being said the lake association stocks it with 1k dollars worth of trout a year so there are rainbows in there that are nice as it doesn't get much pressure. Let me know what part of the lake you're going to be fishing. It has decent perch, large mouth , pickerel and smallies just depends where you're fishing. It's a deep clear lake with not a lot of weed.

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2018, 05:26 PM »
I worked at at least 6houses on North shore drive and wouldn't spit on that place. I have access whenever I want. Dink bass and sub par trout fishing

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2018, 07:45 PM »
I'll give it a try since I have a chance to fish there- getting skunked or catching tiny fish in a new lake is a nice change of pace from getting skunked on my regular lakes and ponds  ;D

I'm not sure which part of the lake we'll fish. I have a map of it (Fisheries Guide to Lakes and Ponds of CT is awesome) and have given it a glance. I might be lazy and fish near her house.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.