Author Topic: kenosia danbury  (Read 4364 times)

Offline Capn Ez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: kenosia danbury
« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:26 AM »
Took my 7 year old out yesterday. She hung in there for an 11 hour day. Tipups were constant and lots of fish jigging. We got 34 fish (she *had* to keep an exact count) with a few nice ones in the mix. She was super proud to have handled and carefully released every one we got. She got a 4lb bass which was the nicest fish of the day.

It was definitely losing ice throughout the day and was snow-free and wet by sundown. After this week it'll be rotten I'm guessing.
My mission is goin' fishin'.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:15 PM »
Nice job.  Healthy looking fish!

Offline te-pe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:16 PM »
hey yall just had to reply after 2 year post...went to the lake today with a great group and had a good time on good ice and pretty good fishin on an awesome day....that is what its all about..peace..........

Offline Capn Ez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 28, 2018, 05:43 AM »
We definitely lost half the ice and it's starting to get rotten. 4-5" of grey ice yesterday. Slow fishing too.

To the guy in the black Chevy pickup... Not cool blocking the entire road to the lake and your leaking oil left a nice slick that was running right into the lake when you left. I sopped up what I could with paper towels but geez, man, you did everything wrong. That's why we get shut out of places.
My mission is goin' fishin'.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:30 PM »
Thats poor form sorry to hear.  Nice that you guys are enjoying the place.  Plenty of ice up north.

Offline Squirtx16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 29, 2018, 05:16 AM »
Here’s a head up stop calling and asking no your not supposed to be on it and yes they will ask you to leave it has happen to us a few times. But by people calling and asking your just drawing attention just fish and if asked leave. Aslo Kenosia is used to fill West lake up over the hill and I can’t believe that’s a reservoir usd for drinking water with a golf course running along side of it. How much chemicals does a golf course use to keep their grass in tip top shape... maybe that’s why there slabs in there.

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 29, 2018, 12:21 PM »
It's just weird that people would choose to fish a lake that's supposed to be off limits.  ::)

How many lakes in CT are not in this category?? A ton of lakes.

Maybe it's that old saying that "people want what they can't have". Weird.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.