Author Topic: Wethersfield Cove 12-30-09!  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wethersfield Cove 12-30-09!
« on: Dec 30, 2009, 08:23 AM »
I had to open the shop this morning so I didn't have time to fish but I did a little scouting in the area.  ;D Wethersfield Cove IS GOOD TO GO! The river is still a bit high but dropping fast...

I knew the ice (should) would be good but I was concerned with the edges. They were fine. I parked on the access road just to the south of the barn closest to DMV. I was able to walk right on, the edges were perfect. I drilled a line of holes almost 300 yards out into the field of mooring balls and had a consistent 4 3/4" of clear, black ice the whole way out.

With the weather pattern in the forecats, it looks like the ice on the cove is finally here to stay. If I can get out of the shop at a reasonable hour, I will head down there for some jigging this afternoon. Josh is fishing down south on a smaller cove and was able to get on there as well. Andrew is going to check Wrights cove for us this morning. I suspect that is also good but I'm waiting to hear for sure....  ;)

FLAG!!!!!!  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wethersfield Cove 12-30-09!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:10 AM »
 :clap:
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline hrdwtr24

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:51 AM »
Thanks for the Info Blaine.. I was going to PM you and ask.. want to hit it tomorrow. at sunrise..Bob..

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:05 AM »
Thanks for the Info Blaine.. I was going to PM you and ask.. want to hit it tomorrow. at sunrise..Bob..

Get your bait tonight, we open at 9 tomorrow  ;)

Offline deafice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2009, 03:20 PM »
thank for drilling  a line of holes i use the same hole you drill  ;D  did get a few  where your bait shop i look  for it  could not find it on my gps. :'(

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2009, 03:30 PM »
We're about a mile from the cove  ;) We're at 512 Silas Deane Hwy exactly in between Rt3 and Rt 15. If you know the Silas at all, we're a mile north of City Fish on the same side

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2009, 04:47 AM »
Still not sure about the area near the channel, but there were guys fishining alllllll the way in the back yesterday. I stopped down and fished for an hour or so late yesterday afternoon and there were 13 guys out there at one point. Most of the action was on jigs but I did see a few flags as well.

Offline deafice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2009, 03:12 PM »
I did very well  today  had 4 yellow perch  1 small bass  7  small pike  one was about 21 inch. I had flags for about 3 hours. I jig up so  bait fish. had jig up one white perch  had allot fun  today  went  not close to the  two of the pole and the cove that run in the river it was 5 inch  to  4 inch i just back off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.