The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: dun the fat lady sang  (Read 16099 times)

Offline BUFFORT T JUSTICE

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ICE FISHING 4 EVER!!!!
Re: dun the fat lady sang
« Reply #90 on: Mar 08, 2017, 06:54 PM »
I thought I just check in one last time.
I thought the site would be dead.
Boy was I wrong.
You guys are having a great time!!!!!
Your a great bunch of guys.
Enjoy.
SEE you all next season.
SPONG BOB
SHOOT ALL THE BAD GUYS,,LET GOD SORT THEM.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #91 on: Mar 08, 2017, 09:07 PM »
Well Ruttnutt it looks like we have a VERY GOOD chance of being out on the ice coming mid week or next weekend.  Bring on the ice, I'm ready to drill and jig.   ;D

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Mar 09, 2017, 02:13 PM »
I thought I just check in one last time.
I thought the site would be dead.
Boy was I wrong.
You guys are having a great time!!!!!
Your a great bunch of guys.
Enjoy.
SEE you all next season.
SPONG BOB

LOL! Thanks- You too!  @)   Yeah, Chris and I look to be the last 2 hold-outs...........................................  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Mar 09, 2017, 02:23 PM »
LOL! Thanks- You too!  @)   Yeah, Chris and I look to be the last 2 hold-outs...........................................  ;)

yep, there's almost 13,000,000 people in PA, and yer the only 2 that think there will be walkable ice on a lake in PA. If yer gonna walk out onto a lake any time soon, wear yer waders. ;D

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #94 on: Mar 09, 2017, 04:25 PM »
Well one thing is for sure, we are the definition of diehards and set the standard for all others.  I'm sure Ruttnutt and I aren't the only two people in the state that are hoping we'll be able to ice fish again this season.  Heck, if I could I'd ice fish every day of the year. 

Offline keith hess

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Mar 11, 2017, 10:34 AM »
I am number 3 stranger thing's happen.

Offline icefishermik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Mar 11, 2017, 01:56 PM »

yep, there's almost 13,000,000 people in PA, and yer the only 2 that think there will be walkable ice on a lake in PA. If yer gonna walk out onto a lake any time soon, wear yer waders. ;D
spider 1,  you must not like these guys very much to suggest that they wear waders. They will fill up and sink them to the bottom. Not a good idea if you're going out on sketchy ice. I know you were just joshing. Just sayin'.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Mar 12, 2017, 06:02 AM »
This cold snap is good for nothing,no it won't make fishable ice and yes it's keeping me from getting limits of jumbo perch in  P.I. bay. I always did hate March.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Mar 12, 2017, 05:38 PM »
I am number 3 stranger thing's happen.
I am number 4. I can remember tuskarora making  5" ice the first week of feb this year. Yet all the other lakes this far east stayed open water. Its possible somewhere in this state. You could get safe ice again. It will be short lived. But possible  :tipup:

Offline charger7022

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Mar 12, 2017, 06:58 PM »
I agree someone will be on ice by the end of the week into the weekend!

Offline JTTOOCOOL

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH TILL IT HURTS!!!
« Reply #100 on: Mar 12, 2017, 07:32 PM »
Wayne County is our only hope...MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED!!! Not ready to call it quits!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Mar 13, 2017, 05:08 AM »
spider 1,  you must not like these guys very much to suggest that they wear waders. They will fill up and sink them to the bottom. Not a good idea if you're going out on sketchy ice. I know you were just joshing. Just sayin'.

eh... they're ok... I guess.  ;D

Actually, that's a bit of a myth about waders filling with water will make you sink. Water weighs the same, inside or outside waders. Plus neoprene waders with a wading belt will keep a lot of water out of the suit. But, I was only kidding... but then again. what I was saying is that first step is gonna be a wet one. They won't get too far out onto the ice. But honestly, with all this cold we've been getting there might be a couple inches of ice depending how much direct sun the area they walk out on was getting... but starting tomorrow it's gonna be covered with a foot or 2 of snow. No matter how much ice and snow is out there, be very careful. We've seen way too many guys die this year for a couple pan fish. just saying.

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #102 on: Mar 13, 2017, 06:46 AM »
Walked on ice just one time this year  just to ck ice had 31/2. Ins.   Of ice I did not fish it...the  next day was heavy rain then temps went to hi 50s then 60s..... so it was time to get boat ready...was on the water 2 times in February a 1st. For me in  Pennsylvania...I do hope was a just 1  bad winter...and not a start of something bad....for  us ...to come....
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline supervdl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Mar 13, 2017, 07:31 AM »
I was hoping with more than a week of cold weather there is a chance we might get good enough ice in the higher elevations for next weekend. But I think the 2 feet of snow in the forecast will screw it up.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Mar 13, 2017, 07:44 AM »
Well one thing is for sure, we are the definition of diehards and set the standard for all others.  I'm sure Ruttnutt and I aren't the only two people in the state that are hoping we'll be able to ice fish again this season.  Heck, if I could I'd ice fish every day of the year.

Dang Chris! What have we done???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #105 on: Mar 13, 2017, 08:50 AM »
I don't know but one thing's for sure, we're some VERY DEDICATED ice fishermen that just happen to like to have fun and joke around.  On a serious note I've been watching two lakes, one has been capped over since Thursday and the other was still open.  I'm thinking all this snow could actually be a blessing for the open lake because the snow will land in it, cool it off, and form slushy ice which will freeze solid with the cold temps.  I'm not saying it's definite but it's something to consider and watch to see what happens.  Worst case we're still SOL best case is it works out and we get another day or two on the ice. 

Offline lisalisa47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #106 on: Mar 13, 2017, 09:25 AM »
I was just wondering if anybody knows of a online open water tournment similar to this forum?. I had awesome time reading and seeing all the fish/stories/new products etc...

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #107 on: Mar 13, 2017, 09:26 AM »
Check out www.Myfishfinder.com, it's the sister site to this one and most of us are over there also.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Mar 13, 2017, 09:56 AM »
I don't know but one thing's for sure, we're some VERY DEDICATED ice fishermen that just happen to like to have fun and joke around.  On a serious note I've been watching two lakes, one has been capped over since Thursday and the other was still open.  I'm thinking all this snow could actually be a blessing for the open lake because the snow will land in it, cool it off, and form slushy ice which will freeze solid with the cold temps.  I'm not saying it's definite but it's something to consider and watch to see what happens.  Worst case we're still SOL best case is it works out and we get another day or two on the ice.

All of the lakes in our immediate area of Pike Co. have been capped as of yesterday. Not sure of thickness, though. Did not get a chance to check. Will be interesting to see what this snow does. You're right though, at this point we got nothing to lose!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Mar 13, 2017, 10:30 AM »
you try walkin out on any ice right now and you'll have plenty to lose, LOL!

lisalisa47, you can try myfishfinder. Like Chris said, it's the softwater sister site to this one. But I know you'll find at least 2 guys over there that's still thinkin about hardwater, lol! :icefish:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Mar 13, 2017, 11:22 AM »
LOL!  ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #111 on: Mar 13, 2017, 02:11 PM »
lisalisa47, you can try myfishfinder. Like Chris said, it's the softwater sister site to this one. But I know you'll find at least 2 guys over there that's still thinkin about hardwater, lol! :icefish:

Yep, Ruttnutt and I.   ;D

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #112 on: Mar 13, 2017, 06:01 PM »
There is not going to be any more icefishing in pa after this snow.  If we get what they are saying we will in the areas that there could be sliver of hope to even have safe ice. 

Your not going to be able get to the ice plus it's going to soak up water and honeycomb. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Mar 15, 2017, 05:04 AM »
I got abot 20" of snow. I spent the whole day hanging out with my snowblower >:(

even the few diehards are gonna have to hang it up after this.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Mar 15, 2017, 07:28 AM »
The official report for Pike Co. was 26-30". To tell you the truth, I don't know if we got 26 or30 due to all the blowing/drifting. But does it really matter after you get past the 24" mark???!!!  ::)  Glad my shoveller is home for Spring Break! We shoveled for 2 hrs AFTER the plow guy left! He had a full size Dodge Ram and had a hard time plowing the driveway!  :o

I hate to say it, but I hear some singing............... ...................... .....
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #115 on: Mar 15, 2017, 09:15 PM »
even the few diehards are gonna have to hang it up after this.

Only if I can't find an air boat to get on the lakes with.   ;D

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Mar 16, 2017, 07:01 AM »
LOL! Airboat............... ...................... .......hadn't thought of that!  :o
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #117 on: Mar 16, 2017, 07:16 AM »
no Rutt, putting a fan on the back of yer clam won't get you out on the ice.  ::)

Chris, stop givin him ideas please. You'll never forgive yerself if he gets hurt! LMAO!!!

Offline clhuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Mar 16, 2017, 09:31 AM »
So guess what. We didn't get that much snow here in north central maybe 5" most.   If all this wind blew it off. I really do think I'm able to get on next week sometime.  I see more lows in the teens next week.     

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #119 on: Mar 16, 2017, 10:36 AM »
no Rutt, putting a fan on the back of yer clam won't get you out on the ice.  ::)

Chris, stop givin him ideas please. You'll never forgive yerself if he gets hurt! LMAO!!!

LMBO!  ;D 

OK-I just found an old industrial strength fan here at work. Now I just have to find a looooooooooooooooooooo ooooong extension cord!   ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.