Author Topic: Strikemaster Lithium 40V Auger  (Read 4306 times)

Offline zforste1

• IceShanty Rookie
Strikemaster Lithium 40V Auger
« on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:09 AM »
Anyone using the Strikemaster Lithium 40V auger? I am considering it but i don't see any additional accessories for it at Cabelas. I.E storage bag, extensions. Also, i have heard that they aren't so good at re-opening frozen holes. I fish out of my hard side for a good portion of the year so opening old holes happens every other trip. Any info you have would be welcomed. Thanks.
"Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a day, don't teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He's a grown man and fishing isn't that hard" - Ron Swanson

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Strikemaster Lithium 40V Auger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:18 AM »
All the standard ice auger accessories that fit SM gas augers(bit..bag ..extensions) should work even after market..this video shows how to open old holes with a lazer bit gas auger..but should work with lithium with practice

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:25 AM »
I re-open holes all the time with mine. Works great even in 20+” of ice.

Offline KenH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2019, 06:48 PM »
I have had one for two years and no issues, will not be going back to gas

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2019, 10:47 AM »
I'd like to hear from people on the prairies who fish in really cold weather (<-20 C)  on really deep ice (>30 inches).  I'm very interested in going electric. 
Get outside.  It does a body and mind good!

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2019, 02:22 PM »
I have had one for two years and no issues, will not be going back to gas

Ken, how many holes have you been able to do before the battery  died? and how does it handle when the ice is over 3ft thick?

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2019, 02:55 PM »
I'd like to hear from people on the prairies who fish in really cold weather (<-20 C)  on really deep ice (>30 inches).  I'm very interested in going electric.

I've been doing this for 5 years now with my m18 fuel, clam plate and numerous different bits.  Will never go back to recoils and carburetors.

Offline KenH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2019, 07:55 PM »
Ken, how many holes have you been able to do before the battery  died? and how does it handle when the ice is over 3ft thick?

Last year when we had 3 plus feet of ice I could get if I remember correctly around 25 holes per charge which is more than I am capable of drilling. Earlier in the year we were getting 65-70 holes on a charge in 20 inches of ice.

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2019, 08:49 AM »
Last year when we had 3 plus feet of ice I could get if I remember correctly around 25 holes per charge which is more than I am capable of drilling. Earlier in the year we were getting 65-70 holes on a charge in 20 inches of ice.

That's impressive. I recently bought a clam plate for early ice and was impress by the weight for ripping holes. Was thinking about moving towards fully electric just to save my back and those minus 30 days when the auger doesn't like to start.

Offline rochee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2019, 02:25 PM »
Got my Strikemaster earlier this year when bonus battery was included and will not go back to gas.

Lighter, no pulling recoil, no fuel, no fumes, or warming up.

Has reverse if ever jammed.

Did 60+ holes per charge with 20" ice now with 30" ice did 35 on 1 charge.

Just take 2 batteries.

The answer when health issues hold you back.

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2019, 02:34 PM »
has anyone used the k-drill?  it looks light and easy to haul around.  I was leaning towards the k drill vs other electric for the simple reason that I can put the drill in my back pack while on the sled.  Flighting is plastic so has no weight.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2019, 03:48 PM »
Strikemaster all day long. I have a 10” so I don’t get quite that many holes, but it’s burned through 2’ plus for the past month and a half fiethout issue. Through 2’ plus I usually get about 30 holes with the 10”. Best ice fishing purchase I have made yet besides a sour bar and float suit.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2019, 04:08 PM »

My bud is a rep and he let me use it on an 8” screw , great piece of equipment and reverse is nice feature

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Just wait until strikemaster discontinues it like they did the 50 volt battery n unit.  Would never a trust a company that discontinues a product after one year and doesn't help their customers out with a swap for the 40 volt.  Obviously terrible quality control if they brought a 50 volt to market and decided to discontinue it after a year.  Prob something that should have been realized well before bringing the product to the consumers.
westernmas on the finder

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2019, 05:12 PM »
has anyone used the k-drill?

i bought one a couple years ago to open up old holes in my permy.  works great for that but haven't put the shack out the last few years so will be selling my 8" k-drill (with a new spare set of blades, p.m if interested).  m18 fuel turns it no problem.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2019, 05:13 PM »
 also, i love the drill auger but would consider the s.m if a good enough deal comes along.

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2019, 10:57 AM »
Quote from: ran7ger
i bought one a couple years ago to open up old holes in my permy.  works great for that but haven't put the shack out the last few years so will be selling my 8" k-drill (with a new spare set of blades, p.m if interested).  m18 fuel turns it no problem.

I tried to send you a pm but your inbox is full.  you can send me a message once you clean your inbox out with price and location.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.