Author Topic: Finding fish info  (Read 2237 times)

Offline mdredneck

• IceShanty Rookie
Finding fish info
« on: Jan 19, 2015, 07:49 AM »
I fish in a resivor that has no weed beds in it and very step sides with only one flat that is only a few feet deep. The only structure I know of is step points and I fish them all with only success only with perch. It seams that once it freezes thats the only thing you can catch except for the occasional gill. I know the crappies are there because in the spring when the water is up you can find them in flooded timber but since the resivor is low now there is no structure to fish. Any suggestions????????????

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Finding fish info
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2015, 11:33 AM »
Find the food source for them. Sounds easy enough but it's going to require hundreds of holes and a lot of time but worth it in the long run. They're eating something and reacting to its actions, moving great distances in open water is no big thing for them and they'll do it to survive. May wish to consider any deep(ish) mucky areas where the phytoplankton and asst. small stuff are active during the day and draw the smaller minnows that feed on them which in turn draws the predators. It's a food chain thing and you need to explore it to figure it out, There're no hard, one approach answers all deal, every lake is unique in some way and stays that way until someone takes the time and effort to figure it out.  They may even be deep in that timber

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.