Author Topic: OTTER XTH PRO LODGE POP UP  (Read 9956 times)

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
OTTER XTH PRO LODGE POP UP
« on: Oct 15, 2017, 08:22 PM »
Hey all !! Can anyone please give me their opinion on the OTTER XTH PRO LODGE POP UP . Thank in advance .

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: OTTER XTH PRO LODGE POP UP
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2017, 11:49 PM »
The OTTER XTH PRO LODGE is new for 2017/18 . I ordered it today . Should receive it in a few days .Here are the specs and  new improvements .

OTTER XTH PRO LODGE
4-5 Person Hub Style Shelter.
Includes: ThermalTec Shell | Frame System | 2 Overhead Cargo Nets | Anchor Tie-Down Kit | Carry Bag

Setup: 76″ H x 99″ W (Hub-to-Hub)
Bottom: 96″ x 96″
Collapsed: 68″ L x 12″ W x 12″ H
Weight: 42 Lbs
Number of Sides: 4
Footage: 64 Sq Ft.

Features:

Patent Pending Otter THERMALTEC 600 Denier Fabric Layer System  (Light Blocking/Wind Stopping Outer Shell with a Quilted Thermal Inner Shell)
Triple Layer Shell Provides the Perfect Combo of Durability, Warmth & Reduced Condensation
Extreme Duty 11 MM Poles
Reinforced Corners
Wide Base for Maximum Fishing Area
Front Dual Coil Zippered Entry Door
Combination Daylight/Lookout Removable TPU Windows with Insulated Covers
Interior Wide Bottom Storage Pockets and Exterior Tie-Down Strap Pockets
Interior Rod/Tool Holders
2 Interior Overhead Cargo Storage Nets
2 Propane Hose Ports with Hook and Loop Flaps
Removable License Holder
Exclusive Ice-Lock Anchoring System
Anchor Tie-Down Kit
HD Nylon Wind Anchor Straps with Adjustable Quick Release Buckles
Exclusive Nylon Packing Strap with High Compression Quick Release Buckle
900 Denier Oversized Carry Bag (Poly-Lined for Added Protection & Quicker Packing

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2017, 12:03 AM »
Here is more info on complete line.

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2017, 10:06 AM »
I hope you get plenty of responses on this as I am considering the same hub for this year.  If I recollect correctly, when the Otter hubs first came out they had some issues with the door zippers.  Hopefully someone will report those issues were addressed. 

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2017, 10:19 AM »
Someone correct me if I am wrong.  The first versions came out with a single zipper door.  In this single zipper model the teeth would skip in the curved part of the door.   On the new models there are two zippers that meet a point eliminating the curve in the zipper.  Guessing all good to go now.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2017, 02:57 PM »
Someone correct me if I am wrong.  The first versions came out with a single zipper door.  In this single zipper model the teeth would skip in the curved part of the door.   On the new models there are two zippers that meet a point eliminating the curve in the zipper.  Guessing all good to go now.

You are correct, the first versions had the single zipper door which caused the zipper to miss the teeth on the bend.  Not good.  These new pop-ups are what the first generation should be.  I was the first to post my review of my XTH Resort a couple years ago on IC and I literally used it 2 times due to the poor ice season up here in Ohio.  I'm mad at myself for not waiting for one of these.  I'm just waiting on my zipper to fail when I really begin to use it, but the part that sucks is that I'm now out of my warranty period...I may contact Otter to see if they have a satisfaction guarantee or something.

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2017, 08:45 PM »
Well guys I received my Otter today. Im very disappointed . The zippers still skip. Many of the Velcro is sewn in the wrong places . The windows hardly line up with many gaps. What a let down

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2017, 08:57 PM »
I was considering this hub or maybe even the Resort but no longer.  Ill make do with my old Summit for another season.  Thanks for the update.  I have several Otter Outdoor products that are great and was hoping to hear positive feedback.  Supposedly they have great customer service...I guess there is still time to give them a chance to resolve this before the season begins.  Good luck.  Please keep us posted

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2017, 09:28 PM »
Look into the clam shacks, had mine for 3 years and really like it so far. Buddy of mine had an earlier model and had issues with zippers but they improved them on the one I have. With I had an insulated one but other than that it's great for bigger groups or when you need a bit more space. Clam xl200 I believe.

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2017, 12:09 AM »
I have a Clam Jason  Mitchell 5000 Thermal hub. I really like it . I had the Clam Bigfoot XL 4000 Thermal. It was a complete mess. Stitching kept coming undone. Panels were sewn on crooked. The zipper handles kept bending and breaking. With all the hype otter was getting I figured this would be the perfect tent. The features, Otter has  improved upon, are impressive. Full length vertical windows to be able to see tip ups, tie down straps at the base and the tent walls. built in rod holders . Over head storage nets. Propane hose outlets to facilitate the propane tank to be outside. The skirting around the tent is amazing.  Its just unfortunate the quality of workmanship is very poor. I've emailed customer service at Otter . Hopefully they will live up to their reputation. Another made in China product.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2017, 07:13 AM »
I just don't get why they're allowing these hubs to hurt their reputation like this.  I bought my XTH Resort based solely on reputation of the brand, as everyone says Otter is hands-down the best.  I never even saw one in person before I plunked down my $500. When I got mine, I was very disappointed (still am).  Even the dimensions on the box didn't match their dimensions they had listed on their website.  I had to email them for them to correct their website.  For goodness sakes, why not at least put a quality zipper on??  I just don't get it...

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Oct 21, 2017, 12:36 AM »
Hello all. Otter customer service was amazing to deal with. When they saw the pictures of the shelter they were shocked. They have asked for the tent to be shipped back to them ,at their expense, to show the manufacturing company ,the lack of quality control. They are sending me a new shelter. I will update the quality once the new one arrives  .  ;D

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 21, 2017, 12:57 AM »
Hello all. Otter customer service was amazing to deal with. When they saw the pictures of the shelter they were shocked. They have asked for the tent to be shipped back to them ,at their expense, to show the manufacturing company ,the lack of quality control. They are sending me a new shelter. I will update the quality once the new one arrives  .  ;D

I’m glad to read this.  I hope they get the quality issues addressed ASAP!  A great reputation takes years to build, but only the blink of an eye to ruin.  I hope the replacement shelter they send you lives up your expectations!  The photos you posted are clearly of shoddy, careless work!
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Icephishwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 24, 2017, 09:34 PM »
Anyone see these set up in a store yet?
Was about to pull the trigger on the cabin
Now still shopping for an insulated 2 man hub
Hope we get some more hands and eyes on these hubs!

Offline Icephishwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 29, 2017, 08:44 PM »
 ;D

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 29, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Anyone see these set up in a store yet?
Was about to pull the trigger on the cabin
Now still shopping for an insulated 2 man hub
Hope we get some more hands and eyes on these hubs!

I was in Scheels the other night and looked at the Otter XTH Lodge first hand.  I checked the zippers and window flap fit and finish.  On that particular floor model everything looked really good.   Looked like a well constructed hub.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 30, 2017, 08:39 AM »
I sent an email to Otter about my XTH resort on 10/21 and haven't heard anything back.  I sent a follow-up email this morning, so we'll see.  They told me back in 2015 that they would make sure I was happy and I think the only thing that would make me happy is to exchange it for one of these newly designed shacks.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #17 on: Oct 30, 2017, 10:14 AM »
I sent an email to Otter about my XTH resort on 10/21 and haven't heard anything back.  I sent a follow-up email this morning, so we'll see.  They told me back in 2015 that they would make sure I was happy and I think the only thing that would make me happy is to exchange it for one of these newly designed shacks.
i recall your sharing your experience with us about the zippers. seems like they had too many teeth on the inside of the curved areas of the door panels.
your pictures and post should still be here. maybe dig that up and email them the link for it or bring it back from the dead so we can rehash it for them to see it.

the way it is now after reading all of this, there is no way they would get any of my money.

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Oct 31, 2017, 11:46 PM »
Well guys I received my replacement shelter today. I'm at a loss for words. Otter customer service has to be the best I've ever dealt with.They defenately have a quality control issue. The factory is having a problem on where to sew the Velcro on to the shelter. I have attached a few pictures. Guys I would like it to be known that I have other Otter products that are awesome with no issues . Too bad :(

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 01, 2017, 12:07 AM »
Looks worse than the original. Sorry to see that and that you have to let down again. Otter has been good to me over the years as well.  What are your thoughts on how they anchor the tent down to the ice on The new design? I’m not sure I like it as much as last year’s model. Also, what is your impression on the double zipper doors? Not sure I like those either. My single zipper doors were tough at first, but now that the fabric on the tent  has stretched out, they work great.

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Nov 01, 2017, 08:26 AM »
I find the new anchoring system to be a great concept. I really like the fact that the ice anchor goes through the tent skirt also. With the 3 point system it'll keep the tent nice and taunt . The double zippers on this tent work perfect . A lot of people like the single zipper concept. I've been told the over all tent structure is stronger with one zipper doors. Every tent I own has the double zipper. I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with the quality control of this shelter. I was expecting much better. Like mentioned in earlier posts Otter customer service is the best I've ever seen. I'm sure their not happy either. Hopefully they can get me looked after.

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Nov 01, 2017, 04:44 PM »
Otter Customer service is picking up the second tent and sending me a third. LOL I don't know who sounded more disheartened , me or Otter service rep. I hope this new one works out.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 01, 2017, 05:15 PM »
Otter Customer service is picking up the second tent and sending me a third. LOL I don't know who sounded more disheartened , me or Otter service rep. I hope this new one works out.
Must have talked to Debbie. She does a good job.

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Nov 01, 2017, 05:19 PM »
Deb and Tracey are amazing people. And yes I did talk to Deb. Otter has to have the best customer service I have ever dealt with . Their awesome customer service is worth the wait for a new shelter.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Nov 01, 2017, 05:25 PM »
Vexilar and Eskimo are top notch as well. Marcum and Humminbird have been good for me as well. Kudos to you for giving them a chance to get it done right!

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Nov 02, 2017, 07:02 AM »
  Still no reply to my emails on 10/21 and 10/30... :'(

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Nov 02, 2017, 09:04 AM »
  Still no reply to my emails on 10/21 and 10/30... :'(
Just call them. Their super busy this time of the year.

Offline 04EDGE40

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Nov 06, 2017, 09:53 PM »
I have the lodge and I must say I'm shocked by these pictures. Mine has none of the issues I'm seeing and reading about here. The zippers work great, though they are very tight. And the Velcro is all in the right location and the stitching is very impressive. Sorry to hear about your issues, hopefully the third one will be as well constructed as the one I received!

One thing I would like to add is that the XTH Lodge is absolutely dark when the windows are closed. It is pretty amazing how much light it blocks out and it makes the view into the water incredible.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 06, 2017, 10:06 PM »
Still no replies  to my emails  :'( I copied Deb this time, maybe 3rd time is a charm?  I want to love Otter, I really do!!   ;D 

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Nov 07, 2017, 09:31 AM »
Typical made in China garbage! No one makes anything themselves anymore- Clam, Eskimo, Otter etc... they all contract and sell Chinese manufactured trash.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.