Author Topic: Reynolds ponds  (Read 9299 times)

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
Reynolds ponds
« on: Nov 29, 2005, 06:25 PM »
Hey is there any word on this place, I am going there on Saturday with my brother to open the hard water season. What do you use and where are the fish? I have never caught a trout. Oh and where is it, I think I know but I want to be sure and not waste time driving around.

Thanks sled-in (I'll leave the sled at home)

Offline Swayze

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me like fish
Re: Reynolds ponds
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2005, 07:25 PM »
I only go there in the summer but also am thinking of going there on Sat or Sun. I always use very small hook and hook a 1/4 worm right through past the eye hole.  There was a lot of real big guy's in there this year, I caught a lot over 17".  Most were close to shore at the big ponds, Like maybe 10' out only.  Most importantly keep your hand on your rod they bite real light!!  Good luck

Hope to see you out there this week end!

Swayze
Swayze

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:54 PM »
I've only been out there twice about a year ago...first day did OK for numbers, biggest was 13"...next weekend was a bust...small jigs / tube jigs with half a minnow is what worked that one day.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2005, 07:48 PM »
They are pretty accessible early on with either lesser amounts of snow and the fact that hunters keep it open...after hunting season and a big dump of snow, I think it's going to be tougher. 

Derek

Offline Swayze

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me like fish
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2005, 10:39 AM »
I am 100% going to Renyld's on Saturday.  I hope to bring some nice pictures.  I know the roads will not be bad yet. Last year the snow was way to deep with out 4x4. This year I have 4x4 and will be keeping you all posted all year, even if I have to use my snowmobile.  I've seen some real nice pictures from there on the ice, some of which are at Manny's.  If you can't tell I'm so EXCITED!!!   ;D :) :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :woot: :flex: ;)2 :tipup:
Swayze

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2005, 09:49 PM »
Ummm where is Reynolds ponds? I think I know but don't want to drive around if I'm wrong. Hey Swayze, I'm going there Saturday too, I'm driving a blue frontier.

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2005, 11:08 AM »
They are off of Forestry Road 13...drive east on #1 past Manny's...if you cross the river, you have gone a bit too far...the #13 sign is by the treeline and pretty small...it might be best to pop into Manny's and ask just how far to the turnoff...you then go north a ways through the bush...everything kind of opens up when you get to the ponds...12 km east of Richer, 10 km north...first pond is 96 degrees 16' 03.73" W 49 degrees 43' 43.96" N - all the other are within 1 km further.

Good luck.

Derek

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2005, 05:36 PM »
 good day on the ponds, I caught 1 14" rainbow my brother was skunked. The roads were cleared and good. Is there a map of the ponds? I would like to know which pond is which, Manny said that pond 9 was good but I didn't know which one it was.

Offline Swayze

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me like fish
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2005, 06:36 PM »
Sorry I did not get this message before I left!  I did see you two out there with your tip-ups, Me and my friend (Bite King) were there at the pond across from you.  I drive that pewter Jimmy that was on the hill on the main road.  We didn't do as well as I thought we would.  I got a Rainbow and a Brook Trout. Bite King got one Brown Trout.  We had a lot of missed fish though. I'll send some pictures soon.

You can get a map of the ponds from Manitoba fisheries, I had been waiting four year to get it.  They just released it in the new (Manitoba trout fishing Guide)  I got mine at the main office! until now almost no one knew the pond numbers.

I'm gled you cought something!
Swayze

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2005, 09:09 PM »
That trout fishing guide is where I got the directions and coordinates from.  I think I picked it up at the family fishing day at the Forks this summer.

Derek

Offline Swayze

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me like fish
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2005, 10:17 AM »
The guide is great hey, to bad I can't find mine right now, I just moved.  I suggest you should try Snowberry pond! this last summer Me and the Lady caught lots of fat Rainbows!
Swayze

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2005, 10:32 AM »
 Well sled-in how did you do go bad in between. ;D ;D :tipup:
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2005, 10:54 AM »
Hey Swayze, I found a map, you were on pond #3, but on the map I'm confuzed, was I on pond #7 or just some pot hole?

Offline Swayze

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me like fish
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2005, 11:02 AM »
I'm not sure, I think that pond is a pot hole, Pond 7&4 i think have spilled into that area. I'll tell you when I find my map. I know people catch there, I thought you may have known something I didn't being at that place. #3 IS THE ONLY ONE I'M SURE OF!

There are the Trout we caught

AND THE THICKNESS OF THE ICE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO KNOW
Swayze

Offline Swayze

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me like fish
« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2005, 03:11 PM »
That is a great photo, thanks.  Too bad I didn't know of this site 4 years ago.
Swayze

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2005, 03:46 PM »
I printed off a map so next time I will know somewhat where I am, the map is a bit light so it is hard to figer where the ponds all go pond #7 is the worst. I'm hopping that I can make it back there next weekend again, Swayze what were you guys using? I had bought some of those marshmellow type things, I trid them on spoons and a airplane jig, but as soon as a dropped a salty on a jig down I had a bite.

We stopped by at mannys on the way, he said that ponds #3 and #9 were the best he had heard of. The Ice was about 8"-10" so very safe.

grumpymoe

« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2005, 03:57 PM »
Swayze....nice fish....how did you get the bottom one to hit???.....looks like he's missing more than teeth!!!!.....good luck on your next outing...Grump

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2005, 04:15 PM »
 Awsome job on the Trout man the look awsome.....DUCKDOWNER. .... ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline bite king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 2005, 06:15 PM »
Swayze  took me out there i pretty much did not even know the place existed. we were fishing in about 8' of water, i was using a Swedish pimple tipped with a worm. to catch that brown (fluke drilled a hole and dropped it down to see how deep it was and it hit) but i will take it,  i would definitely go back thanks Swayze!

Offline Swayze

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me like fish
« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2005, 06:49 PM »
No problem Bite King,  You introduced me to the La Salle river fishing.

P.S. your Brown trout was almost the size of both of my fish.  And don't forget I also dropped the hook on my first's head and hooked it under the chin.  There is no LUCK in fishing, You just have to get your but out there to catch a fish THAT IS ALL

How's this weekend for you to go back or some where else? Bite King
Swayze

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #20 on: Dec 05, 2005, 08:32 PM »
Nice looking trout Swayze. :)

WW

Offline Ashnohgrimbatul

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 05, 2005, 08:43 PM »

And don't forget I also dropped the hook on my first's head and hooked it under the chin. 

you snagged it? thats not very sportsman like ;) thats pretty crazy that you guys dropped hooks on two fish in one trip!
Let there be ice.

Offline D-RAIL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 06, 2005, 03:19 PM »
I've only ever fished the first pond on the left when you drive in, but never had much luck. I think i will be trying the rest of the ponds yet this year. where abouts is Snowberry pond? I love to fish for trout but I'm still learning where a lot of the ponds are.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.