Author Topic: Trout pond in Birds hill Park  (Read 6024 times)

Offline D-RAIL

• IceShanty Rookie
Trout pond in Birds hill Park
« on: Nov 28, 2005, 01:02 PM »
Could anyone please help me out. I have heard of this pond in birds hill park before but i don't know where exactly it is and how to get there. Plus also what kind of trout do they stock it with. PLEASE HELP!

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Trout pond in Birds hill Park
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2005, 01:11 PM »
Welcome D-Rail! I have NO idea where it is  ???  but I know there will be an answer for you! Hold tight.....  ;D

ps I know who you are. Now get back to work!  :woot:

Offline Ashnohgrimbatul

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2005, 01:55 PM »
I assume you know how to get to the park itself....just continue along the north road, you'll come to a big parking lot on your right.  THere is a paved path that leads to kingfisher lake, the start of the path is marked with a sign.  I tried last week...only 1 fish on in 3 hours, and didn't get him up the hole.  Apparently Kingfisher was stocked with a lot of adult trout recently, but was fished (and poached) heavily this fall.  Hope that helps.  The lake traditionally winter kills, but they have some aerators in place so maybe the fish can survive the winter this year.
Let there be ice.

Offline Swayze

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me like fish
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2005, 02:39 PM »
I want to know who's ever caught any thing from Bird's hill park?  What and When.  I went there last year and got stumped, there were tons of Stickle backs but no fish! 

Thanks,

Swayze
Swayze

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2005, 06:31 PM »
Ash's directions are bang on...follow signs for the beach...most of it is plowed too, so that's good...it is just about a 1 km walk...I've seen photos of rainbows and browns caught there this fall and know a few folks who have caught there.  Last year, it was stocked with adult crappies, but I haven't heard anything about whether or not any of them survived the winter.  See http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/parks/popular_parks/birds_hill/birds_hill_park_map.pdf.

It looks a bit like Swiss cheese on the ice there right now (was there yesterday).  There's some pretty heavy pressure - I think that likely has something to do with its proximity and early ice forming.  I for one will go a little farther for trout as the cool temps prevail and ice thickens.
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2005, 06:33 PM »
lots of posts on one of the other boards on this matter

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.