Author Topic: Disgusting!  (Read 9050 times)

Offline JAMOKIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Pay No More
Re: Disgusting!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2013, 10:17 PM »
I find it funny that now that this has hit the news that the story now has 12 hunters that were hunting together and this was a misunderstanding.
Smells like a cow pasture.
If you buy that story I have some prime realestate in Florida if anyones interested.
No really its not a swamp.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 07, 2013, 06:25 AM »
Yes - I'm an NRO. 

No - Métis people do not need a Harvester Card to hunt or fish.  They do need proof of Métis status but not Harvester Cards. 

Yes - farmers and ranchers shoot bears to protect their crops and other property. 

No - they don't always report these kills to the Dept. of Conservation. 

Yes - elk raise he** on farmers crops including winter wheat and alfalfa bales. 

No - not all farmers and ranchers remove their bales from fields.  Many leave them out until they need them.

Thanks Gatorhunter, this is what I have seen, I spend my life in the outdoors, not sure this other dude steps away from his computer? Obviously not
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline oldccm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 15, 2013, 04:41 PM »
No charges will be laid in the killing of a dozen elk last month north of Swan river near Duck Mountain Provincial Park.  A video of animal carcasses was sent to CJOB.  Conservation officers looked into it and determined the animals were killed by First Nations hunters who said they only took the animals they required for their families.  They also had permission to hunt on the private property.  Conservation still plans to follow-up with tests for chronic wasting disease.   

Offline Mistabray

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:52 AM »
They also had permission to hunt on the private property. 

Just cause they were on private land, doesn't prevent them from shooting out of their trucks, off the road, or spotlighting them at night.
There's something too fishy about killing 12 elk in a day... seems like more than just "a good day a-field" to me.
Everybody has to believe in something.
      ... I believe I'll go fishing.

Offline hot shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 16, 2013, 11:33 AM »
Just cause they were on private land, doesn't prevent them from shooting out of their trucks, off the road, or spotlighting them at night.
There's something too fishy about killing 12 elk in a day... seems like more than just "a good day a-field" to me.

Wish government could grow a pair and not worry about being politically correct or not wanting to offend anyone.

Offline lpl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 16, 2013, 12:52 PM »
and do what???

Offline hot shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 16, 2013, 01:24 PM »
and do what???

Sorry not really the venue to voice my opinions on these issues here because I don't want to start a big debate and it really isn't about fishing. Besides seems that it is hard to talk about "native or aboriginal issues" without someone pulling the racist card.
For these reasons don't want to get into it but you are more than welcome to read between the lines. ;)

Offline The_Big_Cat_Canada

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 16, 2013, 02:47 PM »
Talked to NRO"s yesterday and the actual number of hunters was only 4 not 12 and they called up the buddies to help remove the animals. The one burning question is where the hunt took place. It was conducted over Les Nelsons hay yard which has high fences surronding 3 sides. So the elk never stood a chance and it explains how 12 elk were taken. No fair chase rules applied to this hunt it was a turkey shoot. So my question to conservation had to do with the laws governing hunting over bait. Even if it was Les' bale yard by inviting the metis to hunt there that flys in the face of having any baiting ban if it only applies to white hunters ,the LAW was put in place to prevent the spread of CWD and it should be enforced on all hunters. If you want the Right to Hunt for food you should be forced to actually become a hunter and not SLOB HUNTERS that these Metis clearly are. Ron's account of this hunt in the papers was pure hosre %*&$ and the fact the he and his sons can all harvest more than one elk (unlimited) tells me that this problem needs to be addressed and NOW or the only place you'll see moose or elk in the next ten years will be the winnipeg zoo and as soon as the FN's find out these animals are there they'll have to put guards up for protection of the last remaining animals in Manitoba.

Offline fdishing_god1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 19, 2013, 03:08 PM »
I saw the video on youtube as well.....disturbing. >:(
do you have a link to he video i would like see it or the name of the video?
Ice fishing isn't a Hobby it's a life style

Offline PdotIF

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 20, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Team Slay

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 20, 2013, 10:16 AM »
Why do we still have these treaties? 
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline hot shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 20, 2013, 11:35 AM »
Why do we still have these treaties?

Good question.

Offline whip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 20, 2013, 11:41 AM »
Just heard this weekend a group of 4 went to whitemouth this week, brought back around 120 walleye using their metis card. Say goodbye to good fishing.

Offline The_Big_Cat_Canada

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 21, 2013, 09:10 AM »
Ya thats not uncommon then they will be going around selling them to the white folks. Sustenance hunting my a$$

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 21, 2013, 12:24 PM »
Time for the locals to stand up for "equal-rights". You guys have the right to provide for and feed your families just as any native does.

When the government sees thousands of people wishing to participate in poor herd management all in the name of "feeding their families" (ha), they're bound to reconsider the regulations in place for those who are already allowed to.

I'm all for native rights, but if you're a proponent of 4 people slaughtering 12 elk because it is your native right, I say leave the gunpowder and gasoline at home. Grab the long bow, with the chisel stone tipped arrows and have at it. As said before, leave the 4x4s and video cameras at home.  :whistle: :whistle: :cookoo: ::)

You can feed and provide for your family. Simply buy or apply for a license/tag,hunt or fish within the appropriate season, and play by the rules. If you happen to be aboriginal, your hunting and fishing rights are written in stone over in Ottawa. IMO any Canadian should be able to harvest some game and fish to feed themselves/family if living at the edge of the world...not the fakers living 20 minutes from Sobeys though ::)

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline parchland

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 21, 2013, 04:33 PM »
Talked to NRO"s yesterday and the actual number of hunters was only 4 not 12 and they called up the buddies to help remove the animals. The one burning question is where the hunt took place. It was conducted over Les Nelsons hay yard which has high fences surronding 3 sides. So the elk never stood a chance and it explains how 12 elk were taken. No fair chase rules applied to this hunt it was a turkey shoot. So my question to conservation had to do with the laws governing hunting over bait. Even if it was Les' bale yard by inviting the metis to hunt there that flys in the face of having any baiting ban if it only applies to white hunters ,the LAW was put in place to prevent the spread of CWD and it should be enforced on all hunters. If you want the Right to Hunt for food you should be forced to actually become a hunter and not SLOB HUNTERS that these Metis clearly are. Ron's account of this hunt in the papers was pure hosre %*&$ and the fact the he and his sons can all harvest more than one elk (unlimited) tells me that this problem needs to be addressed and NOW or the only place you'll see moose or elk in the next ten years will be the winnipeg zoo and as soon as the FN's find out these animals are there they'll have to put guards up for protection of the last remaining animals in Manitoba.

I think  metis, natives and whites all fit in to the same category. Don't let a few bad apples make you think everyone is  out to kill everything. I have seen natives and white people guilty of the same things. And if you can't find any elk,,talk to your government.They slaughtered thousands. And I think they were white lol..

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 21, 2013, 05:20 PM »
I think  metis, natives and whites all fit in to the same category. Don't let a few bad apples make you think everyone is  out to kill everything. I have seen natives and white people guilty of the same things. And if you can't find any elk,,talk to your government.They slaughtered thousands. And I think they were white lol..

X2  good post

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 21, 2013, 06:59 PM »
Its funny how people can hate a whole group for actions of just a few, its funny, in my crew I am the only metis, and I am the one throwing back the big fish, while my european and very white buddies think nothing of keeping anything no matter how big!
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.