Author Topic: pop ups  (Read 5168 times)

Offline SISIF

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ^ Every good and perfect gift is from above.
Re: pop ups
« Reply #30 on: Nov 07, 2011, 07:30 AM »
I have a QF6 it's awesome. That new Fatfish (8 man?) is huge, I want to go see it, but maybe I shouldn't. We're probably building a shack right away too, so I just got myself a little Frabill 2 man popup from Wholesale they have them on for $130 from 200. It's a nice little shack for one person.  Or 2 people/ kids, who only use 1 hole each. (Can't stand right up in it though, but this makes it more portable if you need, and easier to heat.)
And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” -Matthew 4:19

Offline jclutch08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Nov 07, 2011, 03:29 PM »
I have a eskimo quick fish 6 and my buddy just got the fatfish 949... We are out almost every weekend and Eskimo tents have never let us down yet. We always set up the holes and start fishing then if we are on them we set the shack up over the productive holes, if no fish for 20 -30 minutes we move on without setting it up.  I found that once we learned the order to fold it down properly it takes no time to take down and move to another spot. I would say every guy has his own opinion on which is best, and I haven't fished from any other brand but I like the Quick Fish 6, and we'll see about the fatfish once the water hardens
Great anglers don't drill better than others, they hammer better

Offline wood99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • http://i63.tinypic.com/xoeceo.jpg
« Reply #32 on: Nov 07, 2011, 06:16 PM »
Its actually the 9416 buddy.....the wide bottom defiantly adds alot of room and this model is quite a bit bigger than the QF6, can't wait till we can get it out on ice.  Says 7 - 9 ppl, but it should be plenty of room for 3.  There are so many options for portables out there now its hard to choose, we beat the crap out of our QF3 the last 2 seasons, probably close to 90 trips on it and its still working perfectly, not even a crack in the windows so that's why I stuck with Eskimo. 

Offline reel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 07, 2011, 11:23 PM »
I like the big Fatfish as well, I just don't know about those big windows, whether they gonna crack or not ...it's sure roomy, and bright inside.

Offline specialized

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Nov 08, 2011, 12:35 AM »
I think the windows will be fine in the fatfish.  They almost have a greasy feeling to them.  They feel like they will be durable. 

Offline jclutch08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Nov 09, 2011, 02:16 PM »
I guess we'll have to make a little friendly wager on which tent will catch more fish... I might set mine up in the backyard tonight just to make sure I remember how.   Gettin a case of the ice fish fever pretty bad these days

Offline wood99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • http://i63.tinypic.com/xoeceo.jpg
« Reply #36 on: Nov 09, 2011, 03:46 PM »
I could be mistaken but I think the windows in the FF are made of a different material than the QF series,  lots of people seem to have had issues with them so hopefully Eskimo fixed that issue.

Offline yroc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Nov 11, 2011, 07:44 AM »
Just got my new fatfish. Pumped to hit that ice and land me my master Walleye for the year.
My bro has the quick fish 3. I'm thinking this new fatfish is gonna be a nice upgrade to the comfort level this year
Thanks to the Tinman for grabbing that fat fish for me.

Offline MNTMAN12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Nov 12, 2011, 06:57 AM »
I guess we'll have to make a little friendly wager on which tent will catch more fish... I might set mine up in the backyard tonight just to make sure I remember how.   Gettin a case of the ice fish fever pretty bad these days
If your going to set yours up in your backyard...I will make a wager on this then too!
You set yours up in your backyard and I set mine up on the Big Lake and see who catches more fish.....I will even let you start now and I will hit the lake for one day in Dec.!
DEAL????? ;D

Offline jclutch08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Nov 12, 2011, 03:19 PM »
Based on what I've seen on Shaw I don't see myself ever falling behind.... Haha

Offline TinmanDon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "LeGyver"
« Reply #40 on: Nov 15, 2011, 09:19 PM »
Just got my new fatfish. Pumped to hit that ice and land me my master Walleye for the year.
My bro has the quick fish 3. I'm thinking this new fatfish is gonna be a nice upgrade to the comfort level this year
Thanks to the Tinman for grabbing that fat fish for me.

your welcome dude.....now let's see if we can put them to good use

Offline TheEyeSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:01 PM »
Picked up a FatFish 949 insulated, i cant wait to test it out.  Lets go Cold Weather!!!!  Hurry your ass up!!

Offline Shienar

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EVERYONE GET BENT
« Reply #42 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:09 PM »
my clam Twin Hub II showed up yesterdaY  i setup it up and cant beleive how much room there is in it

Offline BlueLund

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Nov 22, 2011, 08:45 PM »
I think the windows will be fine in the fatfish.  They almost have a greasy feeling to them.  They feel like they will be durable.

RedEskimo and I sold our 3 man quickfish for the 4 women FatFish !!  ::)    More room, place for our coats , 2 doors..  :o
I figure if the longer poles make the roof collapse in the wind, we will reinforce a square, bout a foot around the hub so they can't collapse downward.

As far as setting up in the wind we like to anchor all the corners before we" pop it up")...cause we looked real stupid holding on to the tent for dear life, as it filled with wind from the bottom and became a kite.    ;)   Lucky we didn't damage ( this is when we had the 3 man )

Can't wait to try it out either.   Might have to spring for the New BIGGER buddyheat with the fan next ......lol     

ice is starting to form on lakewinnipeg.....icech unks/fraziling about 20 feet out from shore...soon......very soon.....

We always take the windows off before taking down tent and we store them flat along the side of the 5 gallon pail ;)  No cracks no bends.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.