Author Topic: no drinking  (Read 9635 times)

Offline Ernievdb

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: no drinking
« Reply #30 on: Feb 27, 2010, 03:05 AM »
So if you want to drink on the ice, it appears the only legal way is to win the Gold medal in Women's Hockey, and in celebration you can drink on the ice!!! Congrats to the women's hockey team in winning gold
A day spent fishing with no fish is still better than any day at work!

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 27, 2010, 07:44 AM »
So if you want to drink on the ice, it appears the only legal way is to win the Gold medal in Women's Hockey, and in celebration you can drink on the ice!!! Congrats to the women's hockey team in winning gold
now THATS a way to make an enterence!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D welcome aboard ernie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 27, 2010, 08:22 AM »
and dont forget about smokin cigars!! thats my type of women!!! ;D

Offline Stingray

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 27, 2010, 11:18 AM »
What about if we're celebrating a nice catch? ;D

Offline fishinwilly4g63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 27, 2010, 11:34 AM »
What about if we're celebrating a nice catch? ;D

Then the iceshanty guys in the states will start hanging their heads and crying lol
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Mar 01, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Just to weigh in with a bit more fuel for the fire - The cops are probably responding to complaints and putting the fear into everyone.
Same type of actions have occured on Lake of the Woods with some folks getting liquored up and leaving garbage and beer cans etc. on the ice. The CO's and cops responded and like always everyone out there had to suffer for the actions of a few.
I'd love a few beers when I am out fishing but due to the irresponsibilities of some I can't risk it.
My 2 cents,
Glen

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #36 on: Mar 01, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Due to the "raid" on the ice shacks two weeks ago, the amount of alcohol being consume in the shacks has visibly diminished. This is noticeable by the increase of beer cans littering the highways.  ::)

HOS

Offline fishystang

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Mar 02, 2010, 02:07 AM »
we have the same rules here and i will admit i have been nailed with my fair share of 115$fines but NEVER while driving, to this day if I'm going over night I still take a couple beers with me knowing I'm risking a fine but also knowing I'm not going to have to many and go driving and risk killing a family or something, the bottom line is you need to be responsible and i have noticed that if you are the Co's will leave you alone.

also bring a garbage bag and pick up your cans, I know its hard to recycle them in MB but the lake isint a garbage can.

Offline zeus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Mar 02, 2010, 08:55 AM »
I  Always "drink" on the Lake or wherever I may be fishing. And nothing on this planet will stop me. UNLESS!!!!!  They decide to BAN a FLASK of "Hot Chocolate. And I always bring my empties home. ??? ??? ??? :icefish:

Offline stukontheice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Mar 04, 2010, 10:51 PM »
here! here!

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Mar 05, 2010, 09:31 AM »
I think it depends where you are. Last year out at Lundar the CO came by and checked us out. Tried writing me a ticket for open liquor but was not happy when I pointed out that the half mikey of brandy still had the seal on it uncraked so he had to rip it up. Then he decided to drive right by the 10 locals visably drinking outside thier shacks.

Offline snap-on

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Mar 05, 2010, 11:57 AM »
I think it depends where you are. Last year out at Lundar the CO came by and checked us out. Tried writing me a ticket for open liquor but was not happy when I pointed out that the half mikey of brandy still had the seal on it uncraked so he had to rip it up. Then he decided to drive right by the 10 locals visably drinking outside thier shacks.
LMAO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.