Idaho > Ice Fishing Idaho

Coeur D'Alene Area

(1/2) > >>

wirehairman:
I will be in Coeur D'Alene the first weekend in March on a business trip.  Would it be worth throwing in my gear and trying to fish a day or two?

The "North Idaho Ice" thread seems to mention quite a few lakes in the area, but I am not familiar with the area and have no idea how ice conditions might be come March.

Thanks a ton in advance.

smitty661:
Early march will depend on weather. Thats usually about the time im putting gear away for the season. The north idaho ice thread is the best place to check but feel free to send me a message before your trip and i will fill you in on conditions close to CDA. Its been a slow start this season.

wirehairman:

--- Quote from: smitty661 on Jan 16, 2024, 05:18 AM ---Early march will depend on weather. Thats usually about the time im putting gear away for the season. The north idaho ice thread is the best place to check but feel free to send me a message before your trip and i will fill you in on conditions close to CDA. Its been a slow start this season.

--- End quote ---

Thank you.  I will reach out closer to the trip for a report on the conditions.

Davedb:
I would bring my gear..better to have it than wishing I had it…. We should have some hard water in early March.

wirehairman:
We are heading to Coeur D'Alene on Thursday, and I would have all day Friday to fish if there is any good ice.  I have been following the "North Idaho Ice" thread and it doesn't sound too promising.  I was hoping Fernan would be fishable as it is literally across the road from the resort.

Do you guys know of any safe ice within an hour or so of Coeur D'Alene that I might be able to hit?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version