The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Alford Pond in Hope  (Read 5796 times)

Offline kmgb42

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wicked Good!!!!
Re: Alford Pond in Hope
« Reply #30 on: Mar 04, 2013, 05:36 PM »
Ptownrowdy and bdonaghy why don't you to pull together and dig your own pond and you two can fish together all alone and be as greedy as you want because someday i would like my kids to catch some nice fish and i do like the help from every one on here.....Oh and  JAY stick to facebook... :woot: :woot:
A bad day of fishing will always be better than a good day at work!
(Nate D)

Offline springfish57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 04, 2013, 05:55 PM »
Alford pond  here I come  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline kmgb42

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wicked Good!!!!
« Reply #32 on: Mar 04, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Thats what im saying... ;D ;D ;D
(Nate D)

Offline Wolley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Mar 04, 2013, 06:05 PM »
this is one of the best burns in a while. if this was a crappie pond the mods would have taken this one down by now.

Offline FishPaws

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 04, 2013, 06:06 PM »
wow, you're inviting everyone, that pond must have an unlimited supply of them! Otherwise it'd be fished out in the next few weekends not to mention when you have a kid. That's what we're sayin.  ;)

Offline kmgb42

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wicked Good!!!!
« Reply #35 on: Mar 04, 2013, 06:09 PM »
they put more in every pond each year its ok every one relax... :icefish: :icefish:
(Nate D)

Offline jackcraps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Mar 04, 2013, 07:17 PM »
Some people never learn.     Once they show up to fish and it looks like the crystal derby at their spot maybe they'll think.twice next time.  Last time I was there there were a ton of eels.   I'll be sending a few dzn people there all this week with your picture so they can match the back ground to the exact spot.  Suckers!

Offline LilWeezy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SHUT UP AND FISH
« Reply #37 on: Mar 04, 2013, 07:22 PM »
not a lot of good access points on that lake. i think sennebec has better fishing  ;)

Offline InSearchOfTrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Mar 04, 2013, 08:16 PM »
I like to come on the shanty to see pics of peoples fish and get advice about bait, gear, techniques etc. Half of the fun and satisfaction of fishing is going over reports and maps and finding good spots to fish on your own. So when people come on here and just simply burn spots or straight up ask where people are catching trophies I just cant grasp it but to each their own I guess. Its not like people wont find out about spots like alford or others but to come on a message board and just publicly blow it up or revel in it is beyond me. Also, the group of guys I fish with have thrown back numerous 3-4lb browns this year but the fact is the circus that is going to descend on alford and all the other spots that get burned on here will not only increase pressure in numbers but also in how many fish are being taken. Fish get to that size because people release them and let them reach their full potential.

Theres also no need to personally call people out either, extremely childish! Oh and there is a huge difference between being greedy and being modest there is nothing wrong with keeping fishing spots to yourself and your buddies. Word eventually gets out on its own but if we keep announcing good spots there will be none left!   

Offline skidooguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAAAAAGGGG!!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: Mar 04, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Im really not a fan of pics of decent fish- with lake names. They may put more in lakes every year, But I will say they tend to grow better in the lake than they do in the freezer. Im not saying I dont enjoy a nice baked salmon, But i will add I throw back many many fish. Im not crapping on the boys who started this thread. Great Job guys- Im more dissapointed with everyone else who chimed. Spot burning is a major problem. I fish with other people a lot. I also do most of the leg work by myself. A lot of people dont put their time in. Anyways, nice fish guys, I bet that day was a blast  :tipup:
Also known as Rebel16 on MYFISHFINDER.COM

Registered Maine Guide

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Cant feel what fingers? You still got fingers?
« Reply #40 on: Mar 05, 2013, 07:02 AM »
This is why I fish alone, and don't post pics.
Besides, I'm just as happy to sit in the unfished corner of a lake, catch a few modest size togue or brookies, take one home for supper and know that nobody ruined it for me.
Most of them go back down the hole and I'm not chasing trophys. Fishin for fun and food can make you feel like a kid again.
If the ice was in better shape I wouldn't even waste my time reading this thread anymore.
I wish I was in heaven sittin down..........on a 5 gallon pail!

Offline countyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Mar 05, 2013, 07:57 AM »
 :clap: :clap:

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Mar 05, 2013, 08:15 AM »
Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

Offline TightLinesMaine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Mar 05, 2013, 09:10 AM »
just to clarify as people seem upset about this "spot burning" crap:

what i said on reply #12 to this thread was already posted (on iceShanty) in an article here by another member on this site (not going to name names) i simply copied and pasted from the article someone else already posted... it's public knowledge someone caught a 10 lb brown out of this lake the newspapers don't hide it so why does everyone on here try to hide it like it's some kind of top secret information...  ??? also maybe i'm just bad at brown trout fishing (through the ice anyways... i can catch all the hogs i need open water) but you guys act like anyone can go to this pond/lake and catch all the 2-4+ lbers in a few weeks and instantly kill the brown fishery.. far from true....

Offline Zack09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Mar 05, 2013, 10:57 AM »
Sharing where you went isn't really a big deal to me. I hate when people hide all the information like its a big secret or something. News flash if its on the stocking report plenty of people know about the pond/lake.

I don't mind sharing which pond I'm fishing if it helps the young kids maybe hook into a nice fish isn't that what fishing is all about. Nothing better then seeing the smile on a kids face when they land a nice fish.Holding back and being greedy never gets you anywhere.

The 10 pounder that was caught was all over the Internet and newspapers in the state. So I wouldn't say I'm the only one who has told about this "hot secret spot" it was just one of those days when they bit. I've been back twice since that day an have only caught a bunch of white perch and a couple small brookies

Offline Troutaddict8976

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Troutbum8976 on MyFishFinder
« Reply #45 on: Mar 05, 2013, 11:06 AM »
Those are some awesome browns! my biggest brown is only 18 inches 2 pounds (caught it fly fishing though) Havent even caught a single brown this year.. looks like im gonna have to try some different tactics after seeing how many giants people are catching on here I cant wait for my first 20+incher!

Offline TightLinesMaine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Mar 05, 2013, 11:17 AM »
Sharing where you went isn't really a big deal to me. I hate when people hide all the information like its a big secret or something. News flash if its on the stocking report plenty of people know about the pond/lake.

I don't mind sharing which pond I'm fishing if it helps the young kids maybe hook into a nice fish isn't that what fishing is all about. Nothing better then seeing the smile on a kids face when they land a nice fish.Holding back and being greedy never gets you anywhere.

The 10 pounder that was caught was all over the Internet and newspapers in the state. So I wouldn't say I'm the only one who has told about this "hot secret spot" it was just one of those days when they bit. I've been back twice since that day an have only caught a bunch of white perch and a couple small brookies

agree with this post 100%
especially what i bolded..

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm not leaving until I catch a fish!!! R. Crabs
« Reply #47 on: Mar 05, 2013, 11:43 AM »
Day trip to Alford

Offline xphelanx

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where did you put my beer?
« Reply #48 on: Mar 05, 2013, 12:09 PM »
Day trip to Alford
Don't bother, Rusty. All fished out. The 9.5 pounder that came out of there Saturday morning 200 yds from my crew was the last fish in the lake.
I've got the itch... No, not that one. It's the good kind.
It's pronounced "fay-len" (the x's are silent)

Offline burgerboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Mar 05, 2013, 12:15 PM »
zack i agree 100% way to put it. it Don't matter its all in luck or skill i have been with my dad fishing for 15 years now the past couple years he has caught some nice browns and i was fishing the same way he was got to be in the right place at the right time doing the right stuff.
drilling and killing

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Mar 05, 2013, 01:18 PM »
Yay keep going guys, this stuff is more entertaining that watching comedy central. You burned my spot, no I didnt, Yes you did, No I didnt, MMMMOOOOOOMMMMMMM Tommy burned my spot on iceshanty!!!!!!!! Holy oh ch**** you guys come on. I can go on the IFW website and find a stocking report, lake depth chart, and the breakdown of what the fish act like in said lake without even having to come on here. If someone wants to gloat a little bit about the nice fish they caught then let them. It has nothing to do with their ego. Most everybody on here has posted a few pictures of the fish they have caught. Ptownrowdy has had some nice browns on here, Bdonaghy has pictures of his fish under every post he puts up. I have put pictures of fish from this year and last on here. Grumpy is right. This is a place to come check ice conditions of said lake and maybe if you have never been to that lake they will be nice enough to share some info if you ask nice enough. But the short time I have been a member of IS I have learned that PM are the way to go. If you are that secretive about your spot the message that person and maybe they will share. But remember that a favor for a favor is how life goes. If someone shares with you then you share with them.
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Mar 05, 2013, 02:09 PM »
          ::) :whistle:

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Mar 05, 2013, 02:19 PM »
Sorry I left oldfart out of my previous rant. I haven't seen a picture from him yet either
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Mar 05, 2013, 02:28 PM »
I'll admit I have no computer skills beyond my hunt and peck posts. I couldn't post a pic with all the instructions given on the subject. I just find the info good on here. And I PM people that need specifics on a how to. Glad to help. No pics.
 But I'll never show up at Awlfawl pond or whatever it is.  I fish alone.
Hell, I'm crowded on here. >:(

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Mar 05, 2013, 03:04 PM »
Haha I here you there. I normally fish with just me and my buddy. Add 1 more person to the group and it complicates things beyond frustration.

Offline burgerboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Mar 06, 2013, 07:02 AM »
i fish with a lot of different people and talk to a lot of people about fishing and they never go right to where i was fishing. Just because Someone catches one big fish in that spot doesn't mean there is more. If somebody tells me they caught a big fish in the lake and tells me where im not going to go to that same spot im going to go find my own hot spot on the lake.
drilling and killing

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Mar 06, 2013, 07:06 AM »
Yeah. But your still showing up on the same lake. With the hoards who heard about the big fish.

Offline burgerboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Mar 06, 2013, 11:05 AM »
excuses about what.
drilling and killing

Offline TightLinesMaine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Mar 06, 2013, 11:24 AM »
ptownrowdy doesn't want anyone finding his secret brown spot  ;)

Offline burgerboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Mar 06, 2013, 12:08 PM »
didn't think it was agents the rules to tell you guys where the fish are bitting. You would think it would help you guys not saying you need help but still.
drilling and killing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.